***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I adopted a pink/blue banshee. My daughter says it's purple/blue but I think it looks more pink. I also wanted a yellow/blue banshee and was thinking about adopting that one in September. Hope they have it then.
It took about 45 minutes to adopt one on opening day once I got in the store - that was also a 45 minute wait in early evening. I love my banshee but my cats - not so much. LOL

Well, the good news is all the banshees that are NOT blue/black or blue/purple have been adopted, :). CM said he didn't have information on when the other colors would be available again. Also said tomorrow might be the last day they sell them for a while. Not sure how true it is, don't shoot the messenger! Just left the store and it took about 45 minutes to purchase.

Last edited:
Geeking out... is there interest in my posting these when I have them, or better to keep my geeky obsession to myself? Fine either way! :)

I really need to figure out how to pull data from MDE via macro... this was just me taking screen shots from MDE whenever it occurred to me (clearly too often!), and then graphing them later...

Pandora Waits.jpeg

Last edited:
Adopted? No they are in temporary custody of eBay resellers. (Hint to Disney that person buying 10 wasn't starting a rookery)

I googled the banshees to get some info (easier than searching this thread) but it was all hits for people selling them on eBay! Are they only available at Pandora (or on eBay)

I googled the banshees to get some info (easier than searching this thread) but it was all hits for people selling them on eBay! Are they only available at Pandora (or on eBay)
At WDW, you will only find them at Windtraders inside Pandora.

Adopted? No they are in temporary custody of eBay resellers. (Hint to Disney that person buying 10 wasn't starting a rookery)

I wish disney would put a limit on how many they would let one person buy. I don't begrudge someone selling a couple on eBay but sucks for families traveling down that want one and won't be able to get one at pandora

Will they still do the ceremony but give you an IOU?

I wish disney would put a limit on how many they would let one person buy. I don't begrudge someone selling a couple on eBay but sucks for families traveling down that want one and won't be able to get one at pandora

Will they still do the ceremony but give you an IOU?
I hope they will have some in two weeks when I'm there!

Are you farsighted/need reading glasses? I had the same problem on FoP and it's because my eyes can't focus on the close 3D. Happens on all 3D attractions to me, and if I wore glasses every other part would be blurry. It's pretty jarring because in real life I jerk my head back to focus on the thing that is too close, and you can't do that with 3D glasses! I had to look away to regain my bearings.

Not farsighted but I do have pretty bad vision. I was wearing my contacts though. My sister said it was blurry at times for her too, so maybe it was just our eyes.

A DAS is for people with Disabilities so they can enjoy Disney but if some one needs a place to sit can not stand for a long time them they do not qualify for a DAS as Disney say this is more mobility and the use of a wheel chair scooter or roller would be a better fit ( Disney can not say you will have a place to sit if you need one and with your own mobility device you have one

as fair as the cain with set I have seen CM go up to people using then to sit in and ask them not too.

someone on the Disability part of this board say you can use them IF it is not crowded ( and one time that I saw a CM go up to someone sitting in one there was really no one around, but I think Pandora would be it is too crowded areas so I really would not bother trying.)

I hope this helps.

a few things about when chair roller you do not have to sit in them all the time use it to push and sit when you need a break

Well, the good news is all the banshees that are NOT blue/black or blue/purple have been adopted, :). CM said he didn't have information on when the other colors would be available again. Also said tomorrow might be the last day they sell them for a while. Not sure how true it is, don't shoot the messenger! Just left the store and it took about 45 minutes to purchase.
I hope they have some in 13 days, otherwise my daughter is going to be disappointed. This is one of the most wanted items at pandora if they don't sell them for awhile that would be stupid.

I adopted a pink/blue banshee. My daughter says it's purple/blue but I think it looks more pink. I also wanted a yellow/blue banshee and was thinking about adopting that one in September. Hope they have it then.
It took about 45 minutes to adopt one on opening day once I got in the store - that was also a 45 minute wait in early evening. I love my banshee but my cats - not so much. LOL

Can you give a review of the ease of use of the little handheld controls? I watched a few youtubes to see if it is something my daughter could master. She will be 5 on our trip at the end of this year and I'm wondering if her little hands will be big enough and strong enough to handle the controls.

They posted the wait as 30 minutes the moment the ride opened this morning. We were at the front of the line and it was a madhouse.

madhouse at the gates does not sound good. Are the CM's continuing to walk everyone over to Pandora?

How're the wait times during the EMH? Do they get better or are you still pretty screwed?

How're the wait times during the EMH? Do they get better or are you still pretty screwed?

I haven't been watching that on MDE, but will take a look tonight.

I found these posts in this thread... and hopefully others can post their experiences from the past few days...

When we got to the river journey tonight for EMH the posted wait was 50 minutes, but we only waited 35. I was really surprised. And that was with us taking our time to get there, and getting one last ride on Everest right before 11.

Was I the only one randomly watching Pandora wait times during tonight's 11-1 EMH - they were WAY down from past days - there seems to be no discernible pattern to this - trying to guess what It might be like when we're there on Monday night :charac2:

Every time I looked at minutecast it wasn't raining, but then again Florida rain can be very local

madhouse at the gates does not sound good. Are the CM's continuing to walk everyone over to Pandora?

No CMs walked with us between tapstiles and Pandora. We were initially held outside the land for a bit and then they staged us within Pandora just outside the entrance to both ride queues. They did not lead us to the attractions today after dropping the rope. In fact, several people lost their place in line because they made a wrong turn when they were trying to enter the FoP queue during the fray.

It seems that the process is being modified somewhat each day.

I'm a little worried about this. Sounds like they may stop selling them? We won't be going back until December. Should I buy one on eBay?

CM said he didn't have information on when the other colors would be available again. Also said tomorrow might be the last day they sell them for a while.
As crazy as it seems to me that they might not be seeing such a popular item for a while, I remember how LUDICROUS the lack of Frozen merchandise was and how long that went on for... I still don't get it.

I'm a little worried about this. Sounds like they may stop selling them? We won't be going back until December. Should I buy one on eBay?
I wouldn't buy one on eBay.

The whole experience is to be "matched" with a Banshee. It diminishes the experience if there are only 2 different Banshees - perhaps that's why the CM said it may not continue for awhile - until they have more stock.

I think Disney would choose to sell them without the "matching experience."

I think Disney would choose to sell them without the "matching experience."

They do (or did), I adopted mine on opening day and I was told I could either go through the line and get the whole "bonding" experience, or I could go to the back of Windtraders and pick a box off of the table if I just wanted to get one quick.
I had forgotten the whole "ACE" thing and when the couple in front of me adopted the last two banshees in the color I wanted, the CM saw my face and went to a drawer in the rookery and magically one of the same color appeared! I commented on Disney Magic and she said "No, ma'am, this is ACE Magic!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter