"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice catch. That is SO confusing because the webpage literally says what I quoted- but what counts is where you are at the actual payment! Wonder if a price hike is in the works but IT didn't get the memo...

That happened last year with the dessert parties, one price posted online but actual price was different like 5 hours later. Paid 1 price and when called back to add friend, price was more. o_O

I am thinking this year will be different, okay it will be. The park is closing @ 6pm to day guests and another change to TS ADRs this year. MNSSHP parade times this year, so not sure if times will change for MVMCP. I'll have to wait on MNSSHP reports to see if/any impacts on parade viewing and fireworks viewing due to 1st parade time change.

With that being said, I have accomplished a lot with just 1 MVMCP.

Did FP+ for characters @ PFH that wouldn't change once party started. Then lined up for 7D ~5:45pm (2nd group in line), DH waited in line while DD & I rode a few rides & met Ariel in her Grotto. Got some treats after exiting 7D line. Then we stood in line for princesses with their princes. Then went to NF and did some PhotoPass shots along the way. Waited in line for Scrooge McDuck, and DH & DD rode a few rides while I waited. Then we meet Minnie in her peppermint dress. While we were back there was a short wait, ~10minutes, so met Daisy, Donald & Pluto. Rode Barnstormer as family then photo with Santa Goofy when we exited the ride. Did Dessert party for fireworks and watched 2nd parade. Then went to meet Sandy Claus (after 11pm and 10 minute wait, only let like 4-6 more people in line). We did see the Frozen Holiday Wish so that would have had to been after princesses/princes but before M&G in New Fantasyland. Did Magicshots @ Town Square before leaving party. This was 2 years ago with no parade viewing for dessert party. Wished we could have done 2 parties, but schedule didn't permit. Hope this helps.

I'll follow KtP this year, he was new to me back then. I followed him on FB last year, and I do subscribe to his CL. That's how I planned last year for MNSSHP, and saw him in line with us for Cruella de Vil. We meet everyone except Adventureland characters, and Pooh and friends last year doing 2 parties. And that was by choice, not time. DD was older, so she was all about the rides. I was unable to ride as much last year, but I only held line for Jack & Sally, and then Minnie & Daisy. We waited together for everything else. Even that long line for Gaston and Belle, but it was so worth it. Any who, I lost count after 3x 7DMT, 11x Barnstormer, Tea Cups, 3c Speedway, 2 x Dumbo and our 3 FP+ prior to 7pm.

I will post tentative itinerary once i have one if you would like me to. :santa:
Awesome info, thank you so much!!

Yes please post your tentative itinerary once you have it sketched out- that would be amazing!

:love::worship:

So I sought advice earlier about attending a party for a limited time and, ultimately, decided not to.

Well, I wanted this enough that I decided to book a night at bay lake tower so we can stay longer and walk "home" later, instead to getting out to the ttc and then getting a cab to Universal (that was what was holding me back about staying later- just traveling pains with the kids). I was lucky that a studio opened up and I rented points from a DVC owner.

On with the magic! Can't wait for some of these possible touring plans!

Does anyone know if touringplans.com has mvmcp plans that can be customized? I'll check later and will post back.

So I sought advice earlier about attending a party for a limited time and, ultimately, decided not to.

Well, I wanted this enough that I decided to book a night at bay lake tower so we can stay longer and walk "home" later, instead to getting out to the ttc and then getting a cab to Universal (that was what was holding me back about staying later- just traveling pains with the kids). I was lucky that a studio opened up and I rented points from a DVC owner.

Does anyone know if touringplans.com has mvmcp plans that can be customized? I'll check later and will post back.

Exciting! I subscribe to TP, but haven't ever checked on party plans but have looked at regular park day plans. @kennythepirate is my go to for most things, but I only use his Character Locator for characters M&Gs and for party plans. Follow him on FB too. I have been very successful with KtP MNSSHP & MVMCP party plans.

It's wonderful walking to/from MK from BLT. :santa:

They do have plans to customize. I've already done mine, but I have no idea if it'll work, it's our first MVMCP, on Dec 17!

So there will definitely be no parade viewing included in the dessert party?
I'm not sure anyone knows yet. I've seen reports of people contacting Disney with the question. Some people are told that parade viewing is included, some are told that it's not. I'm HOPING it still is; otherwise I will likely cancel our dessert party. The first Halloween party is tonight, so maybe we'll start seeing some intel as to whether or not its included in that dessert party?

So there will definitely be no parade viewing included in the dessert party?

Who knows, after receiving confirmation from several Disney CMs that said yes, responses later became no. Then PP posted email confirmation/reminder that stated parade viewing, then I called and was told yet again it was. Sooooo.

Hopefully PP will report back from MNSSHP, but MVMCP could be different. And in all reports/responses made, MNSSHP never included parade viewing this year but MVMCP did. o_O

Who knows, after receiving confirmation from several Disney CMs that said yes, responses later became no. Then PP posted email confirmation/reminder that stated parade viewing, then I called and was told yet again it was. Sooooo.

Hopefully PP will report back from MNSSHP, but MVMCP could be different. And in all reports/responses made, MNSSHP never included parade viewing this year but MVMCP did. o_O
Yep! This! I was told MNSSHP would not have parade viewing but MVMCP would. Gah!!!!

Hi all! Just planned a Disney-version-of-last-minute trip for a mother/daughter MVMCP long weekend! I managed to snag the dessert party for the Dec 1 MVMCP (and a Dec 2 Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party!). I did MVMCP once many years ago, so need to get up to speed. I've read the first post, but haven't gotten through this whole thread yet!

A few questions, and I apologize for the repetition (please direct me to other posts if that's easier!!)...
  • When should we expect character M&G details?
  • When might a map be released? Just in time for the 1st party?
  • Is there a link to a map from last year?
Other X-Mas stuff...
  • Not MVMCP, but I suspect folks here would know... what types of holiday food booths are around World Showcase in Epcot? Enough to piece together a meal like the other food festivals, or more like sweet desserts/snacks?
:thanks: in advance!!

Do they allow strollers up front during the parade, all the videos I've seen I can't see any strollers.

For those that have been to a 5pm Candlelight Processional performance, is there still a lot of daylight at that time? I'm deciding between Teppan Edo and the 5pm show or Coral Reef and the 6:45pm show. Presumably, if it's darker outside, the candlelight will look nicer. Thoughts?

Hi all! Just planned a Disney-version-of-last-minute trip for a mother/daughter MVMCP long weekend! I managed to snag the dessert party for the Dec 1 MVMCP (and a Dec 2 Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party!). I did MVMCP once many years ago, so need to get up to speed. I've read the first post, but haven't gotten through this whole thread yet!

A few questions, and I apologize for the repetition (please direct me to other posts if that's easier!!)...
  • When should we expect character M&G details?
  • When might a map be released? Just in time for the 1st party?
  • Is there a link to a map from last year?
Other X-Mas stuff...
  • Not MVMCP, but I suspect folks here would know... what types of holiday food booths are around World Showcase in Epcot? Enough to piece together a meal like the other food festivals, or more like sweet desserts/snacks?
:thanks: in advance!!

Page 1 of this thread has details on last years characters as well as a link to the 2016 thread where you can find last years map.

The map usually comes out right before the first party, like a day or so before.

Page 1 of this thread has details on last years characters as well as a link to the 2016 thread where you can find last years map.

The map usually comes out right before the first party, like a day or so before.
Thanks! Found the map in last year's thread. I also saw the list of characters before, but was really wondering when the list for this year would be out? Is it only when we get the map a day before, or are those announced earlier?

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been asked already, couldn't find this anywhere;

I have booked tickets for MVMCP, they show up in the ticket section of My Disney Expierence in my account, but the party is not visible in My Plans, as dining reservations are. Is there a way to add this to my plans? The party tickets are linked to my account correctly.

We are going to the first party of the year with 15 people! Yikes! There are really 11 of us in the group with four tag alongs. Total there are 6 kids (ages 5-8) and 9 adults. I'm pretty sure most of the adults don't care what we do.

I wish we were going to a later party to get more info but we didn't have a choice. Anyone go to a MVMCP with a big group? Best strategy? Thanks!

Do they allow strollers up front during the parade, all the videos I've seen I can't see any strollers.

I have not seen here, but at DL strollers are normally allowed if you get there early enough to have a front spot. If not, no one sitting there will allow a stroller in front of them. Also if the kids are old enough it is smart to fold the stroller down and set them on the curb (if you are up front) that way everyone can see.

Thanks! Found the map in last year's thread. I also saw the list of characters before, but was really wondering when the list for this year would be out? Is it only when we get the map a day before, or are those announced earlier?

Some info will probably trickle out the day before the first party but no official stuff until after the first party. Luckily your party isn't until December so there will be plenty of time for you to make a plan once the list is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter