****Official January 2021 thread****

Joining this official/unofficial thread! Like most, we had to cancel our 2020 trip for various COVID-related reasons, but I officially booked and bought plane tix for January over the weekend! only 5 days, but our first adult-only trip, and celebrating our 10th anniversary and my husband's 40th....just all a few months late! We are totally cool with no fireworks, no dining plan, no meet and greets, etc. We'll roll with it, because most of that stuff we did for the kids anyway. And I can't wait to not sweat my butt off lol.
What are the dates of your trips?

I'm hoping to celebrate my 40th in WDW as well. I'm trying to plan for it on my actual birth date, but I'm sure our whole family will celebrate our Covid b-days collectively! lol :)

What are the dates of your trips?

I'm hoping to celebrate my 40th in WDW as well. I'm trying to plan for it on my actual birth date, but I'm sure our whole family will celebrate our Covid b-days collectively! lol :)
We're going 1/25-1/29. We've been on my husband's birthday before because it's our fav week to go - first week of December. I would love to go on my actual birthday too but I'm a late May baby and it's too darn hot for me then!

Thinking of going around MLK weekend (we've been a few times during this time). I just wish we knew if park-hopping would be back by then. It'd make it easier for me to book (actually move our December trip).

I just rented DVC points for Bay Lake Tower Jan 15-18, 2021. :flower1::flower1::flower1:

We are Floridians/AP holders though, so we have a few trips planned between now and then that I am focusing on planning.

We're going 1/25-1/29. We've been on my husband's birthday before because it's our fav week to go - first week of December. I would love to go on my actual birthday too but I'm a late May baby and it's too darn hot for me then!
Nice, I love the Christmas atmosphere. I’m hoping there’s still some Christmas feel for Marathon weekend. Not running, just happens to be same weekend as birthday.

We were supposed to go May this year and was preparing for the heat, lol. January temps seem way better.

Mark us down for January 6-14. Getting one more trip in before the grandson turns 3 and we have to start buying him a ticket. We rented DVC at Poly back in February, right before everything went south. Bought airplane tickets yesterday, so we are all set with the exception of dining reservations (come on November 8th...).

Mark us down for January 6-14. Getting one more trip in before the grandson turns 3 and we have to start buying him a ticket. We rented DVC at Poly back in February, right before everything went south. Bought airplane tickets yesterday, so we are all set with the exception of dining reservations (come on November 8th...).

Just so you know, tamu, that the 7-10 is Marathon Weekend. The 7th and 8th may not be so bad, but the 9th is the half, and the 10th is 26.2 miles all over the place. Traffic, that day, may be really wonky.

We’ll be doing our first DVC trip Jan 18-25. Currently have a 3 bedroom BLT villa, with the hope that the grandparents can come.

If they don’t, we’ll be in a 2 bedroom. Actually wondering if we should book that now too, just to be sure we have it in case the grandparents end up bailing due to COVID ... any advice on that?

Our plans are Jan 14-18.
We will fly into MCO on Jan 14th with a 5:35pm arrival. I'm going to assume that would put us at SSR around 7:30-ish? Does that seem correct?
We would walk/bus to DS for dinner asap.
Jan 15-MK
Jan 16-HS
Jan 17-EP
Jan 18-AK
Our flight on the 18th is at 8:20pm. My memory is too terrible right now, but would that have us taking DME back to the airport around 5:00?

My thought process in planning this was as follows:
MK has the most attractions that we want to do, and walking down Main Street as the first thing we do is just so magical to me.
I could flip flop HS and EP, but I was thinking that it may be less crowded on a Sunday vs Saturday with locals???
AK has the least amount of attractions that we would like to do, so doing a RD and staying only until we have to for our flight is okay with us.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

ETA: It will just be myself and FH going.

Our plans are Jan 14-18.
We will fly into MCO on Jan 14th with a 5:35pm arrival. I'm going to assume that would put us at SSR around 7:30-ish? Does that seem correct?
Jan 15-MK
Jan 16-HS
Jan 17-EP
Jan 18-AK
Our flight on the 18th is at 8:20pm. My memory is too terrible right now, but would that have us taking DME back to the airport around 5:00?

MK has the most attractions that we want to do, and walking down Main Street as the first thing we do is just so magical to me.
I could flip flop HS and EP, but I was thinking that it may be less crowded on a Sunday vs Saturday with locals???
AK has the least amount of attractions that we would like to do, so doing a RD and staying only until we have to for our flight is okay with us.

merged you to the right thread

Our plans are Jan 14-18.
Jan 15-MK
Jan 16-HS
Jan 17-EP
Jan 18-AK

I don't see anything wrong with the plans. With the 3 day weekend (Not from Florida, so I'm not sure how big MLK day is there if everyone has it off or not), it'll probably be busy in most parks no matter what, so better to get to MK on Friday.

You are correct about DME 3 hours before the flight, so better to hit up AK that day anyway.

I don't see anything wrong with the plans. With the 3 day weekend (Not from Florida, so I'm not sure how big MLK day is there if everyone has it off or not), it'll probably be busy in most parks no matter what, so better to get to MK on Friday.

You are correct about DME 3 hours before the flight, so better to hit up AK that day anyway.
Thank you for the feedback!

Finally told my wife about my birthday plans I’ve been working on since before covid, including how covid reshaped the plans as an opportunity to make up for the cancelled May trip. We decided to keep it a secret from the DD, at least until Christmas, but maybe until we get there, 😂

looking forward to spending my winter birthday in the sunshine state. Never had the opportunity to do something like this before.

We rebooked our May trip to 1/2 to 1/8 and staying at the Poly DVC. Don’t care about the construction or the fact that holiday decorations will probably be down. We had a fabulous trip last December the week before Christmas. I’m a nurse and have been working nonstop since March So a week away after the holidays is perfect!! I also just read the marathon will be virtual so that may decrease crowd levels.

We rebooked our May trip to 1/2 to 1/8 and staying at the Poly DVC. Don’t care about the construction or the fact that holiday decorations will probably be down. We had a fabulous trip last December the week before Christmas. I’m a nurse and have been working nonstop since March So a week away after the holidays is perfect!! I also just read the marathon will be virtual so that may decrease crowd levels.
Hi Breezy's Mom! Welcome to the January Club!

I'm part of that Marathon crew, well, my DW is, I'm just here for the Dole Whip! 😄

There might be people running the races on their own, anyway, on the proper mornings, all unofficial. We'll see. In any case, it will definitely be fewer people there.

Welcome to January!

I'm hoping some decorations will still be up through what was marathon weekend! We'll be at WDW starting Jan 7. We were a May cancellation as well.

January 1 is 100 days away! Who has their park pass reservations all lined up?

Right now, I've got
Jan 8 - HS
Jan 9 - Epcot
Jan 10 - HS - though this will probably be a beach day depending on weather. I am hoping for some short lines at the end of the night 🤞
Jan 11 - AK - Also moving to AKL for 2 nights.
Jan 12 - MK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter