OFFICIAL Jan 2011 Half Marathon, Full Marathon, Dopey or Goofy Challenge Thread

So who is going to start the 2012 thread;)

Vicky I never got mine either, what email address are you sending a letter to?

I heard from a friend who did the 1/2 that they where doing chest compressions on a gentlemen but did not know what happened to him. So sad thoughts and prayers to his family. A previous co-worker of mine who had done lots of marathons and was in amazing shape died during a marathon he was in his early 50's I believe, they started a race in Aurora named after him. When doing the full on Sunday a lady fell in front of us coming out of the castle, I am not sure how badly hurt she was all the cast members where there and I just heard them say they would not let her get up so not sure if she hit her head.

Well I am for sure doing the 1/2 in 2012, not sure if I will take it any longer in 2012 after doing a goofy in 2010 and full in 2011 with really bad bone spurs and PF I think a 1/2 is what I will aim for just look at improving my times.

I loved lurking on this thread! It's really motivated me and I want to run my first full next year. I've done three half marathons and I'm signed up for two more this year. I really want to get that medal!! Good job everyone!

Hello! I am just now able to get on here! My first marathon was a success! We had a BLAST! we stopped and took pics with almost every character. Our time was slow, but we didn't care, we wanted to have fun with our first full.
I did a two part recap on my blog full of pictures if anyone wants to check it out!
http://www.runningwithsass.com/wdw-marathon-2011-recap-part-1/

that is the first part, then the second part is the next post. :)
Weather was perfect. Fans were great. It. was. awesome!

Hello! I am just now able to get on here! My first marathon was a success! We had a BLAST! we stopped and took pics with almost every character. Our time was slow, but we didn't care, we wanted to have fun with our first full.
I did a two part recap on my blog full of pictures if anyone wants to check it out!
http://www.runningwithsass.com/wdw-marathon-2011-recap-part-1/

that is the first part, then the second part is the next post. :)
Weather was perfect. Fans were great. It. was. awesome!

Wow! I love your recap and your blog! You looked so happy all the way through! And I love the cute running skirt! Are they comfy? I may have to try one of those. Cngrats to you and your husband. What an awesome race and the blog/recap really tells a beautiful story! Love it!

Wow! I love your recap and your blog! You looked so happy all the way through! And I love the cute running skirt! Are they comfy? I may have to try one of those. Cngrats to you and your husband. What an awesome race and the blog/recap really tells a beautiful story! Love it!

aw thanks so much!!
i LOVE my running skirts, its ALL I wear when I run!!
we had a blast!

Hey everyone,

Just got back from Orlando yesterday. Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Marathon Weekend :woohoo:

This was my first weekend and first half and I LOVED it!!! DD did the 100m Dash, which was just too cute, DH did the marathon :worship: and I did my first half marathon :woohoo: I'd said I'd be happy if I ran 2.30 but did it in 2.19 so I'm chuffed to bits :yay: (ran all the way except for one very quick toilet stop!).

The savings now begins as really want to go again next year, definately caught the Disney Marathon Weekend bug!!

10K next weekend, good luck to everyone with their upcoming races and hopefully see you on the 2012 thread :)

Hi Peeps, been reading through the thread, were all set to do next years goofy,hope some of you are going again!
And pretty please start a thread for 2012

I just signed up for Rebel Race. I am running outside in this weather- haha. I can't wait to do the 15k with all of those obstacles. It looks like fun. I hope everyone here will come with me. Look at it rebelrace.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter