***Official January 2023 Thread***

I haven't seen a lot of buzz about Fantasmic crowds recently, so maybe it's gotten better?

However, Fantasmic has currently been reduced from 2 shows to 1 show during most weekday nights. The schedule for the rest of January and early February is below. Plan accordingly!

January 21-23 (Saturday to Monday): 8:00pm, 9:30pm
January 24-27
(Tuesday to Friday): 8:00pm
January 28-31
(Sunday to Tuesday): 8:00pm, 9:30pm
February 1-3
(Wednesday to Friday): 8:00pm
February 4-6
(Saturday to Monday): 8:00pm, 9:30pm

Fantasmic May Move to Off-Season Performance Schedule Starting January 17th
We went earlier this week - only one show. The theatre was packed solid. We showed up 25 mins before but was not offered dining package seats. We did ask to be seated slightly to the left and ended up way at the other end of the theatre. Which actually worked out for DH’s vision issues. We’d probably walk the distance over here in the future.

That said, nights with 2 shows are wayyy more chill. We did that just before Christmas last year and got offered dining package seats right in the middle when we showed up about 15 mins before start.

Biggest tip - wherever you are sitting, after the show, travel ALONG your row all the way back to the theatre entrance before climbing up the stairs to enter the main aisleway. It was post-fireworks crowded in the main aisle and I hated being trapped so close to everyone.

DH uses a wheelchair but we like to park it and go a bit closer as he also doesn’t see so well. Next time I will park the wheelchair near the entrance and then we can walk slowly to find seats.

Ah, we arrive the 29th! Do you have a link to the forecast you're looking at? I have been trying to locate information about a cold front coming in (I saw someone mention it on facebook too!), but can't seem to find it! Just wondering what we need to pack! Lol.
Pack it all LOL!

The weather can’t seem to make up its mind some days and there are nights it gets downright chilly. That said, the 10 day forecast looks pretty good except for a few chilly evenings.

Heading to airport in 2 hours and will be at ASSports tonight. I like to put fresh sheets on my bed before I leave so I can come home to a clean bed. I think these are appropriate so I can hang onto my trip a bit longer.

Attachments

• 1C605AD3-D2AD-4416-8352-08E3C08C2129.jpeg
    1C605AD3-D2AD-4416-8352-08E3C08C2129.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 2

Ah, we arrive the 29th! Do you have a link to the forecast you're looking at? I have been trying to locate information about a cold front coming in (I saw someone mention it on facebook too!), but can't seem to find it! Just wondering what we need to pack! Lol.
I'd love to know this too if possible. My weather app just keeps pushing temperatures up that week. There were highs in the lower 70s, and now I'm seeing 80 as a high. Sure makes packing hard when things keep changing.

:car: Wishing safe travels to everyone whose vacation starts NEXT WEEK! :car:

• January 29 to February 2: MaidMarian444 (POFQ)
  • January 29 to February 3: daisy_77 (Pop)
  • January 29 to February 4: Araminta18 (BC)
  • January 29 to February 4: Eeyore52 (CBR)
  • January 29 to February 4: emily nicole (AOA)
  • January 31 to February 8: Lsdolphin (Pop, CSR)

Last edited:
Yay! Waiting for my connecting flight and I got my room alert. I booked standard but am getting a preferred room! My only request was ground floor and of course they put me on the highest floor but I will forgive them 🤣

I watch Ryan Hall y’all on YouTube, use Apple weather and the Met office app - I’m British so obsessively checking weather comes with the territory! 😂🤷🏻‍♀️ like others have said looks to be swinging around but Thursday Friday Saturday this week have lows of 6 degrees (C) and highs of 20 - so cold at night and mild during the day, starts warming back up on Sunday! not sure what that is in Freedom units sorry!

I knew this day was coming but.....seeing all the pictures of Splash Mountain's last day and the barriers now around the entrance, I am so sad. :sad: It was our favorite ride in MK and just made our whole family so happy. Seeing the briar patch, hearing the music, watching people scream coming down the flume......just built up our excitement. So glad we were able to ride several times on our last trip in 2019. One of those rides was so magical as we could see the fireworks and the castle all lit up at night. :cloud9:

We will be in MK on Friday and I am sure we will pause and view the emptiness.

Next post will be a happier topic!!

I knew this day was coming but.....seeing all the pictures of Splash Mountain's last day and the barriers now around the entrance, I am so sad. :sad: It was our favorite ride in MK and just made our whole family so happy. Seeing the briar patch, hearing the music, watching people scream coming down the flume......just built up our excitement. So glad we were able to ride several times on our last trip in 2019. One of those rides was so magical as we could see the fireworks and the castle all lit up at night. :cloud9:

We will be in MK on Friday and I am sure we will pause and view the emptiness.

Next post will be a happier topic!!
Same. I had two trips since the announced change and I savored the many rides I was able to take. I’ll be there tomorrow and the only consolation is the train is back up.

Okay here I go to Festival of the Arts!

I pieced this trip together the last 2.5 weeks so..going to be a fun adventure :)

Fly from SFO 1/26 11:55pm - Houston - Houston - MCO 1/27 @ 12:50pm

1/27 - AKL Kidani Studio - Arrival Day ( 1 night)
Dinner - Jiko ( 1st time!)

1/28 Grand Floridian Resort Studio ( 1 night) - Resort/Bar crawl/Disney Springs Day or extra park day
*Possibly extra park day TBD*

Breakfast : Steakhouse 71
Dinner : California Grill

1/29 Saratoga Springs Deluxe Studio ( 1 night)
MK day/Epcot Park hopper

930am Keys to the Kingdom tour (1st time!)
Dinner: Akershus Princess Dining (1st time!)

1/30 Animal Kingdom Kidani 1 bedroom (1 night)
Epcot/AK Park Hopper/ Epcot EEH

Dinner : Space 220

1/31 Rivieria Resort Deluxe Studio ( 1 night)
AK/ H/ Epcot Park hopper

Dinner : Monsieur Paul

2/1 - Checkout and fly from MCO - SFO @12:15PM

:car: Wishing safe travels to everyone whose vacation starts NEXT WEEK! :car:

• January 29 to February 2: MaidMarian444 (POFQ)
  • January 29 to February 3: daisy_77 (Pop)
  • January 29 to February 4: Araminta18 (BC)
  • January 29 to February 4: Eeyore52 (CBR)
  • January 31 to February 8: Lsdolphin (Pop, CSR)
See you guys there! We arrive 1/28. Snagged a great pass holder rate for standard view club level at Gran Destino Tower-first time staying at GDT-the hubs was not thrilled I changed from POFQ but I wanted to check out the Tower.
leaving WDW on 2/1.

I pieced this trip together the last 2.5 weeks so..going to be a fun adventure :)

1/27 - AKL Kidani Studio - Arrival Day ( 1 night)
Dinner - Jiko ( 1st time!)

1/28 Grand Floridian Resort Studio ( 1 night) - Resort/Bar crawl/Disney Springs Day or extra park day
*Possibly extra park day TBD*

Breakfast : Steakhouse 71
Dinner : California Grill

1/29 Saratoga Springs Deluxe Studio ( 1 night)
MK day/Epcot Park hopper

930am Keys to the Kingdom tour (1st time!)
Dinner: Akershus Princess Dining (1st time!)

1/30 Animal Kingdom Kidani 1 bedroom (1 night)
Epcot/AK Park Hopper/ Epcot EEH

Dinner : Space 220

1/31 Rivieria Resort Deluxe Studio ( 1 night)
AK/ H/ Epcot Park hopper

Dinner : Monsieur Paul

I’m exhausted just looking at your checkin and check out list… lol.

it’s a great way to experience multiple resorts though. Have fun!

I love it! You've been added to post #1 on page 1 and post #796 on page 40!

See you guys there! We arrive 1/28. Snagged a great pass holder rate for standard view club level at Gran Destino Tower-first time staying at GDT-the hubs was not thrilled I changed from POFQ but I wanted to check out the Tower.
leaving WDW on 2/1.
Yay! I've updated your resort information in post #1 on page 1 and post #796 on page 40!

Wow, I can’t believe how hot it’s going to be next week! I’m redoing all my plans to incorporate afternoon pool time. So long 4:10 dinner at Storybook!

I’ve never been there when it’s this hot. Do they still have that splash playground at MK near Pete’s Silly Sideshow? Are there any water play features at Animal Kingdom? We’re skipping Epcot and Hollywood this year, keeping it a quick and cheap-ish trip.

I’ve never been there when it’s this hot. Do they still have that splash playground at MK near Pete’s Silly Sideshow? Are there any water play features at Animal Kingdom?
For Magic Kingdom, yes, the water play area is still there:

Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station

For Animal Kingdom, I'm not aware of any splash areas, so you'll have to duck inside a restaurant or show like Lion King, Nemo, or It's Tough to Be a Bug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter