"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all do MK the party day or another park? I didn't know the two days I planned for MK were party days, so if we don't do the party then we have to leave at six or pay hundreds more to stay. I tried switching my park days but all restaurant reservations are taken so looks like we either have an early night or pay for the party.

My plan is to do nothing all morning and then go the park right before my late lunch and stay until midnight. But I am a solo traveler with an AP so I do what I want without thinking about family. lol

Do you all do MK the party day or another park? I didn't know the two days I planned for MK were party days, so if we don't do the party then we have to leave at six or pay hundreds more to stay. I tried switching my park days but all restaurant reservations are taken so looks like we either have an early night or pay for the party.

We have always gone early since we have have either had APs or MYW tickets for length of stay. We have also gone to another park in the day and then gone to the party that night. I know it's hard to change ADRs around the holidays and most wouldn't want to do that and don't, but MVMCP days should have been announced before making ADRs for November/December. Party days typically have low crowds in the day but you never know, but day guests can get a lot accomplished on a party day with a good plan especially if arriving at park opening. I would recommend arriving at park opening, have a good touring plan and booking FP+ for later in the day (after 11am) around ADRs.

Just changed to later flight for $90 more, considering tickets originally $89 & current cost of gas, I still consider it a great deal, plus 8 more hours at Disney. :santa:
Lucky you!!!

My airline took it upon themselves this week to change our departing flight to 8 hours earlier There goes our last day......

Lucky you!!!

My airline took it upon themselves this week to change our departing flight to 8 hours earlier There goes our last day......

Oh, no! I really like getting that last bit of Disney in no matter how many times we go! :DHopefully that doesn't happen to us.o_O SW is pretty consistent every year with flights not changing, but there are not usually many. There are only 2 to choose from on our arriving day, but there are 4 on our departing day, but that 7am was going to kill us, but like I said, I couldn't pass up $89, and the other $89 flight was for 11pm which is too late since it's another 2 hour drive for us; 2 other flights were 12:25pm and 5:15pm both $315, so when I saw $123, I did a :dancer:and changed flights. I had made lunch ADRs just in case we could get a later flight. :woohoo: Woo-hoo!

Oh, no! I really like getting that last bit of Disney in no matter how many times we go! :DHopefully that doesn't happen to us.o_O SW is pretty consistent every year with flights not changing, but there are not usually many. There are only 2 to choose from on our arriving day, but there are 4 on our departing day, but that 7am was going to kill us, but like I said, I couldn't pass up $89, and the other $89 flight was for 11pm which is too late since it's another 2 hour drive for us; 2 other flights were 12:25pm and 5:15pm both $315, so when I saw $123, I did a :dancer:and changed flights. I had made lunch ADRs just in case we could get a later flight. :woohoo: Woo-hoo!
Sadly it appears our airline has completely changed their flight route. That 8:30 pm flight is now 12:30 every day :(

I'm sad, but will get over it. While having an almost full day in Disney was nice, I was not loving the 11 pm arrival at our home airport - putting us home after midnight.

But if they mess with my arrival flight....I'm gonna go all sorts of crazy on somebody! Lol

Sadly it appears our airline has completely changed their flight route. That 8:30 pm flight is now 12:30 every day :(

I'm sad, but will get over it. While having an almost full day in Disney was nice, I was not loving the 11 pm arrival at our home airport - putting us home after midnight.

But if they mess with my arrival flight....I'm gonna go all sorts of crazy on somebody! Lol
With a change that big you might be able to change it to the next day. Idk if that's a viable option for you but if it is I'd call the airline. United moved my flight from LAX up an hour last year and I talked my way into them changing me to the next day. The agent wasn't thrilled about it and told me usually they only change for free if the change was "X" hours (I don't remember how many, but it was definitely less than 8).

I know it's hard to change ADRs around the holidays and most wouldn't want to do that and don't, but MVMCP days should have been announced before making ADRs for November/December.

I had never even heard of the Christmas party (we haven't been at WDW in seven years and only then in the summer). So I was shocked to see the MK close so early on the days I chose. Well hopefully we will get it all done by six since it really will be a budget buster for us (seven) to buy party tickets. And I've been searching ADRs to try to switch and there is zilch available.

With a change that big you might be able to change it to the next day. Idk if that's a viable option for you but if it is I'd call the airline. United moved my flight from LAX up an hour last year and I talked my way into them changing me to the next day. The agent wasn't thrilled about it and told me usually they only change for free if the change was "X" hours (I don't remember how many, but it was definitely less than 8).
Sadly, the next day is Christmas Eve, and DH specifically requested to not travel that day, so it's not a viable option for him. Lol. And there are no other evening flights for a similar price, or I would have just tried to cancel and rebook with another airline. Oh well, just happy to be going HOME for the holidays :)

I had never even heard of the Christmas party (we haven't been at WDW in seven years and only then in the summer). So I was shocked to see the MK close so early on the days I chose. Well hopefully we will get it all done by six since it really will be a budget buster for us (seven) to buy party tickets. And I've been searching ADRs to try to switch and there is zilch available.

Hi! Neither here nor there now, but I've know about MVMCP since 2012 and plan to attend 2 this year, hence why hosting thread this year. I believe party been around since 1983, a little Disney trivia. Totally understand about cost of 7 for party. Not sure what day you had planned for MK, but any day in November/December is a hard to get ADR for the holidays. As I previously stated, I would keep the ADRs & arrive @ park opening & stay until 6pm close.

I wouldn't stress myself out trying to change days, many are successful even up to the day before/week of with changing ADRs, but I do not think it is worth the stress, especially with FP+ 60D out, and by park, and if you already have ADRs for the restaurants you want.

Without many details I have only been guessing and giving general ideas that should help. The only other thing I see you missing out on with a early park closing is the fireworks. You could add on Park Hoppers which should be cheaper than 7 MVMCP tickets. With a good touring plan you can get a lot accomplished between 9am-6pm. Depending on November or December, Disney has been known to open park earlier too.

In 2014, on Christmas Day park opened at 7am, we arrived at 6:45 and were able to enter. We rode 7DMT 2X, PP, Dumbo 2X, Barnstomer 2X, Carousel, had cinnamon roll @ Gaston's Tavern, meet Minnie, Daisy, Donald & Pluto, and Cinderella & Aurora. Appointment BBB, ADR @ CRT, then 3 FP+ @ 7DMT, ETwB and Elsa & Anna. Watched parade and then left Mk. So having a plan helps. Even if you do not follow it.

Last edited:

what is it with dang airlines changing OUR flights? we paid for the perfect flight and now I had to move things and have 2 hours from landing to my lunch.

thanks we are hoping it will work out. I am also going to have the number with me in case the planes delayed or anything then I can try and cancel it. They may be able to move the meal back but I need to call to see.

Ok guys, I've got a question that maaaay have been asked here, so I apologize if it has (the thread is just so long). So we're thinking about going to the first Christmas party on November 9, but we're also thinking about upgrading to APs when we arrive on the 31st of October. Is the first party likely to sell out or should we be ok to wait to buy the tickets with the AP discount?

What is everyone doing about booking FP for party day? My FP selection day is coming up and I'm reluctant to schedule them for party day due to the fear of Disney deleting my last day's FP (AK!).

thanks we are hoping it will work out. I am also going to have the number with me in case the planes delayed or anything then I can try and cancel it. They may be able to move the meal back but I need to call to see.

Yes! Keep ADR. I've called the DINE number when delayed before & they've been great. In the 4 years we've been going had to call twice. One time bus trouble & we left more than enough time to arrive for FP+ & ADR. Ended up on 3 different buses, definitely an anamoly, then was time to change drivers. o_O Very understanding when arrived @ TH & were seated within 5 minutes (over 1 hour late) & gave us paper FP+ for our trouble, so had to be great communication b/t DINE CM & TH. Then another just curtesy call & CM advised would hold ADR for 1 hour & didn't need to call.

On last trip during Halloween we were late for Akershus, but mostly everyone was. Didn't start letting PP in until 7:40ish. We had 8am ADRs but PP with 8-8:15 were there & that's a nice walk, family got there but won't sit until entire party is there. Had to let Day guests in @ 8:30am because we looked out window @ 8:40 saying so much for PPO breakfast & FEA when line already around building.

Ok guys, I've got a question that maaaay have been asked here, so I apologize if it has (the thread is just so long). So we're thinking about going to the first Christmas party on November 9, but we're also thinking about upgrading to APs when we arrive on the 31st of October. Is the first party likely to sell out or should we be ok to wait to buy the tickets with the AP discount?

Post 3 shows which parties sold out last year & the day it sold out on. I never feel comfortable telling someone to wait for purchasing something that could sell out so look @ past history. I do understand saving money.

What is everyone doing about booking FP for party day? My FP selection day is coming up and I'm reluctant to schedule them for party day due to the fear of Disney deleting my last day's FP (AK!).

If following MNSSHP thread, that was resolved. PP were able to book FP+ with just MNSSHP tickets. Also, PP with MYW Tickets & MNSSHP Tickets (I.e. 5D + 1) made FP+ for 5 days then for 1 day, even if MNSSHP was Day 3. FP+ on MNSSHP were made between 4-6:60pm, 2.

Several posted making 3, 3:30-4:30, not sure how worked out. As of now, no reports of losing FP+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter