Official DISNEY Cake Chatter Thread - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I still seem to be missing something, as I did upload to Photobucket, copied the IMG info into the "insert image" on DIS but all I got was the address and no picture. I'll try again, later. Thanks for the help! Karen

Here you go!

Having gleamed everything from these boards, I decided to order a special cake for my DGD 5th birthday. We had dinner reservations at 1900 Park Fare for our first night, so I called Pat at the GF. She called back and suggested a Mickey Mouse Head cake. I told her I would prefer something with the Princesses, and we decided on a 6 inch yellow cake with buttercream in pink. Pat said she would have the Princesses done in white chocolate. I did ask for cream and strawberries filling. Pat said they really didn't do that for the 6 inch cake but would ask for us. The price was 54.00. I told her that I would like some flowers. Well the cake was beautiful! Since we had too much dinner, we took it back to our room. We finally cut into it a couple of days later, and, it was delicious too! Here's the photos thanks for the upload tip

DSCN0156.jpg

I also emailed the first time yesterday and have heard back twice from Brian. (Talk about efficient!)

It turns out that, due to maintaining character-integrity, they cannot make hand-moulded versions of Handy Manny's Tools. As Brian put it, they can't have a character on a cake that doesn't look exactly like the character would on screen or in real life. (Never thought of that before, but it makes sense.) Oh well, I'm sure we'll come up with something.

Have fun deciding what option to pick. I like the fondant idea with tropical flowers and maybe no topper at all - but as a PP said, choose what you and yours would like best. :goodvibes

Well that stinks! What are your other ideas? I sent him another email w/ a few tweaks of the ideas I had and than I'll finalize what I want.

They had it on the table waiting for us. My daughter was soooo surprised. the evening was perfect. Waterside table at Narcoosees and dessert during wishes......

Well that stinks! What are your other ideas? I sent him another email w/ a few tweaks of the ideas I had and than I'll finalize what I want.

I know! :goodvibes

Hopefully Brian will be able to incorporate things like a measuring tape wrapped around the circumference of the cake, the illusion of nail/screw heads holding down elements on the cake, and a 3d 60 that looks like it was made from wood.

I think as far as the tools themselves, I think it's going to have to be screen prints backed in white chocolate. As long as the edible prints are hgh resolution, I think it will be okay. I'm hoping he can do each tool separately around the side of the cake as opposed to one group image sitting on the top, but I'll have to wait to hear back from him - maybe he'll have a suggestion I haven't thought of.

Glad to hear your ideas are coming together.

I don't think I can read this entire thread for information on cakes at Planet Hollywood.

We are arriving on my son's birthday and will be having dinner at PH. Does anyone know what they offer there?

Thanks

P1040478.jpg
[/IMG]Here is a pic of my DS14 birthday cake from CakemanBri sent over to CRT for a big family dinner.
It was unbeleivable!

I contacted Brian thru the cake hotline about a week and a half before we went. This was 3-10. I email back and forth with a few sketches of what DS and I had come up with. This looks just like what we wanted only better.
Cost -$135
Marble cake,vanilla buttercream icing, fondant
Fully painted 3-d white choc cake topper
Presents were fondant, I think thebig 14 and stars were also
I now have to come up with another idea for other DS b-day that is coming up in a month. He is hoping for something just as terrific. I am sure Brian will be able to do another masterpiece for us.

I contacted Brian thru the cake hotline about a week and a half before we went. This was 3-10. I email back and forth with a few sketches of what DS and I had come up with. This looks just like what we wanted only better.
Cost -$135
I now have to come up with another idea for other DS b-day that is coming up in a month. He is hoping for something just as terrific. I am sure Brian will be able to do another masterpiece for us.

Was there any additional cost to have it sent to CRT?!

This excites me because I was just talking about nix-ing the cake this year bc my husband didn't want to switch reservations!

Cost -$135

Thanks for the info ... now for the other part of the equation - did it taste anywhere near as good as it looked? :goodvibes

I was never charged any delivery fee. You do need to tip on that amount though.The waitress was so-so but everything else about the evening was great. The chef and manager brought it out. I was told by the chef that people were taking photos of it in back before sending it out,that they hadn't seen one like it before there. They were very nice and boxed the rest to take back to the room with us. It was a 10" so there was a lot left.
I will say that the first woman on the phone(cake hotline) told me they don't do ant custom cakes there any more.Told more than once. I made acouple of more calls, got transfered to BW bakery then Private Dining and I think eventually they told me Brian's email and what would need to happen to do it.
Maybe I just got lucky...or alot of pixie dust!

I had wanted a really nice cake as a send of for our Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder. But after you cut into it it looks bad and for the prices I would feel obligated to eat it everyday. The Disney Florist has some nice things. A really cute bag filled with snacks. Something I can take on the cruise.

Hi everyone - just ordered a cake through the IPO at the Poly - ordered a 6 inch with fondant trees and turkeys for DH for our honeymoon (he likes hunting not me) with "Happy Honeymoon to one turkey of a husband"

I assume that since it's being delivered during our dinner at Cali Grill it will be made there? Hoping by Chef Brian?

It was a bit on the pricy side $150.00 :scared1: but I think DH will LOVE it and think it's such a cute surprise (it will be his first trip to Disney after all)

Has everyone had pretty much had good experiences with cakes from Cali Grill??

Hi everyone - just ordered a cake through the IPO at the Poly - ordered a 6 inch with fondant trees and turkeys for DH for our honeymoon (he likes hunting not me) with "Happy Honeymoon to one turkey of a husband"

I assume that since it's being delivered during our dinner at Cali Grill it will be made there? Hoping by Chef Brian?

It was a bit on the pricy side $150.00 :scared1: but I think DH will LOVE it and think it's such a cute surprise (it will be his first trip to Disney after all)

Has everyone had pretty much had good experiences with cakes from Cali Grill??

Why didn't you just call the cake line for the Contemporary/Cali Grill? (Option 7)

Why didn't you just call the cake line for the Contemporary/Cali Grill? (Option 7)

Because i'm staying club level at the Poly and the Itinerary Planning Office (available to CL guests) have taken care of booking all my ADR's and excursions as well as my cake...Saves me a lot of time :thumbsup2

Because i'm staying club level at the Poly and the Itinerary Planning Office (available to CL guests) have taken care of booking all my ADR's and excursions as well as my cake...Saves me a lot of time :thumbsup2

Last time I stayed Club Level at BC, they told me they couldn't arrange cakes - that they always have be done thru the cake hotline. How interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter