• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official January 2021 thread****

Just found this thread! Flying to Orlando the night of January 1 (Frontier unfortunately), arriving morning of January 2, going to Universal January 2-5 (rest day on Sunday) going to Disney January 6-16 (rest day on Sunday), and flying home January 17 (😡) on Southwest. We’re staying at a cheap off-site Airbnb a very short bus ride from Universal for the first portion of the trip and then we’re moving to a cheap off-site Airbnb a fairly short bus ride to Disney. We’re planning to park hop, but we have park passes for 3 days for MK, 2 at AK, and 5 at HS (you probably don’t have to guess why... lol). Literally cannot wait.

So no Friday or Saturday flight home? That's crazy. Guess I'm glad Delta has multiple flights each day, so no matter how much they try to move our flight up, I just push it back. Hopefully you can switch to a different airline or move it somehow to make the trip work.
No, they brought Friday back. But I already paid Disney the extra $$$ and we have plans for Saturday. I could fly out of another airport, but the departure time is 8am, which cancels all our Saturday anyway. They switched our flights less than 2 weeks ago so I kind of expect them to switch them again so I don’t know if I should switch airports....I’m kind of rambling in my own brain here lol.

I COULD switch from sun-sat to sat-fri and fly to MCO from 1 airport and fly home to another but I’ve never done that before and it makes me incredibly nervous for some reason???

No, they brought Friday back. But I already paid Disney the extra $$$ and we have plans for Saturday. I could fly out of another airport, but the departure time is 8am, which cancels all our Saturday anyway. They switched our flights less than 2 weeks ago so I kind of expect them to switch them again so I don’t know if I should switch airports....I’m kind of rambling in my own brain here lol.

I COULD switch from sun-sat to sat-fri and fly to MCO from 1 airport and fly home to another but I’ve never done that before and it makes me incredibly nervous for some reason???
Yeah that's definitely frustrating. Hopefully over the next month a better plan emerges.

I was going to wait until closer to our trip to move my return flight to later in the day, but went ahead and did it a couple days ago. I'm almost expecting another change email anytime now, lol. We're now in the very latest flight out with an early evening return. If it gets bumped again, I'm just going to push to latest flight out/latest return time.

If anyone is going over NYE, looks like the hours have been extended for all parks except Epcot on Jan 1 & 2.

I just came to post this! Fingers crossed they extend through the end of the month!!
I'm excited for the extra time in HS that Friday. I really don't want MK to extend hours the following week though, lol. I have BoG reservation for closing time.

I just came to post this! Fingers crossed they extend through the end of the month!!
Fingers crossed with you! Great to see they are extending some.
We go the following week, so hoping next week's update might extend a little, at least for some of the days :)

That is the week that we will be there and it is great to have parks open later, especially MK and Epcot. :)
Yes, I’m excited for Epcot open later. We just have 2 park days that week, the other is Hollywood Studios. I’m glad it opens early but closes same time. Got a 7pm dinner reservation that I wanted so we could be there after closing time. 😁

In case anyone is interested, I noticed Be Our Guest now has reservations until 7pm through the end of the January. Closing time is still 6pm from the 10th on.

I'm waiting for some of the extended hours at the beginning of January to result in extended reservations. The hours for a couple of places went up an hour, but the ADR times either haven't been loaded yet, or someone swooped in and took them all before I noticed 😄

I'm waiting for some of the extended hours at the beginning of January to result in extended reservations. The hours for a couple of places went up an hour, but the ADR times either haven't been loaded yet, or someone swooped in and took them all before I noticed 😄
Anything specific you’re looking for? I’ve noticed a few at a time getting added. I don’t think too much has been scooped up, so just keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter