***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this was asked/covered already. I was keeping up then I got behind on this thread.

For those who have seen Pandora during the day and at night, any opinion on which way you should experience it first? Do you think it matters?
I don't think it matters which order you see them, but if it were a choice between night vs. day, I'd go for day, for sure. So many details get lost at night!

It's a very smooth ride, no jerky movements. You don't have to lean over far, unless you want to, either. There is leaning left/right but it's very smooth and subtle movements. I'd think it would be fine, based on the rides you list that you can ride.

Thanks - these were the things I was hoping to hear... smooth / not jerky. I really want to ride with my kids :)

I heard some people couldn't ride FOP because of their size. How big is too big?:scared:

There has been a lot of discussion about this - the challenge is there isn't one measurement that will determine if you will fit or not - it is very much how one carries their weight and it often seems to be about legs/thighs and if you have big and think legs the leg restraints won't hold/get set.

It also depends how you sit as turing the previews there were reports of some people not fitting on one try but then went again and the CM helped them position themselves differently (more upright I believe) and they were able to fit

They do have a test seat out front, so if you are concerned that is the best thing to do

There has been a lot of discussion about this - the challenge is there isn't one measurement that will determine if you will fit or not - it is very much how one carries their weight and it often seems to be about legs/thighs and if you have big and think legs the leg restraints won't hold/get set.

It also depends how you sit as turing the previews there were reports of some people not fitting on one try but then went again and the CM helped them position themselves differently (more upright I believe) and they were able to fit

They do have a test seat out front, so if you are concerned that is the best thing to do
I HAVE LARGE LEGS ... oh crap....

Wow, today was my 60 day window. I was on right at 7:00am. I could only get FoP fp+ for our very last day and it's not until 2:45. That was the earliest I could get. We are not rope drop, early morning people but I guess we will be this trip.....:)
That is not good. I went on at our 60 day mark (June 12th) and had plenty of choices. What is your arrival day?

I HAVE LARGE LEGS ... oh crap....

yeah, I wish it was more clear as to "if your thighs measure more that X and length for more than Y" you won't fit - but it just isn't that cut and dry. It seems that those that have very large AND long legs have the most issues but isn't limited to that

It does seem that through the preview process the CMs have gotten better (and/or some adjustments were made) to allow more people to fit as there have been less reports of people being turned away ... although that might also have more to do with the test seat and thus less people that were close trying.

For RD, believe Josh from EasyWDW was reporting it's still best to arrive 6:30 for an 8am opening (let in about 7:15, posted time was 60 min but actually at preshow at 750 and off FoP at about 8:15, posted wait times by then about 180min which he believes would be about 90). That would mean be at the bus stop at resort at 6am for an 8am opening or 7am for 9am opening (arriving 7:30). Think maybe 1st bus is now fine and no longer need to consider uber/lyft?

1. Other observations he came up with was Sundays were the best days to visit AK (maybe because Sat and Mon's are EMH days?)
2. 2-4pm are lowest waits for FoP (other than RD) - a low period after Rope Droppers have left and evening people arrive. waits are lower after 11am in Pandora so if you're slightly late to RD, it's better to do the other rides w/ super low waits and come back to Pandora in the afternoon.
3. If wanting to ride FoP last thing, get in line by 1 hr to 75min before park close before CMs shut down line. can get in line 45 min before park close if rainy/or lower crowds.
4. FoP been about 50-75 min during late EMH.

For RD, believe Josh from EasyWDW was reporting it's still best to arrive 6:30 for an 8am opening (let in about 7:15, posted time was 60 min but actually at preshow at 750 and off FoP at about 8:15, posted wait times by then about 180min which he believes would be about 90). That would mean be at the bus stop at resort at 6am for an 8am opening or 7am for 9am opening (arriving 7:30). Think maybe 1st bus is now fine and no longer need to consider uber/lyft?

1. Other observations he came up with was Sundays were the best days to visit AK (maybe because Sat and Mon's are EMH days?)
2. 2-4pm are lowest waits for FoP (other than RD) - a low period after Rope Droppers have left and evening people arrive. waits are lower after 11am in Pandora so if you're slightly late to RD, it's better to do the other rides w/ super low waits and come back to Pandora in the afternoon.
3. If wanting to ride FoP last thing, get in line by 1 hr to 75min before park close before CMs shut down line. can get in line 45 min before park close if rainy/or lower crowds.
4. FoP been about 50-75 min during late EMH.
My only thought here, I'm more than willing to spend $10 with tip to save an hour travel time at that hour in the morning. Though I realize not everyone values sleep as much as me (well, my DH) does. We always use Lyft for early park drop offs for this reason alone.

My only thought here, I'm more than willing to spend $10 with tip to save an hour travel time at that hour in the morning. Though I realize not everyone values sleep as much as me (well, my DH) does. We always use Lyft for early park drop offs for this reason alone.

Hey Angi,
Are you thinking we'll still be let in about 45 min early in late Aug. for the 8am EMH on Sat/Mon and 9am openings on other days? It's still end of summer timeframe and w/ Pandora still being new/crowded, I'm guessing it would continue as is for the time being (vs. let in something like only 15-30 min early for HS and EP). I guess about what time are you aiming to get there? Think bag check people aren't even there until after 630.

For 30 min savings early in am, I'd agree the $10 per day is worth it, especially if you beat the 1st wave of buses. But I doubt wife will allow doing the ride services-given she just doesn't want to and getting hacked with hundreds of dollars in Int'l travel charges/canceling accts.

Hey Angi,
Are you thinking we'll still be let in about 45 min early in late Aug. for the 8am EMH on Sat/Mon and 9am openings on other days? It's still end of summer timeframe and w/ Pandora still being new/crowded, I'm guessing it would continue as is for the time being (vs. let in something like only 15-30 min early for HS and EP). I guess about what time are you aiming to get there? Think bag check people aren't even there until after 630.

For 30 min savings early in am, I'd agree the $10 per day is worth it, especially if you beat the 1st wave of buses. But I doubt wife will allow doing the ride services-given she just doesn't want to and getting hacked with hundreds of dollars in Int'l travel charges/canceling accts.
I am not sure. So much involving AK and Pandora is very fluid/every changing. I'm watching closely for certain. If it remains as it is, an hour before opening is my target time. If they change how early they let you in, I'll adjust it to later. We rarely rely on buses for opening, we just about always use Lyft. But I have a DH who hates getting up early and will sleep till the very last possible second and it often causes a lot of tension in the room, let me tell you. So we need every second we can get. We use buses when we have no plans to get anywhere at a certain time.

I am not sure. So much involving AK and Pandora is very fluid/every changing. I'm watching closely for certain. If it remains as it is, an hour before opening is my target time. If they change how early they let you in, I'll adjust it to later. We rarely rely on buses for opening, we just about always use Lyft. But I have a DH who hates getting up early and will sleep till the very last possible second and it often causes a lot of tension in the room, let me tell you. So we need every second we can get. We use buses when we have no plans to get anywhere at a certain time.

I do remember your account - during opening week of Pandora, struggling to get him out of bed early. Sorry.
We fortunately agree on getting up early. but it is tough to get up early am after walking so much in the heat the day before. After guessing that I wouldn't be getting FoP FP's early during that Sat/Mon am EMH days (and coming true), I almost rather skip EMH at AK to have another hr+ of sleep (but we'll prob still do it). We're firming up our hopping plans around our FPs and ADRs. Surprisingly, we prob. won't change around our FPs, even if more FoPs come avail.

Cant believe Disney did not anticipate how popular these things would be..
Rumor is they went through what they thought would be a few months supply in weeks. It's never easy to anticipate how popular something will be ahead of time. You don't want to buy too much and then be stuck with them. More are on the way.

I can believe it, because FROZEN. :upsidedow
Frozen was one of those once a decade or so type events. Lion King was probably the last one. Avatar came out in 2009 and isn't exactly a huge franchise, I don't think Disney expected a banshee toy to be this popular based on those circumstances.

Unfortunately, I had this problem too when I booked my FP last Saturday for August 16-19. I was pretty disappointed because I had been following other people's experiences, and mostly everyone was able to get something at either 60 or 61 days as long as they booked right at 7 AM. I was online at 7 AM on the dot, and I couldn't get anything at all for day 60, 61, or 62, and I even tried booking for just 1 person at a time. I could get a 6 PM FP on day 63, but we'll be on a Disney cruise at that time.
We'll also be at WDW August 16th thru 19th and leaving the 19th on the Fantasy. Are you on the same cruise?

I am going around the same time and was not able to get a FP at 7:00 am either. Super bummed!

7pm?

We ended up changing our EP (only losing TT since 2 tier 2's are nearly worthless) day towards end of our trip to AK, knowing that there would be more availability on a later day, where pp didn't have overlapping days and picked just a few days ahead of us. While people are going to be less willing to drop FoP FPs, there could be FPs after 8pm if AK hours are expanded to 11pm late Aug (like last yr). But in that case, I think I'm good with earlier FPs somewhere else, chance for several FPs, and getting in a 60 min line during late EMH (if not RD). Don't want our entire trip to be at AK.

How long of a average wait time for fastpass returns? If we have, let's say, a 4-5 PM fastpass, got there at 4, how long generally until ride time? Do you bypass most/all of the queue? We actually have 6:40-7:40 PM fastpasses for a mid-August Wednesday. Wanted later ones as we will go back to resort in the afternoon. Attempting to do the Navi River ride in the AM.

7pm?

We ended up changing our EP (only losing TT since 2 tier 2's are nearly worthless) day towards end of our trip to AK, knowing that there would be more availability on a later day, where pp didn't have overlapping days and picked just a few days ahead of us. While people are going to be less willing to drop FoP FPs, there could be FPs after 8pm if AK hours are expanded to 11pm late Aug (like last yr). But in that case, I think I'm good with earlier FPs somewhere else, chance for several FPs, and getting in a 60 min line during late EMH (if not RD). Don't want our entire trip to be at AK.

No, I meant I tried booking my passes at 7:00 am 60 days out and could not get FoP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter