***Official June 2018***

so I posted these pics in the Disney June 2018 FB group I'm in but I finished the Magic Bands this past weekend - glow in the dark skins from Shop Emily G!!

Before, after and Glowing!!

Cool! I'm painting ours with leather paint (which I will be fully concentrating on once the graduation weekend is over and the guests leave) but now I'm thinking some glow in the dark nail polish might be a cool extra touch. You should post these pics on the thread "Have you decorated your Magic Bands?..."

@Monykalyn and @ArielSRL my fiancé once neglected to pack ANY shirts. He had only the one he wore down in the car :scared1:

fortunately it was just a long weekend and after Uniqlo opened... he's also forgotten a swimsuit (on a different trip). Needless to say I keep an extra of his magicbands in my suitcase "just in case".

My one night stay at the Poly is in less than two weeks! I feel a bit like a scammer joining the thread for just one night's trip but it's the tail end of our "mini moon" after we go to the beach after our wedding! :hyper:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Nice that you get to add a bit of Disney to your honeymoon!

Can I say it?

I'm gonna say it.

BOYS. :confused3

This sums up everyone's else's mentions of DH's packing issues, and mine is no different! No matter where we're going he packs the day before. I will say he does his own laundry and keeps up with it, so he always has everything ready. But yea, he's forgotten stuff that we've had to go shopping for. My two boys have been packing on their own since about 5th grade. That's when they moved from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, and for camping trips they are required to pack all on their own. That whole "Be prepared" motto is learned pretty quick when they forget something! DS2 is good about going over things and asking if he's forgotten anything with me so I know he'll be good. When it comes to some things though, I just make sure I pack them for everyone. Ugh, being the "events coordinator" can be a tough job, right?

WooHoo! I understand that happy-nervous comment!lol

On your countdowns, do you all count the day you leave? I know counters usually do count the actual day you leave but we don't think we should count the day we leave because, well, it's the day! :teeth:

Prayers and Pixie Dust for no rain! :worship:pixiedust:
My vacation starts the day I leave the house, and I count accordingly. To use a Lethal Weapon analogy, I go on 3. And opposed to 1, 2, 3, and then go.
:rotfl:

Oh, do you all use those compression packing cubes? Do they work? I'm still stewing about having to pay $25 per bag each way for checked bags. My BFFs bag is a carry on, but by granddaughter's friend who's going will have a checked bag as well as myself and GD. That's $150 for checked bag fees that would be best used for say, cocktails! :tongue:

I'm thinking of running to Bed, Bath & Beyond this morning to get some packing cubes. If I use those (and don't take every pair of shoes I own...) I can maybe get mine and my GD stuff in one bag. That would save a little. I just hate spending money for basically nothing. :sad2:

I got them for the first time to use this trip and bought Ebags brand. I have only packed our toiletries with the Pack-it-Flat Toiletry Kit, but I am in love with it as it is so much smaller than the old bag I used to take.

Cool! I'm painting ours with leather paint (which I will be fully concentrating on once the graduation weekend is over and the guests leave) but now I'm thinking some glow in the dark nail polish might be a cool extra touch. You should post these pics on the thread "Have you decorated your Magic Bands?..."

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Nice that you get to add a bit of Disney to your honeymoon!

This sums up everyone's else's mentions of DH's packing issues, and mine is no different! No matter where we're going he packs the day before. I will say he does his own laundry and keeps up with it, so he always has everything ready. But yea, he's forgotten stuff that we've had to go shopping for. My two boys have been packing on their own since about 5th grade. That's when they moved from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts, and for camping trips they are required to pack all on their own. That whole "Be prepared" motto is learned pretty quick when they forget something! DS2 is good about going over things and asking if he's forgotten anything with me so I know he'll be good. When it comes to some things though, I just make sure I pack them for everyone. Ugh, being the "events coordinator" can be a tough job, right?

I am going to get my kids some food and then am sitting down to start painting ours this afternoon! Haven’t worked with leather paint yet, so that’ll be a new experience and so I don’t know what I want to seal mine with yet, but last time when I painted with acrylic, we used glow in the dark nail polish, and it added a super fun touch!!! Not nearly as easy to paint with, I only used it for easy spots like polkadots, but still the kids loved it!

Ahhh next week at this time we will be at Disney! 6 days til we leave! I put our skins on the magic bands so I hope they stick well during the 2 weeks. I am a little worried, I have worked with vinyl many times, but it seems iffy, we shall see! I have still neglected to see what clothing I have for the trip, so that is on my to do list today along with buying a few more shorts for my 13 yr old. Took her shopping and she got 4, I kept telling her she needed at least 7 but she did not listen. UGH lol children! We are in the final stretch of school, tomorrow is awards day for 13 yr old, cap and gown pick up and rehearsal for senior, then Thurs is her senior awards day and graduation is on Friday! Then our anniversary is Sunday and we leave Monday, oh yeah we have a ton of family in town this weekend and lots of packing to do.

I am watching the weather like a hawk lately, I don't mind some rain, we have ponchos and will keep going but I dread the drive on Monday with this tropical storm or whatever it is down in the Gulf right now! BOOOO! I know we will have a great time regardless but geez! Oh I still need to fax in my room request to POR I need to do that today!

I just posted them! thanks for the reminder of that thread!!

Well.....we leave in 2 days!! I'm overly excited. Just spent over $200.00 on rain jackets (I did that intentionally so it probably will NOT rain). The weather channel has 90% chance of rain/thunderstorms every single day we are there. Oh well....It is what it is and we will enjoy our time regardless.

Well.....we leave in 2 days!! I'm overly excited. Just spent over $200.00 on rain jackets (I did that intentionally so it probably will NOT rain). The weather channel has 90% chance of rain/thunderstorms every single day we are there. Oh well....It is what it is and we will enjoy our time regardless.
I personally can't stand rain jackets so we take 5 or so of the 95 cents throw away once at Walmart and use it needed. Total cost $5 and I don't have to pack away afterwards.

Weather warning-first it is much much too soon to worry about weather-accuracy doesn't even begin to go up until 72 hours out and then drastically improves after 48 hours out. Also-June is 'rainy season'-meaning that when the 90% chance you see means that somewhere someone has apretty good shot at rain-usually not prolonged. and not necessarily wide spread either. The rain this past Saturday was at 20%+ for all morning with it going up to >50% at 3 ish-didn't rain til 3, and I actually got tan lines from the sun peaking out from clouds Saturday am!
ETA-the rain chances saturday a week out were over 60-70% all day and changed daily!
Can I say it?

I'm gonna say it.

BOYS. :confused3
:rotfl2: and precisely why kids have packing lists. And I now try to double check DH's stuff (I also am keeper of the MB's though).

Sunday! 5/27/18 :hyper:

And of course I saw this morning on Facebook that a tropical storm is possibly brewing in the gulf. Crossing my fingers for our wedding and for everyone leaving for WDW over Memorial Day weekend that it doesn't form :scared:

woot woot for wedding day!! Hoping the storm blows up into a big ball of nothing and you get a beautiful day!

I personally can't stand rain jackets so we take 5 or so of the 95 cents throw away once at Walmart and use it needed. Total cost $5 and I don't have to pack away afterwards.
I am the same. But my Dh said he wanted to do a rain jacket next trip....but I guess he forgot. Oops.

I love my rain jacket and I've used it a lot at Disney. I prefer it to the ponchos. It is one of those jackets that fold up really small and you can cram it in a bag and it comes out wrinkle free. :)

My one night stay at the Poly is in less than two weeks! I feel a bit like a scammer joining the thread for just one night's trip but it's the tail end of our "mini moon" after we go to the beach after our wedding! :hyper:

I'll allow it ;)

Based on your other post we'll be there that same time, so preemptive hello and congrats to you!

WooHoo! I understand that happy-nervous comment!lol

On your countdowns, do you all count the day you leave? I know counters usually do count the actual day you leave but we don't think we should count the day we leave because, well, it's the day! :teeth:

Prayers and Pixie Dust for no rain! :worship:pixiedust:
I never count the day it presently is or the day we leave. Forever the optimist

Not a huge fan of rain jackets either! I’m actually not too fussed about getting wet to be honost. I did by a cute mickey head patterned raincoat from uniqlo though so I’ll probably bring it. If I remember, lol.

I just added a night to the end of our stay! We are now the 4th-12th 5 nights at POP and 3 at the WL. It's our first stay at the WL so I am extra excited. I got a good deal with a BB offer for a standard view ($270) back in Feb. I called today to see if there was availability to add a night thinking surely there would be none this close to our arrival, but there was so YAY for one more night in Disney!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter