***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a previous post mentioning no line into Pandora with a late am FP. That's encouraging. We'll be at AK this Sunday, then next Thursday. Sleeping in both am's. Sunday's FP is River Journey time slot 12:05-1:05. Thursday's is FOP 3:50-4:50. Think we should expect lines into Pandora either one of those times? If so, any estimates on how long of a wait? It's a lil hard trying to plan timing right with the possibility of waits to even get into the land.

We won't be exploring either of those times, with FP's in other areas. We're waiting until Thursday EMH pm to explore (And we're definitely not planning on trying to SB either ride lol o_O Just soak in the atmosphere and scenery.)
You can get into Pandora when it is time for your FP without having to wait in the general line (if there is one). Just go to the entrance to Pandora and there will be CMs their scanning your MB to check for FPs.

When we got to the river journey tonight for EMH the posted wait was 50 minutes, but we only waited 35. I was really surprised. And that was with us taking our time to get there, and getting one last ride on Everest right before 11.

Was I the only one randomly watching Pandora wait times during tonight's 11-1 EMH - they were WAY down from past days - there seems to be no discernible pattern to this - trying to guess what It might be like when we're there on Monday night :charac2:

Every time I looked at minutecast it wasn't raining, but then again Florida rain can be very local

Was I the only one randomly watching Pandora wait times during tonight's 11-1 EMH - they were WAY down from past days - there seems to be no discernible pattern to this - trying to guess what It might be like when we're there on Monday night :charac2:

Every time I looked at minutecast it wasn't raining, but then again Florida rain can be very local

There was a light rain drizzle around 11:30 but it's ended now, well, so has emh. LOL

It depends not only on body type, but on how one positions him-/herself on the seat. I sat and leaned as far forward as I could after reading the initial reviews here during the CM previews, and found that the back restraint ended up too tight, while the leg restraints were fine. Subsequent reviews recommended giving yourself a little room during your initial positioning, and that's definitely what I'll try on my next trip.

I don't lean. Leaning will make your butt stick out. Go as far forward as possible into the seat and then sit straight up until the restraints arre locked.

Last edited:
They have been showing Avatar on channel 80 in the resorts on loop. Tried to watch it again. It is still a bland, unmemorable movie, and now the effects look rather dated. I'm amazed that I still loved FoP so much. Kudos to the ride design team for making something that uninteresting into a stellar ride and land. I still think the River Journey is pretty, though dull as bricks, but FoP is definitely a win.

I don't lean. Leaning will make your butt stick out. Go as far forward as possible into the seat and then side straight up until the restraints are locked.
It so funny because I'm fluffy and feel super comfortable but my daughter is a twig and she has said that the back restraints hold her tight. obviously holding her so she doesn't fall of :)
She sat straight the second time and still it locked her in good. I think it also has to do with the calf restraint, we will have to keep riding to do more research ;)

We're there Monday night, too!

I would try and see if you would qualify for a DAS. That way, you could get a return time for the ride, explore the rest of Pandora and return at the return time. It won't get you on the ride any sooner, but you won't have to stand in line.[/QUOT
What is DAS?

I have seen someone fall out of one and break there arm, they really are not that stable.
Awe shucks....and I got so excited about this as an option. I'll read the reviews on this and ask questions to see what experiences folks have had. Thank you.

Okay....more info on this. I'll look up rollators next.

Rollators are nice! My husband's aunt used one all the time. Gives you support while walking, a flat surface to put a food tray/store merchandise on, and can also be a place to sit if you need a break.

Fiber, if that is what they used, is very finicky. The company I work for spends almost as much time installing it add they do repairing it. So I'm not surprised if some went down after millions walked on it for a couple of days
I believe you 100%!! But to that, I'm going to say "but still"! :)

If that's what they went with, they need to maintain it to give guests the experience they're been promising and advertising for months. If they weren't going to be able to do that, why go with that technology? My two cents. :)

DAS is the Disability Access System. Disney used to have the Guest Assistance Card to help people with medical issues to better enjoy their vacation. A few years ago, Disney replaced the Guest Assistance Care with the Disability Access System.

You can read about it on the Disability forum, but here is a quick summary of how it works. After going to Guest Assistance with you party and they give you access to the system, you can to to the fast pass entrance of a ride that you would like to ride. When there you request a return time and the CM will scan you magic band and give you a return time for that ride. This return time is the posted stand by time minus a few minutes (something like 10 or 15 minutes). You and your party can then return after your return time and enter the fast pass line and ride the ride. You can only have a single active return time at any one time, and this return time does not interfere with your fast passes.

I suggest you review the WDW - Disability Access Service (DAS) thread to get more details.

I think it is safe to say that the CM's are much better now than at previews on telling people how to sit and fit the chair.

We were hearing more during the previews of people who couldnt ride than we are hearing now. During my preview the person directly next to me was not able to ride and they were NOT BIG AT ALL, i was actually shocked they got turned away.

So a plus definitely to the CM's

Well I just love the whole place. The entire land and both attractions are fully immersive. What a great experience. Pandora is incredible.

DSC01031_zpsd2gskknf.jpg

DSC01076_zps7smgkscx.jpg

DSC01014_zps2mlbgs2v.jpg

DSC01035_zpsyf8latwf.jpg

DSC01082_zpsvahhtz79.jpg

DSC01088_zpsahvhdx8h.jpg

DSC01087_zpsm2e9fpxt.jpg

DSC01090_zpsgqzooiwe.jpg

DSC01065_zpslidr6bdv.jpg

DSC01063_zpsl79jwp6n.jpg

DSC01067_zpsspjjrsg4.jpg

Thanks in great part to this guy!

DSC00965_zpsm8hkgeel.jpg

DSC00967_zpsadscd0oe.jpg

So when you visit, try not to do this so much.

DSC01028_zpsv10wcxnz.jpg

DSC01048_zpsphcegvxn.jpg

You might miss something!

DSC01041_zps7qbqekep.jpg

DSC01071_zpskbxvtb0m.jpg

DSC01191_zpsth2hmay3.jpg

I would not do that. Read all the posts starting on page one being maintained by @rteetz - so just the first few posts. Then skip to the posts starting on May 27 when Pandora opened.

Looks like @hiroMYhero answered the abbreviations.

NRJ is like It's a Small World. No drops. Gentle boat ride. Will be fine for you.

FOP is not like anything. Totally new. It has simulated drops but you do not actually drop. The best comparison of this is the Soarin ride at Epcot. It may not be a good choice for you. Each person is different.

:wizard:

Do your legs hang over like on Soarin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter