***Official DLR December 2021 Check-in Thread***

I sure hope we get holiday details soon - parade & fireworks times, festival of the holiday booths, other fun holiday things etc. I’ve planned about as much as I can without it!

What are the festival of the holiday booths? (DL newbie here)

Got an email from AA last week saying that our flight was canceled and given new flight info but the times did not work for us. We contacted Hotwire and they were able to change our flight to one with better hours. I had been reading that, due to short staffing, this was a possibility, but would it be safe to assume it could happen again, especially closer to the holidays? Our trip isn’t until the week after Thanksgiving, but that could go either way with current situation.

I also logged in yesterday and today to check on dining availability, but didn’t find anything. I believe they barely opened reservations for Nov 23rd, so hopefully in just a few more days my dates will start to see openings.

I would go Thursday-Saturday. That would be good because only one day is on the weekend. But it's so hard to tell how crowds will be this year.

Thanks! That’s what I ended up doing…though because of our flight schedule I’m considering adding on 1 or even 2 days.

We are officially booked at Hotel Indigo 12/15-12/19!
We land at LAX 12:35pm and don’t leave until 8:30PM so I’m considering us going for a few hours those days as well

We are booked for GCH 12/6-12/9 and are very excited! Just read the Diwali dancers will be back at CA... love them so much!

Got an email from AA last week saying that our flight was canceled and given new flight info but the times did not work for us. We contacted Hotwire and they were able to change our flight to one with better hours. I had been reading that, due to short staffing, this was a possibility, but would it be safe to assume it could happen again, especially closer to the holidays? Our trip isn’t until the week after Thanksgiving, but that could go either way with current situation.

I also logged in yesterday and today to check on dining availability, but didn’t find anything. I believe they barely opened reservations for Nov 23rd, so hopefully in just a few more days my dates will start to see openings.

Just looked at the dining res calendar, and it's open through 12/3 right now.

Hey everyone! I've added everyone who has posted recently. Let me know if I missed you. We're getting quite the group for holiday trips!

It's getting closer to our trips! I also can't wait until they release more info. Looks like the foodie guides have been historically released around November 8 or so. We just need reservations to open up! How's the planning coming along for everyone?

You can click on it, but reservations are not yet available yet for I believe Nov 24th thru Dec 3rd.
For most places, they seem to be coming available at 3am (gasp) PST — that is, for 12/7, they’ll come open in about an hour (fingers crossed), except for Carthay, which someone else noted showed up 42 days out. I think this means I was up last night at 3, and will be up at 3 the next couple of nights, too! :crutches:

I booked some dining, I am not looking for anything too fancy. There is a lot my mother won't eat. I have to read all the menus before I decide. I have no issue with quick service, but I do like to have at least one meal a day booked.

Feeling bummed - I went to check on dining reservations for Plaza Inn for the 3rd and found nothing. However, when I checked the following week there’s plenty of reservations. Did I miss it? I’ll keep trying until the day of our trip, but I have a feeling we might not get lucky 😔

We paid off our Costco package today!! :cheer2: Dining reservations have been made (got everything we wanted) and now I just want to see times for all the holiday entertainment.

Also, I saw a post on Instagram by @code_word_disney that there were permits filed for 8 Festival of the Holidays food booths and 2 for pergolas which will probably be for merch. I am so dang excited! I have come to terms with we probably won't get foodie guides until the week of November 8th.

We paid off our Costco package today!! :cheer2: Dining reservations have been made (got everything we wanted) and now I just want to see times for all the holiday entertainment.

Also, I saw a post on Instagram by @code_word_disney that there were permits filed for 8 Festival of the Holidays food booths and 2 for pergolas which will probably be for merch. I am so dang excited! I have come to terms with we probably won't get foodie guides until the week of November 8th.

Congratulations! I sat on hold with Disney for 2 hours today to get my two online accounts merged into one so it doesn't give me any trouble for reservations and virtual queues. Also got my alarm set for 2:50 am starting on Friday so I can get my dining booked...three parties of 6 at around the same time is going to be a fun challenge.

Congratulations! I sat on hold with Disney for 2 hours today to get my two online accounts merged into one so it doesn't give me any trouble for reservations and virtual queues. Also got my alarm set for 2:50 am starting on Friday so I can get my dining booked...three parties of 6 at around the same time is going to be a fun challenge.
Did you set up alerts with Mouse Dining? That's how I got my reservations and I just used the free 6 alert program.

Happy to say dining reservations were not difficult. After September's crowds we decided that we are going to approach this trip differently and focus on the atmosphere rather than rides. Hoping for Genie Plus.

Did you set up alerts with Mouse Dining? That's how I got my reservations and I just used the free 6 alert program.

I am waiting until after the initial 4 days of trying when they are scheduled to drop before I set up the Mouse Dining alerts. Am hoping that the recent reports I am reading are true and that there is a release right at 3am each day.

@Halloweenqueen - In our past holiday trips we have added a game we like to play when things get busy. We split up and one group/person takes a photo of a location in the park where they are, then the rest of us go find them. Whomever finds them first gets to take their turn next. It is a ton of fun, especially if you are relatively familiar with the parks and what each area looks like.

We adjust our trip so we could attend “ Merriest nights”…we are now December 3-8…hotels split between Park Vue and Fairfield Inn. Didn’t want to split, but needed to!

December 4-10 at an RV park nearby. My husband and I are staying with my parents in their 5th wheel (they are retired and drive around all over). This will be my first time not staying at a hotel on a Disney trip and my first time not walking to/from the parks! My parents are Magic Keyholders so we will be driving there and parking. I've never experienced the parking side of Disneyland so it'll be different to go in that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter