***Official November 2016 Thread***

I have a shopping question I would love to have some input on. I will be at the parks in a little over two weeks and I love shopping while I'm there. I plan to buy a glass ornament but I just saw that the Disney store online has 25% off holiday merchandise right now. Do I buy the ornament now and save money? It would save me $6. I also wouldn't need to worry about carrying it around or having it break while transporting it, by airplane. But then I feel like I kind of miss out on the fun of shopping at Disney. I will still go in the stores and look but then I won't have bought our ornament AT Disney World. I know it's kind of a silly question but I appreciate any input.Thanks!

I don't really have a suggestion, but I totally understand what you mean! I ordered a Disney ornament this year (to bump up my total for free shipping!), but it's not the same as having bought it at Disney! I'll probably end up buying another one there anyway ;)

I have a shopping question I would love to have some input on. I will be at the parks in a little over two weeks and I love shopping while I'm there. I plan to buy a glass ornament but I just saw that the Disney store online has 25% off holiday merchandise right now. Do I buy the ornament now and save money? It would save me $6. I also wouldn't need to worry about carrying it around or having it break while transporting it, by airplane. But then I feel like I kind of miss out on the fun of shopping at Disney. I will still go in the stores and look but then I won't have bought our ornament AT Disney World. I know it's kind of a silly question but I appreciate any input.Thanks!

by the time you pay shipping - unless you buy enough to qualify for the free shipping - it might not be much of a savings so don't forget that.

by the time you pay shipping - unless you buy enough to qualify for the free shipping - it might not be much of a savings so don't forget that.

I do have enough items to get free shipping. So that does make it kind of difficult.

I don't really have a suggestion, but I totally understand what you mean! I ordered a Disney ornament this year (to bump up my total for free shipping!), but it's not the same as having bought it at Disney! I'll probably end up buying another one there anyway ;)

Yeah it's a tough decision. Part of me wants the experience of actually buying it at Disney. There's something special about that. Maybe I will buy two as well! Thanks!

I had the same kind of dilemma last year only with a Vera Bradley handbag. I knew I wanted to get one as my souvenir, but right before we left the print that I thought I really wanted went on sale online. I almost bought it, but decided it would mean more if I bought it there. I was glad I waited because even though I paid full price, I found a print that I liked better. I do like being able to see things in person so I've never been much of an online shopper. It's tempting though when you know you can save money. :)

I do have enough items to get free shipping. So that does make it kind of difficult.

Yeah it's a tough decision. Part of me wants the experience of actually buying it at Disney. There's something special about that. Maybe I will buy two as well! Thanks!

I may be wrong, but I just scanned the disney store online and my bet is that they have other ornaments in the parks. We always buy the big balls with mickey ears. I didn't see any of them on the website. We also usually customize with text, etc...

I also wouldn't need to worry about carrying it around or having it break while transporting it, by airplane.

I forgot to mention that when I bought an ornament in the park, the gentlemen wrapped it VERY carefully! I was worried about breakage, but all of our ornaments (everyone in my group bought one) made it home in one piece!

I may be wrong, but I just scanned the disney store online and my bet is that they have other ornaments in the parks. We always buy the big balls with mickey ears. I didn't see any of them on the website. We also usually customize with text, etc...

Thank you! That's good to know! I would have been so bummed if they had something better at the parks and I had already bought one online. I didn't buy anything online and I look forward to shopping at the parks!

I forgot to mention that when I bought an ornament in the park, the gentlemen wrapped it VERY carefully! I was worried about breakage, but all of our ornaments (everyone in my group bought one) made it home in one piece!

Oh good! That's great to hear! I decided to wait and shop at the parks! Thanks for your advice! 16 days and counting!

Early voting started today here in NC.

Lines are huge! Currently waiting an hour and have an hour to go!

I am pretending I am on line for POTC to make it bearable.

Wish there was a FP for this line!!!

18 days!!!!

Wow - that's crazy! I think early voting has already started in VA, but we leave the day after election day, so we'll be voting in person. I did vote early in the last election because I was going to be traveling for work, but it was deserted then! Sorry for the long lines!

My days were incorrect!!!

O>>>M>>>G

15 days!

200w.gif

Had to take DD to the dr today. She had been stuffy for the past couple days, but she usually gets that way when it is rainy (which it has been for the past several days) and it never really turns into anything. Well today school called and said she had a fever and her throat looked red. So I picked her up from school and took her to the dr. Her initial strep test came back negative, but they are going to send it to a lab and I will her for sure on Saturday. They also asked if she has been around anyone with mono. I told her I didn't know. Her glands are swollen and she is super tired. A week before vacation. Fun. So lots of fluids and rest. Really, timing? :(

My DS had a raging ear infection the morning we left....we went anyway....antibiotics do not work for 90% of infections anyway.

Took the first days slow.....he was better by day 3.

Worst part for him was he couldn't taste anything.

Had to take DD to the dr today. She had been stuffy for the past couple days, but she usually gets that way when it is rainy (which it has been for the past several days) and it never really turns into anything. Well today school called and said she had a fever and her throat looked red. So I picked her up from school and took her to the dr. Her initial strep test came back negative, but they are going to send it to a lab and I will her for sure on Saturday. They also asked if she has been around anyone with mono. I told her I didn't know. Her glands are swollen and she is super tired. A week before vacation. Fun. So lots of fluids and rest. Really, timing? :(

My daughter got horribly sick a couple days before we were supposed to leave for our trip last year - and the day before her birthday party! :( I took her to the doctor the day before we left to make sure her ears were okay, but she still wasn't 100%. I feel for you!

You've still got a week though - I bet she'll be good to go before then! :)

17 days until we are at Disney and 15 days until we start the drive to Disney!:car: 1 of our 3 kids usually get sick the week before Disney (all those Kindergarten germs, LOL)! I am now that crazy mom following my kids around with vitamin C and making them constantly wash their hands!:teeth: I make sure I pack a thermometer and both children's advil and tylenol and just hope for the best!

I hope your little one feels better soon sending some pixiedust: for a speedy recovery

However, though I am super psyched to stay at BLT being walking distance from MK and monorail from Epcot, I am super bummed that half the nights are the christmas party @ MK (closing at 7pm Tues, Friday) and the cast party? is Thursday @MK closing at 4:30). I had visions of strolling over for one last ride and a treat before bed, but I have a feeling those open nights will now be pretty busy and we won't be watching fireworks from the hotel. still so much fun, but bummed.

Randomly jumping in, because I'm behind on the thread, but one of the perks of staying at BLT is being able to hear/see the fireworks. We stayed at CR in May and watched Wishes from our room almost nightly. We even had time to walk back to the room after the Electrical Parade and watch the fireworks from the room. So, on party nights, you can relax and watch the Christmas show from the room...silver lining me thinks!

8 days!!!!

I am second guessing all of my ADRs, of course, but at this point it is too late to change a lot of them.

hulagirl87, I hope your daughter feels better soon! I am paranoid that someone in my family will get sick next week.

Here are changes made recently that may affect a lot of us with November visits; check your dates for showtimes!

1) Celebrate the Magic projection show at MK is no longer as of November 4; it is replaced with Once Upon a Time, but this will be AFTER Wishes instead of before
2) Frozen Holiday Wish begins November 4
3) PizzeRizzo in Hollywood Studios opens November 18

Here are changes made recently that may affect a lot of us with November visits; check your dates for showtimes!

1) Celebrate the Magic projection show at MK is no longer as of November 4; it is replaced with Once Upon a Time, but this will be AFTER Wishes instead of before

This is interesting about Frozen Holiday wish. I looked on one website and it said that it would be at 6:15 and 7:30. If it starts November 4th, I would think that 6:15 wouldn't be dark enough yet (?) as it is before the time change. But I hope it's true because we are there on the 4th and would love to see it. edit... I found another site that says it's at 7:00

And I also just read that the parade taping will be starting the 9th now, but there will be no actual parade. They will be taping stage performances and musical acts in the 4 parks. And the parade portion will be taped at Disneyland

Last edited:

I'm excited to try PizzaRizzo especially since our family doesn't have any go to restaurants at DHS. Fingers crossed that the pizza will be improved. It will be fun to see the new theming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter