"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they are free! There will be different stations throughout the park. Last year was nice because each station had something different. There was a variety of cookies and beverages included hot chocolate, hot cider, egg nog, and snow cones!

I hope they have egg nog this year.

I haven't checked to see if this is already known here, but I just saw that they are now allowing reservations for the MVMCP fireworks dessert party with Plaza Garden view (not Tomorrowland Terrace view). I booked it for 12/19.
Thank you for posting this! I had looked into the dessert party but really wanted plaza garden viewing. This will probably be our only time to see Holiday Wishes and I wanted that guaranteed great spot. Yay! Thanks again :)

Ok dumb question ... Do you get complimentary cookies and hot chocolate or do you pay for them as normal and do they take snack credits for them. Just trying to budget
Ive never been to a party but from what i understand there are stations with free cookies and then there are specialty treats for purchase at certain quick service locations. If you look at last year's bulletin it lists all the treats that were offered so that'll give you a good idea.

I know touring plans you can set an ADR finder. Is there a place that will do dessert party finder?

Looks like Moana will be at MNSSHP this year, I would imagine there's a strong chance she'll be at the Xmas Party too?!? Will be interesting to see. If Maui was there like Asia Disney, it would turn into a must see for my kids I'm sure

I haven't checked to see if this is already known here, but I just saw that they are now allowing reservations for the MVMCP fireworks dessert party with Plaza Garden view (not Tomorrowland Terrace view). I booked it for 12/19.

Will this include a parade viewing spot?

Just found this thread :) Still trying to decide between Friday 12/1 and Sunday 12/3. Anyone have experience with Friday and Sunday nights? Crowds, waits, etc? Would love some help deciding °o°

Just found this thread :) Still trying to decide between Friday 12/1 and Sunday 12/3. Anyone have experience with Friday and Sunday nights? Crowds, waits, etc? Would love some help deciding °o°
Friday nights tend to be the busiest (because no school or work the next day for locals).

Ok dumb question ... Do you get complimentary cookies and hot chocolate or do you pay for them as normal and do they take snack credits for them. Just trying to budget

The hot chocolate and cookies at the treat stations are free. They also have some allergy friendly options [eg in previous years, Enjoy Life cookies], also free.

SW

i'm so happy that tomorrow is the 1st MNSSHP and that Christmas merchandise was revealed in July. So that I may now start to see MVMCP details appear. :santa:

Thank you so much @monique5 for this thread, I have been following every day!

We are going 2nd week of Nov, will attend either the 14th or the 16th.

It will be DH, 6 yo DD, and myself. It will be our 5th trip to WDW but our first party ever!

:dogdance:

Can you suggest a loose game plan for first timers? I've read a lot but I'm a bit overwhelmed.

1. I know the first parade is way more crowded but not sure how DD will do hanging for the 2nd one, so the first is probably a priority
2. We will want to see the "special" shows
3. Maybe a couple special characters? Would love to meet the dwarves but that might be too much of a time kill. Would love to see the princes with their princesses. And Santa.
4. Would love to do jingle cruise and some other rides.
5. Maybe some treats?
6. Buy some special merchandise

I am not sure how to approach the night - it doesn't seem like enough time lol! We won't want to be overly scripted, but I don't want to just be spinning our wheels all night because we have no game plan.

Any advice on how to sketch this out?

Thanks!!!! :santa:

Thank you so much @monique5 for this thread, I have been following every day!

We are going 2nd week of Nov, will attend either the 14th or the 16th.

It will be DH, 6 yo DD, and myself. It will be our 5th trip to WDW but our first party ever!

:dogdance:

Can you suggest a loose game plan for first timers? I've read a lot but I'm a bit overwhelmed.

1. I know the first parade is way more crowded but not sure how DD will do hanging for the 2nd one, so the first is probably a priority
2. We will want to see the "special" shows
3. Maybe a couple special characters? Would love to meet the dwarves but that might be too much of a time kill. Would love to see the princes with their princesses. And Santa.
4. Would love to do jingle cruise and some other rides.
5. Maybe some treats?
6. Buy some special merchandise

I am not sure how to approach the night - it doesn't seem like enough time lol! We won't want to be overly scripted, but I don't want to just be spinning our wheels all night because we have no game plan.

Any advice on how to sketch this out?

Thanks!!!! :santa:

I am thinking this year will be different, okay it will be. The park is closing @ 6pm to day guests and another change to TS ADRs this year. MNSSHP parade times this year, so not sure if times will change for MVMCP. I'll have to wait on MNSSHP reports to see if/any impacts on parade viewing and fireworks viewing due to 1st parade time change.

With that being said, I have accomplished a lot with just 1 MVMCP.

Did FP+ for characters @ PFH that wouldn't change once party started. Then lined up for 7D ~5:45pm (2nd group in line), DH waited in line while DD & I rode a few rides & met Ariel in her Grotto. Got some treats after exiting 7D line. Then we stood in line for princesses with their princes. Then went to NF and did some PhotoPass shots along the way. Waited in line for Scrooge McDuck, and DH & DD rode a few rides while I waited. Then we meet Minnie in her peppermint dress. While we were back there was a short wait, ~10minutes, so met Daisy, Donald & Pluto. Rode Barnstormer as family then photo with Santa Goofy when we exited the ride. Did Dessert party for fireworks and watched 2nd parade. Then went to meet Sandy Claus (after 11pm and 10 minute wait, only let like 4-6 more people in line). We did see the Frozen Holiday Wish so that would have had to been after princesses/princes but before M&G in New Fantasyland. Did Magicshots @ Town Square before leaving party. This was 2 years ago with no parade viewing for dessert party. Wished we could have done 2 parties, but schedule didn't permit. Hope this helps.

I'll follow KtP this year, he was new to me back then. I followed him on FB last year, and I do subscribe to his CL. That's how I planned last year for MNSSHP, and saw him in line with us for Cruella de Vil. We meet everyone except Adventureland characters, and Pooh and friends last year doing 2 parties. And that was by choice, not time. DD was older, so she was all about the rides. I was unable to ride as much last year, but I only held line for Jack & Sally, and then Minnie & Daisy. We waited together for everything else. Even that long line for Gaston and Belle, but it was so worth it. Any who, I lost count after 3x 7DMT, 11x Barnstormer, Tea Cups, 3c Speedway, 2 x Dumbo and our 3 FP+ prior to 7pm.

I will post tentative itinerary once i have one if you would like me to. :santa:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter