*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Possibly CP. My kids are no longer really into the characters and my niece will be too young to stay up late (barely makes 8 pm now). We're also not that into parades...so I'm leaning against MVMCP, especially with the cost. But I'm really interested in CP. probably just for the 4 of us, again my niece is probably too young. I need to show some videos to the fam and get them on board! Do you recommend CP?

We absolutely love it! Not sure if it makes a difference or not that we are adults with no kids. We try to visit every few years around the holiday season sometimes Thanksgiving Week and other times the beginning of Dec and have experienced it 4 times. Our narrators have been Mira Sorvino, Dennis Haysbert (the Allstate guy), Gary Senise, and Whoopi Goldberg. We like the dinner package at Chefs for the 8:15 pm show and plan to go again this year.

We absolutely love it! Not sure if it makes a difference or not that we are adults with no kids. We try to visit every few years around the holiday season sometimes Thanksgiving Week and other times the beginning of Dec and have experienced it 4 times. Our narrators have been Mira Sorvino, Dennis Haysbert (the Allstate guy), Gary Senise, and Whoopi Goldberg. We like the dinner package at Chefs for the 8:15 pm show and plan to go again this year.

Thank you! I think I really want to do it.

Just booked our November trip for Jersey week (11/3-11/7) at Beach Club Villas. Super excited! We are going to do 4 days at Disney and 3 at Universal for this trip.

Last year, my husband and I took our second no-kids trip the week after Thanksgiving. (Our last no-kids Trip was for our first anniversary in 1991.) Looks like we’ll be going back in 2018! I’m in the process of trying to rent DVC points now. Current plan:

Nov 25-28: Cabana Bay Resort at Universal (got to do Harry Potter again!J

Nov 28-Dec 5: AKV Jambo in standard studio

AKL is my absolute favorite hotel, but I can’t make myself pay regular rates when we’re in the room so little. But renting points, it’s cheaper than a moderate and only a few hundred more expensive than a value. Keep your fingers crossed the points are available now from someone! (They’ve already confirmed the room itself is available.)

Just booked our November trip for Jersey week (11/3-11/7) at Beach Club Villas. Super excited! We are going to do 4 days at Disney and 3 at Universal for this trip.

Welcome aboard!! Added to the roll call!! :welcome:

Last year, my husband and I took our second no-kids trip the week after Thanksgiving. (Our last no-kids Trip was for our first anniversary in 1991.) Looks like we’ll be going back in 2018! I’m in the process of trying to rent DVC points now. Current plan:

Nov 25-28: Cabana Bay Resort at Universal (got to do Harry Potter again!J

Nov 28-Dec 5: AKV Jambo in standard studio

AKL is my absolute favorite hotel, but I can’t make myself pay regular rates when we’re in the room so little. But renting points, it’s cheaper than a moderate and only a few hundred more expensive than a value. Keep your fingers crossed the points are available now from someone! (They’ve already confirmed the room itself is available.)

Hoping to book next weekend now that our dates are coming together!

November 23rd - December 4th -- All Star Music (1st time!) :santa:

Welcome aboard to the both of you!! :welcome: Keep us updated Tigger, I hope that you can get the points soon!!

You can add us! Nov 24th - Dec 11th...
(AOA 12/1-12/11)... still looking for a resort for the week prior! Love the prep threads!

We want to go last week of November. I was wondering what day after thanksgiving would be best to fly in to MCO? I read an article that Saturday was one of the busiest days of the holidays for MCO and was wondering if anyone had this experience? We are planning to do TSA cares because of my sons special needs as well as my own. I know that would help with getting through security checkpoints but was wondering if busy day at airport would contribute to longer waiting times to leave the airport.

We want to go last week of November. I was wondering what day after thanksgiving would be best to fly in to MCO? I read an article that Saturday was one of the busiest days of the holidays for MCO and was wondering if anyone had this experience? We are planning to do TSA cares because of my sons special needs as well as my own. I know that would help with getting through security checkpoints but was wondering if busy day at airport would contribute to longer waiting times to leave the airport.
We flew out of Philly on the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year and it wasn’t bad at all. Planning on doing it again this year. We got a 12pm flight for $68. Our flight home the following Saturday was $25!!! We flew Southwest

We flew out of Philly on the Saturday after Thanksgiving last year and it wasn’t bad at all. Planning on doing it again this year. We got a 12pm flight for $68. Our flight home the following Saturday was $25!!! We flew Southwest
WOW just joining this thread as I am also looking to travel the last week of November. I was thinking of leaving on Sunday, 11/25. Those SW prices make me hopeful! I enjoy SW for its flexibility and am eagerly awaiting the release of fights to pinpoint exact dates.

Thanks! I’m planning to do southwest as well. Did you book right when fares were released or waited for the twice yearly sale? In June or sept I think is when they have them right?

Holy cow! We will most likely be flying out of Philly and I'd LOVE to get a steal like that! We are going before Thanksgiving though so hopefully we can find a deal like that!

I originally booked at the end of September for $105 going down/$78 coming back. I just kept checking, A LOT. Seriously, like 5 or 6 times a day. It’s crazy how much airline prices fluctuate in a day, let alone over the course of a few months. The return flight went down to $27, I got that rate, then it went back higher than what I originally paid. It went down to $25, got that rate and when we were down there, I looked and it was back to like $80. Just download the Southwest app on your phone and check it when you’re sitting around. They don’t charge for changing flights although they might start after how many times I changed our flights! Lol

They don’t refund you any money, they give it back to you on travel funds that you can use towards future flights. We still have $90 each in unused travel funds that we’ll be able to use for this year’s trip.

Hi Newsies, happy New Year we are booked at ASMu November 11-17. Our 35th Anniversary and first time at the Food and Wine Festival. And our first time for Mickeys Christmas party and hopefully Jingle Bell Jingle Bam holiday dessert party.

I originally booked at the end of September for $105 going down/$78 coming back. I just kept checking, A LOT. Seriously, like 5 or 6 times a day. It’s crazy how much airline prices fluctuate in a day, let alone over the course of a few months. The return flight went down to $27, I got that rate, then it went back higher than what I originally paid. It went down to $25, got that rate and when we were down there, I looked and it was back to like $80. Just download the Southwest app on your phone and check it when you’re sitting around. They don’t charge for changing flights although they might start after how many times I changed our flights! Lol

They don’t refund you any money, they give it back to you on travel funds that you can use towards future flights. We still have $90 each in unused travel funds that we’ll be able to use for this year’s trip.
I know they don't give you money back which is such a bummer because we don't fly enough to use it. We booked a flight to visit my family last Feb and I watched the price. It dropped to $60 less, so I changed our flight and got the credit. And now it expires next month because we aren't going anywhere. Boo!

But it's great to know those flights do exist if you are vigilant. Also very cool that you are able to use your credit for your trip!

Airfares under $100?! Where do you guys fly out of??
I fly out of Manchester, NH (preferred) or Boston and I never see fares that low!
Lowest I have seen is $114! I want $25 or even $80 fares!

Can I join along even though we check in at the end of October?

We’ll be at AoA in a Cars Suite from 10/28-11/4. We can’t wait! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter