***Official November 2016 Thread***

3 weeks from today and I will be arriving in Orlando and getting on board the ME at this time!!! So exited!!! :yay:
We arrive 3 weeks from today too, but since our flight leaves at 6:30 a.m. :faint: we'll be arriving at MCO at 9:15 and by the time you're boarding ME, we'll hopefully be in full swing at MK!

We arrive 3 weeks from today too, but since our flight leaves at 6:30 a.m. :faint: we'll be arriving at MCO at 9:15 and by the time you're boarding ME, we'll hopefully be in full swing at MK!

I'm so jealous!!! My flight leaves at 5:30 AM, lol! I pretty much lose a day since I'm coming from the Northwest! That's ok, I'm excited to at least get in by 4:00 this time and have a chance for dinner at the resort. :thumbsup2

So much fun that you will be able to go to MK on your arrival day!!!

3 weeks and 10 hours we'll be flying out of Philly :woohoo:
Our flight leaves at 5:45 am and we arrive at 8:15 am :jumping1:

We'll be heading to Epcot after check in to ride Soarin, TT and MS. After lunch we head back to the resort to unpack then we're off to MK and dinner at BOG :D

Last edited:
Ok, so here's where we are at... DD was worse during the night so I took her in to urgent care this morning. She has mono. I've never had something so serious happen before a vacation. Colds, yes, but nothing that might require rescheduling a trip. I called Disney and asked if we needed to, could we reschedule and they said yes. I don't know what to do. I know that she won't be all better in the next few days before we leave, but do we go anyways and just go at her pace? I just don't like the thought that there might be rides she can't do or that she might just need to sleep in the room for a day, or that DS might get sick too. So here is the question. Would you go? or would you reschedule and start your planning all over? I have everything planned so perfectly for this trip, and the thought of starting over and if it's less than 180 days from now not being able to get some dining reservations... DD's health comes first. Just wondering what you all think, and if any of you have rescheduled a trip if it was easy or am I in for a challenge. Thanks :)

Ok, so here's where we are at... DD was worse during the night so I took her in to urgent care this morning. She has mono. I've never had something so serious happen before a vacation. Colds, yes, but nothing that might require rescheduling a trip. I called Disney and asked if we needed to, could we reschedule and they said yes. I don't know what to do. I know that she won't be all better in the next few days before we leave, but do we go anyways and just go at her pace? I just don't like the thought that there might be rides she can't do or that she might just need to sleep in the room for a day, or that DS might get sick too. So here is the question. Would you go? or would you reschedule and start your planning all over? I have everything planned so perfectly for this trip, and the thought of starting over and if it's less than 180 days from now not being able to get some dining reservations... DD's health comes first. Just wondering what you all think, and if any of you have rescheduled a trip if it was easy or am I in for a challenge. Thanks :)
Soooo sorry! I am a grandma of 6- 14 of us leaving on the 12th- we have insurance because you never know! Did the doctor tell you that mono is contagious? Isn't it possible one of you could be coming down with it too? I am so sorry for you! I know how hard it has been to plan this year! What does your husband say? Good luck with what ever you decide and I pray your daughter recovers quickly!!

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this - it is always so hard when something threatens a lovingly crafted vacation :( I've personally never rescheduled a trip, so I can't help you there. And as far as what to do, I think I would absolutely defer to her doctor. What does he/she say? From what you've said so far, I would probably reschedule. Even with a lighter schedule, it may prolong her symptoms. If your doctor thinks that she would be well enough by the time you leave, then I may wait and see, depending on how lenient Disney is about rescheduling. :(

First, I am *so* sorry your DD has mono. That really stinks! :grouphug:

I had mono as a freshman in college and it was no fun. Of course, I don't know your personal situation, but if it were me, I would reschedule. I know you probably don't want to hear that - and probably your daughter doesn't either. But mono is exhausting - you have NO energy - and it can linger. And it has the potential to be very serious. As you said, you don't want to spend a lot of money only to spend most of your time in the hotel room. And it wouldn't be fun for her.

I truly hate that this has happened, and I wish your DD a speedy recovery.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm pretty positive that we will be rescheduling and going the beginning of May. It will actually be DH's and my 10 year anniversary and we got married at the Yacht Club so it will be nice to go back to see the gazebo and show the kids :goodvibes Now off to countdown to 180 days for ADR's and 60 days for fastpass! Whew! I'm starting all over again! so weird.... But I want what's best for the family, and while we are all bummed (DD cried tonight when I told her we would have to wait for our trip), I know that it would just be too much and too tiring to go now. I hope all you November goers have a ton of fun! I will miss chatting on this thread!

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm pretty positive that we will be rescheduling and going the beginning of May. It will actually be DH's and my 10 year anniversary and we got married at the Yacht Club so it will be nice to go back to see the gazebo and show the kids :goodvibes Now off to countdown to 180 days for ADR's and 60 days for fastpass! Whew! I'm starting all over again! so weird.... But I want what's best for the family, and while we are all bummed (DD cried tonight when I told her we would have to wait for our trip), I know that it would just be too much and too tiring to go now. I hope all you November goers have a ton of fun! I will miss chatting on this thread!

Thinking of you! What a tough call.

So very sorry your DD is so ill and that you're rescheduling, but I would do the same thing :hug: Mono is a tough SOB and as a pp said, totally exhausting. My younger cousin was out of high school 5 weeks when she had it :( We went early May one year and it was wonderful; really nice weather plus you get Flower & Garden festival which is lovely! Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your DD :flower1: I hope you can enjoy replanning and that when you do go, you guys have a magical time!

Oh, I'm so very sorry that you have to delay. I am glad that you will be able to reschedule. It sounds like you have a great plan and will be going at a really good time.

They say that the true stress relieving benefits of a vacation are the anticipation and planning of the trip so maybe you will be able to get double the benefits now. I don't know if that completely counts for a Disney trip since scheduling ADRs and FPs can create some anxiety of their own, but I still love Disney Planning. I hope you can transfer some of your perfect plans over to your May trip.

We will miss you in November planning, but I'm sure we'll bump into you sometime on another thread! Best wishes for a magical May trip! :flower3:

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm pretty positive that we will be rescheduling and going the beginning of May.

I'm really sorry you had to reschedule and I hope your daughter recovers quickly.

5 days! I am so NOT prepared. It has been super hectic between Halloween and my husband coming back from a business trip to China. I am mostly packed for myself, but my kids aren't packed at all. I will do a last minute laundry for the both of them on Wednesday night and put the clothes directly into their suitcases. I still have to buy universal tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter