"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our dates are Dec 17-24. Looking at doing the party on the 17th as our flight arrives early in the day. My question is how close to this date can I wait to get the tickets? I would like to check the weather plus would prefer to pay our trip off first and get the party tickets closer to arrival but want to be fairly confident that it wont sell out that early. Would prefer to buy them about a week out ideally but wondering if thats to risky?

Our dates are Dec 17-24. Looking at doing the party on the 17th as our flight arrives early in the day. My question is how close to this date can I wait to get the tickets? I would like to check the weather plus would prefer to pay our trip off first and get the party tickets closer to arrival but want to be fairly confident that it wont sell out that early. Would prefer to buy them about a week out ideally but wondering if thats to risky?
I'd be nervous doing a party on arrival day, especially in the winter when weather delays could affect flights across the country. That being said, once the last few parties sell out, I wouldn't wait any longer to purchase your tickets.

I'd be nervous doing a party on arrival day, especially in the winter when weather delays could affect flights across the country. That being said, once the last few parties sell out, I wouldn't wait any longer to purchase your tickets.

THIS! AND.....from Page 1 to give you an idea. However, trends could be different this year & possibly sold out if wait too long. 1 more party this year during the last week.
2016 MVMCP Dates
November: 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27 & 29
December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 & 22

Sold Out Dates: November 18 (11/16); December 16 (12/15), 18 (11/30), 22 (11/29)

I have read different reviews about weekend parties vs weekday parties. They are all mixed.:rolleyes1 What has been your observation on which is lower crowds?

Thanks for your help!

This is our first time attending the Very Merry Christmas Party. When are the tickets mailed out?

This is our first time attending the Very Merry Christmas Party. When are the tickets mailed out?

You would have had to select the option for mail, then generally mailed within 7-10D. I received my in under 2 weeks last year. HAven't ordered for this year.

You would have had to select the option for mail, then generally mailed within 7-10D. I received my in under 2 weeks last year. HAven't ordered for this year.
I ordered our tickets over the phone with a cast member. He gave me a confirmation number and told me I could link it on our MDE page - which I did. I didn't even realize there was a paper ticket for the party at that time. When I ordered the party tickets, we had already booked our Package and we're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. However, we changed our resort to the Swan last week and consequently, won't have magic bands for this trip. When I called to make the change, and asked about the Christmas party tickets we had already paid for, the cast member said we would get tickets in the mail. Perhaps I should call Disney again and double check.

I ordered our tickets over the phone with a cast member. He gave me a confirmation number and told me I could link it on our MDE page - which I did. I didn't even realize there was a paper ticket for the party at that time. When I ordered the party tickets, we had already booked our Package and we're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. However, we changed our resort to the Swan last week and consequently, won't have magic bands for this trip. When I called to make the change, and asked about the Christmas party tickets we had already paid for, the cast member said we would get tickets in the mail. Perhaps I should call Disney again and double check.

Yes, I would call. Others (a few) that ordered by phone stated that CMs asked type of delivery (I.e. print at home, mail, express mail).

Yes, I would call. Others (a few) that ordered by phone stated that CMs asked type of delivery (I.e. print at home, mail, express mail).
Thanks! I'm going to call tomorrow-I remember thinking at the time that there must not be a printed ticket - and it would just be stored on the magic band. I have the confirmation number and the tickets are linked to my MDE page; so I'm hopeful they'll be able to mail out my tickets. We're going to the last party, 12/22, so we have plenty of time.

How crowded is the first party of the year? We can only go Nov 9th or 10th. Leaning towards the 9th since it's not a weekend but I wasn't sure if the first party would possibly draw more attention.

Thanks! I'm going to call tomorrow-I remember thinking at the time that there must not be a printed ticket - and it would just be stored on the magic band. I have the confirmation number and the tickets are linked to my MDE page; so I'm hopeful they'll be able to mail out my tickets. We're going to the last party, 12/22, so we have plenty of time.

You're welcome! Regardless of delivery type, if have confirmation number & showing in MDE, you are fine. Since this automatically links to MB. Only matters if you wanted green plastic RDID card as souvenir. I haven't seen recent reports like 2 years ago when 1st switched to MB, having tickets issue resolved quickly vs going to Guest Services. Again, don't worry, haven't seen issue in awhile. If want to screenshot info & keep in photo favorites.

I was mailed my tickets but they also appear on my MDE. Does this mean I can leave the regular tickets at home?

I was mailed my tickets but they also appear on my MDE. Does this mean I can leave the regular tickets at home?

Yes, some PP bring just in case. As mentioned earlier that's not really an issue now. I went to party last year with just MB, tickets were left @ home on purpose.

How crowded is the first party of the year? We can only go Nov 9th or 10th. Leaning towards the 9th since it's not a weekend but I wasn't sure if the first party would possibly draw more attention.
Those were my options as well. I choose the 10th because it works better for our plans, but I'm thinking they will be relatively similar in terms of crowds. The first party is usually busy due to bloggers, etc. But the Friday party will likely be busy too since, well, it's a Friday and also Veteran's Day. For what it's worth, Touring Plans ranks those 2 parties as #15 and 16 busiest of the year (out of 21).
http://blog.touringplans.com/2017/06/21/finding-least-crowded-mickeys-merry-christmas-party-2017/

Excited to see a few others going to the party on November 28. It will be our first party!! If anyone has tips for doing MVMCP with a toddler, I'm all ears! :earsgirl:

Our first party too. Although my son will be 11, my sister is bringing her almost 2 year old so I would love to hear any tips on taking little guys to the party. We are attending the same night as you!

Our first party too. Although my son will be 11, my sister is bringing her almost 2 year old so I would love to hear any tips on taking little guys to the party. We are attending the same night as you!

Awesome! My daughter will be 6, and my son will be 2.5. My current game plan is to get to MK by 4 p.m., ride rides with FP+/eat dinner around 5, and watch Mickey's Merriest Celebration at 7:40, Frozen Holiday Wish at 8:15, and the 8:30 parade - which is already way past bedtime! Of course, since these times are based on last year's schedule and the MNSSHP schedule looks later this year, I think there's a chance we can't do all of this...

I would love to see others' rough schedules for MVMCP with little ones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter