Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

Double Queen just means you get a bonus bed to hold your park bags/shopping purchases/ discarded clothes 🤣
This makes me happy, because that is how I see it 100% - in May our other bed at HRH ended up being a staging area for daily outfits, a place for the over packed clothes to go and where I sat for makeup and hair lol

I'm looking at Sept 2-10. SF is $166 ST.
CBBR standard room is $119 standard 2 queen, $154 family suite exterior entry, $157 family suite interior entry (add $10 to either of those for poolside.)
We are going with Aventura 2 queen skyline view. $136. I think our 15 year old will love it. Planning to go next door for the water taxi and also to use the SF pool.

Does anyone know how the ST rates are released? I'm looking for a week in Nov (12-19) and I finally see ST available for HRH but none of the other premiers. It blows my mind that HRH is cheaper at $318/night than Royal Pacific ($394)!

Does anyone know how the ST rates are released? I'm looking for a week in Nov (12-19) and I finally see ST available for HRH but none of the other premiers. It blows my mind that HRH is cheaper at $318/night than Royal Pacific ($394)!
There is an Orlando Informer meetup Nov 18 & 19, which may have something to do with the discount at RPR not being available. Or it just could be because RPR is very popular and the lowest cost rooms go fast. I often see PBR for less than RPR when I look at prices.

There is an Orlando Informer meetup Nov 18 & 19, which may have something to do with the discount at RPR not being available. Or it just could be because RPR is very popular and the lowest cost rooms go fast. I often see PBR for less than RPR when I look at prices.
Isn't the meetup available for all the resorts? I was shocked to see RPR was more than PBR! I've never stayed at RPR, what makes it so popular? I was looking into it since I thought it would be the cheapest of the premiers, guess not!

Isn't the meetup available for all the resorts? I was shocked to see RPR was more than PBR! I've never stayed at RPR, what makes it so popular? I was looking into it since I thought it would be the cheapest of the premiers, guess not!
It's weird how they do it, RPR is often the cheapest. Right now for my August dates PBR is the cheapest of the express pass resorts because the only thing available at RPR is the captain's presidential suite for $1428/nt.

For the dates you listed, they don't (yet?) have a ST rate at RPR, so the std 2 Q is $394 rack rate. HR garden view 2 Q has the ST rate at $318. PBR ST rate is on Bay View King room for $353. When I look at the OI discounted room site, their rates for RPR and PBR are sold out, but they still have some at HR for that weekend. Rates change frequently and a lot can happen between now & November. I would grab the lower rate at whichever you prefer and keep watching, you can cancel for free and rebook somewhere else.

Last edited:
It's weird how they do it, RPR is often the cheapest. Right now for my August dates PBR is the cheapest of the express pass resorts because the only thing available at RPR is the captain's presidential suite for $1428/nt.

For the dates you listed, they don't (yet?) have a ST rate at RPR, so the std 2 Q is $394 rack rate. HR garden view 2 Q has the ST rate at $318. PBR ST rate is on Bay View King room for $353. When I look at the OI discounted room site, their rates for RPR and PBR are sold out, but they still have some at HR for that weekend. Rates change frequently and a lot can happen between now & November. I would grab the lower rate at whichever you prefer and keep watching, you can cancel for free and rebook somewhere else.
Yep, that's been my strategy so far, I've already booked & cancelled a couple of rooms. Still have plenty of time at least, I was holding out for AP rates but with the recent increases there, it's less attractive. I was just surprised to see ST rates available at some premiers and not others - I figured they released them in batches like AP rates. I'm new at this, I normally just book when I decide I want to go, but need to be a bit more financially savvy this time around with travel demand surges. :) Thanks for the tips!

I have a ST rate for Cabana Bay Sept 15-19, approx 189/night, but now I want to switch room types and do interior access family suite. Is is likely the ST rate is gone for good? 🤔 now its showing 220ish/night but only a $5 difference between room types interior vs exterior

after reading above posts re RP being substantially higher than other resorts, could be major conference has large room block booked. unsold inventory is typically released approx 4 weeks prior. Keep checking.

was pleasantly surprised earlier this week when scrambling to add a night onto a 4 night stay the third week in September that…

if I moved trip up a day & came in on Tuesday for 4 nights…the rate dropped from approx $235+ to $183 X 3 & $199+ for the Friday.

thinking that they may just offer some AP rates after all down the road:wizard: Many were able to switch over to the deluxe resorts last year within same price range. I’d be happy to see anything offered at this point.

If you switch and rebook the higher rate room, your $189 rate will be booked quickly by someone else

Rates increase, not decrease when they are released back into the system

I'm beginning to suspect there won't be any RPR discounts for my Oct 5 to 8 dates and am quite put out. I can't believe I'm about to pay over $500/night for a hotel. It's unfathomable. I remember paying $250ish/ night at RPR 10 years ago during the Christmas holidays and thinking I'd lost my mind.

I'm beginning to suspect there won't be any RPR discounts for my Oct 5 to 8 dates and am quite put out. I can't believe I'm about to pay over $500/night for a hotel. It's unfathomable. I remember paying $250ish/ night at RPR 10 years ago during the Christmas holidays and thinking I'd lost my mind.
I still haven’t found a single AP rate for my late September trip; I don’t think they’ve been released yet. Waiting patiently. Already have my reservations, but I want to save moneyyyyyy 🤞🏻🤣😭

I still haven’t found a single AP rate for my late September trip; I don’t think they’ve been released yet. Waiting patiently. Already have my reservations, but I want to save moneyyyyyy 🤞🏻🤣😭
I'm not patient at all lol. RPR is my happy place so I'll suck it up I guess.

10 years ago? Heck we were able to get that rate 2-3 years ago. Crazy

Don’t give up, for our trip a few weeks ago we were booked a PBH initially, but at about the 3 week out point I started seeing better rates everywhere. We ended up at RPR for ~$430 a night and could have gotten even cheaper if we had swapped from a king room to a double. You just have to watch it literally every day, if not multiple times a day

AP rates have been available for only up to the first week of August. It's been like that for some time, maybe about a couple of months ago.

Last time they released AP rates, it had been a long gap since the time before that. With us about 1 month away till the end of the current round of AP rates, I gotta believe the next round of AP rates will be released soon.

AP rates have been available for only up to the first week of August. It's been like that for some time, maybe about a couple of months ago.

Last time they released AP rates, it had been a long gap since the time before that. With us about 1 month away till the end of the current round of AP rates, I gotta believe the next round of AP rates will be released soon.
But how much availability will there be. I booked a Savvy Traveler rate for RP for September 17-24 last November. When I check those dates now, only availability is Cabana Bay and 2 Endless Summer resorts.

But how much availability will there be. I booked a Savvy Traveler rate for RP for September 17-24 last November. When I check those dates now, only availability is Cabana Bay and 2 Endless Summer resorts.
My experience with Deluxe Resorts is that it's tough to get a good AP rate for more than a few nights, with weekends being particularly tough.

Many months ago, my sister booked a Savvy Traveler rate for RP for September 25-30 (Sunday to Friday) for $259 per night. I doubt any of us will see a better rate than that anytime soon.

Last edited:
My experience with Deluxe Resorts is that it's tough to get a good AP rate for more than a few nights, with weekends being particularly tough.

Many months ago, my sister booked a Savvy Traveler rate for RP for September 25-30 (Sunday to Friday) for $259 per night. I doubt any of us will see a better rate than that anytime soon.
So if Saturdays are part of the trip, it's better to book 2 separate reservations - one for Sun-Fri and another for just the Saturday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter