*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

I got a couple emails with Touring Plan crowd changes, too. This is our first trip, but I think their crowd predictions are CRAZY low. We're going 11/27-12/5 and most of my trip has my chosen parks at a 1 or 2 level, with just 2 days being a 3. Do you think their low crowd predictions are accurate? I don't want to get my hopes up!

I've had good luck with them the last 2 trips (both this time of year). I don't really use them for the crowd predictions, more for the touring plans. I have found their wait times pretty accurate.

For all of us going the during Thanksgiving week I have to say I still can't believe they don't have 8am openings at MK all week!! I'm so disappointed in this because they have done it the last couple years so I was expecting/hoping for it while planning.

That's all just needed to vent that to someone who might understand! LOL (the family doesn't get it!)
Ahh, same here too. Been asking every avenue possible about what the deal is. I checked back not only through recent Thanksgiving weeks but Xmas weeks (which also haven't been updated yet), Spring Breaks, etc., and its almost unprecedented, so not sure what is going on!

We planned a 12 brunch at Chef Mickeys for our first MK morning which feels silly now with 9am opening; with the lines we're basically going to do our 3 FP's and get on the road! I was definitely anticipated 8am openings, and possible EMH adds for each day.

For all of us going the during Thanksgiving week I have to say I still can't believe they don't have 8am openings at MK all week!! I'm so disappointed in this because they have done it the last couple years so I was expecting/hoping for it while planning.

That's all just needed to vent that to someone who might understand! LOL (the family doesn't get it!)

Indeed. I am with you. I am a bit bummed on the back end too - Midnight closing every day last year. 11pm this year. I kept thinking the hours would change, nothing yet though - and just last night I received alerts from touring plans increasing crowd levels. Not a biggie overall in the grand scheme of things I suppose - I mean after all back "home" in 11 days!

10 days to go for us! We are a big group staying in 3 villas at BLT. It has been 3 years since we've been to Disney! 4 members of our group will be first timers! Kinda bummed that MK closes at 6pm on our arrival day. We don't arrive in Orlando til 3pm. Planning to get checked in at BLT then going Epcot. Looking forward to our stay!

10 days to go for us! We are a big group staying in 3 villas at BLT. It has been 3 years since we've been to Disney! 4 members of our group will be first timers! Kinda bummed that MK closes at 6pm on our arrival day. We don't arrive in Orlando til 3pm. Planning to get checked in at BLT then going Epcot. Looking forward to our stay!

10 days for us too! We arrive early so hopefully our room at POR will be ready. We have afternoon FPs and a dinner ADR at Tony’s before MVMCP.

I’ll post here, cuz I’m not sure where to put it. I was excited I just got a Dining Reservation Finder alert that lets me move our Liberty Tree Tavern reservation from dinner to lunch. I didn’t realize the dinner doesn’t have a children’s menu and I’m pretty sure it will be a waste of money for my kids. (6,8,10 -eat like birds) Having the lunch time let’s them get smaller meals/share. But I just realized the new reservation is at the same time as the parade. :( We can’t do the parade on our 2nd MK day cuz it’s at the same time as our 7DMT FP. Booger! Which reservation should I keep? Dinner or lunch?

10 days for us too! We arrive early so hopefully our room at POR will be ready. We have afternoon FPs and a dinner ADR at Tony’s before MVMCP.

Most of our group arrive before noon but we are coming from Oregon, so will be there much later. Fingers crossed they can get our request to be on the same floor granted. Hope you can check in early! Wish it didn't take us so long to get to Orlando! We have a 5hr 15min flight non-stop, the best we have ever managed! Yea for no layovers!

Most of our group arrive before noon but we are coming from Oregon, so will be there much later. Fingers crossed they can get our request to be on the same floor granted. Hope you can check in early! Wish it didn't take us so long to get to Orlando! We have a 5hr 15min flight non-stop, the best we have ever managed! Yea for no layovers!

We are on the east coast but have visited some west coast states so understand about the travel. Would love to visit Oregon one day. Hopefully your flight will land earlier than expected. How long is your trip?

Honestly, I am happy with it. Now, we have a long enough trip to spread it out longer, and it keeps our 8am BOG as a PPO ADR. We are a little tight that morning, so the Haunted Mansion line won't be terrible for the RD crowd heading to other headliner attractions. But it keeps us with a more restful trip, especially with the 3 kids and my parents who honestly act and move much older than they are. It means resting on both ends of the day easier. For us, at least.

2 weeks!! I was afraid to open the TP email this morning, but was not surprised to see all the increases. I just keep telling myself that I've done Christmas week before, I can handle this! My DD and I are also more focused on the Christmas decorations and atmosphere more than the rides. But this is our shortest trip in years, so I know it's going to go by like a blur. But we will make the most of it!

We are on the east coast but have visited some west coast states so understand about the travel. Would love to visit Oregon one day. Hopefully your flight will land earlier than expected. How long is your trip?

We arrive 11/16, head home 11/24. Looking forward to more time to enjoy the World this time around! Oregon & WA are beautiful. We actually live on the WA side, but the airport is just 15 min away in Portland. It's starting to get colder and rainy here, so looking forward to getting some sun in Orlando!

We arrive 11/16, head home 11/24. Looking forward to more time to enjoy the World this time around! Oregon & WA are beautiful. We actually live on the WA side, but the airport is just 15 min away in Portland. It's starting to get colder and rainy here, so looking forward to getting some sun in Orlando!

We visited Seattle a few summers ago and really enjoyed it. We will be at Disney just about the same time but stay a day longer than you our flight back home is early on the 25th.

Can someone tell me what to really expect as far as thanksgiving week. We normally come in the Saturday after thanksgiving and by Monday the crowds are dying down. I'm not worried if we don't do all the big rides we aren't newbies, we are just squeezing in one last trip before our AP's expire on the 26th. Is it so many people you can't walk or is it do able, or is their a time of day that's better? I know we will do our meals off peak times to avoid some of the crowd their. I'm just trying to get a general idea of what it's like.

I didn’t realize how early it gets dark in Orlando this time of year. I just checked and it looks like we are having a 530 sunset every night next week. I guess they don’t close things just because it’s dark, I have little ones so they will probably think it’s cool getting to stay out and play in the dark :yay:

For you Southwest folks, keep checking those fares, I just rebooked the same flight and got a nice credit for our return the Sunday after Thanksgiving! It's the 2nd time I've done it since they released the dates back in May.
I just checked ours and they all went up $300 + for all flights that day :oops:

For you Southwest folks, keep checking those fares, I just rebooked the same flight and got a nice credit for our return the Sunday after Thanksgiving! It's the 2nd time I've done it since they released the dates back in May.

I've rebooked our flights over Thanksgiving, twice, too! They are currently cheaper now than they were the day the flights were released.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter