Official List for PC 2.0

How should we keep the official list

• Same as PC 1.0 - List and information in Post One of all future discussion threads.

• A separate thread where the post only pertain to things going on and who is going.

• List, who needs a list?

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

winotracy

<font color=orange>This is NOT an ask Tracy questi
For PC 1.0 I had the first post in each thread with important information about the cruise as we were able to add information. We also had a list of those participating.

We had a number of complaints that the threads got filled with fluff and that scared a number of people away from posting.

Other ideas are welcomed, but please understand we have limits with what we can do so they will just be taken as ideas.

I think seperate so it's a bit more managable for you and people who don't post often.

As long as we still get a 'fluff' thread and people know their questions need to go somewhere else.

We want the least amount of work for you as possible :lovestruc

I agree with Becx. But isn't that what the "First Time Cruisers Ask Your Questions Here" Thread is for?

I'm up for whatever, just tell me the game plan and I'll be on it. Or at least on the sidelines cheering..sports just aren't my forté.:cheer2::cheer2:

I agree with Becx. But isn't that what the "First Time Cruisers Ask Your Questions Here" Thread is for?

I'm up for whatever, just tell me the game plan and I'll be on it. Or at least on the sidelines cheering..sports just aren't my forté.:cheer2::cheer2:

That's something completely different than what I'm asking about. I'm talking about the first post that I had for each of the threads on PC 1.0 where we have info on pricing, pre and post night stays, documents, list of who's going, your list of unofficial events, buses, etc.

If you don't want this, that's fine too, but there have been people asking about a list.

Tracy, I liked having that list at the top of each thread. It made it easy to find when you needed something - you knew whichever thread you came across, you would have the pertinant links right away. I used it many times.

And let's face it - "fluff" is our middle name! Unless you locked the "opertinent info" thread, we'd gunk it up...

We talk, therefore, we are!

I'm sorry I did misunderstand. I feel that the list at the beginning of each thread was very useful. I'm for it.

I said seperate as Tracy said people were scared off! And I thought with trying to compile a list as you went a seperate thread would be easier :confused3

I think as long as the thread with the info on is a sticky then everyone could find it. And maybe have a link for that on the first post of each fluff thread?

Could there be a Cruise Info thread (who's going, pricing, events, etc.) and then a Cruise Chat thread?

I imagine the Info thread would be less daunting & less likely to scare away newcomers. The Info thread could have a link to the Chat thread(s).

I voted for a seperate thread.

Just one thread with all the importaint information as a sticky.
Maybe even een closed thread with just all the importaint information listed and then when there is new info open the thread just for that info additing (to do this you probably have to become a moderator, so i don't know if this is something that's easy to do). I there is a closed thread it won't be filled with just hijacks.

And then a seperate thread with questions for tracy but no chatting....
And a seperate chat thread....

As a Newbie, I like the idea of a Separate Thread with all the pertinent information listed. To avoid the Fluff, could you lock the thread so that only administrative folks have access to add or change info as needed. If it is something that needs discussion, then open a separate thread for discussion of the item, with a link from the Official Info Thread. Just my thoughts on keeping the thread clean from the Fluff to dig through.

I like having 2 different threads: one for the list of who's going, events, etc where people can ask questions and one for fluff. This way Tracy only has to check one thread instead of multiple. Whatever is easiest for you Tracy!! ;)

Probably a separate thread is better ... but the more information, the better.

As a Newbie, I like the idea of a Separate Thread with all the pertinent information listed. To avoid the Fluff, could you lock the thread so that only administrative folks have access to add or change info as needed. If it is something that needs discussion, then open a separate thread for discussion of the item, with a link from the Official Info Thread. Just my thoughts on keeping the thread clean from the Fluff to dig through.

I agree - the threads seem to grow in length so fast. I usually only get a chance to view them on weekdays and by the time Monday rolls around - it takes the better part of a day to catch up. :surfweb: :surfweb:

Call me kooky....why not do both?

Have an official event only type thread that is locked except for posts by Tracy or the crew....

AND

Have Tracy start each thread with a list????

Call me kooky....why not do both?

Have an official event only type thread that is locked except for posts by Tracy or the crew....

AND

Have Tracy start each thread with a list????

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Are you trying to be at the top of the naughty list ;)

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Are you trying to be at the top of the naughty list ;)

Actually, that's what I have been leaning towards. Put the participants in the fluff threads and have a sticky with the info thread, but I need to get access to do that.

Actually, that's what I have been leaning towards. Put the participants in the fluff threads and have a sticky with the info thread, but I need to get access to do that.

Shall we start a grass roots e-mail campaign on your behalf?

I am sure if you nicely ask :worship: the right person, you will get instant access.

...and double the fun!

Sounds like a great idea - best of both worlds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter