***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, haven't read through this thread. Are there any tricks to getting on Avatar Flight of Passage, without a fast pass? For example, early morning ours or later at night... Or, any chance a fast pass will open up? Going in early September. Thank you!

Sorry, haven't read through this thread. Are there any tricks to getting on Avatar Flight of Passage, without a fast pass? For example, early morning ours or later at night... Or, any chance a fast pass will open up? Going in early September. Thank you!
Yes. Be there early. Search the thread for 'rope drop' for more info and reports.

My DD18 and I were at AK on Saturday and did rope drop AM EMH to get on FOP. We got to AK about 7:40 and there was already quite a crowd outside. WE followed the crowd to Pandora and had about an hour wait to ride. We both really enjoyed it but...after reading about people saying it induced less motion sensitivity than Soarin'...I have to disagree. I'd say it's easier than Mission Space but way way more confusing to the brain than Soarin! If/when I ride it again, I'll need dramamine! I'm surprised there aren't warnings in the cue like Mission Space! But...I thought it was amazing!

Yes.

I'd also add that if you arrive too late to really execute on a "flawless" FoP plan ;)(i.e. Arriving around 7/7:15), we rode NRJ twice and Everest twice before early EMH were over. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info! Sounds like FoP is the busiest of the Pandora attractions. Hopefully we can make it happen, since we couldn't get FPs at a time that would work for us at our 60 day mark.

We just came back from a visit to the parks. We did a fast pass for flight of passage at night. It was an incredible ride. Unfortunately my husband was not able to go. He is 6 foot 10 and a bigger guy. At least we knew it before going through line. My sons who are 6 foot 3 and 6 foot 4 were able to ride no problem but they are not as big as my husband. We brought a friend who loves avatar and her and my daughter returned one night to ride during extended hours. They arrived at AK at 10:30pm and returned back to the hotel at 1am. It was about a 90 minute wait and worth every minute. They kicked around going back for rope drop but decided against it.

It is beautiful at night. We liked the river ride but had to wait 80 minutes. We thought that was a bit much. I would happily wait 30 for it though. The lines are hot. There was not much air circulating even with the fans going.

We are doing a split AK/HS day. Plan is to do AK in the morning and HS in the pm(we have star wars dessert party tickets).
We were only able to get a FoP FP+ for 5:40pm (or around there, I can't remember exactly). Will it be worth it for us to essentially go AK to HS to AK to HS? OR should we just attempt FoP rope drop and cancel the FP+?

Just my DH and I, if that makes a difference. First WDW trip for both of us (planning to bring kids next year)

We are doing a split AK/HS day. Plan is to do AK in the morning and HS in the pm(we have star wars dessert party tickets).
We were only able to get a FoP FP+ for 5:40pm (or around there, I can't remember exactly). Will it be worth it for us to essentially go AK to HS to AK to HS? OR should we just attempt FoP rope drop and cancel the FP+?

Just my DH and I, if that makes a difference. First WDW trip for both of us (planning to bring kids next year)
I would keep the FoP fastpass. Maybe go DHS for rope drop, hop to AK for a while including your FP, then back to DHS for the fireworks.

I would keep the FoP fastpass. Maybe go DHS for rope drop, hop to AK for a while including your FP, then back to DHS for the fireworks.

I thought of doing that too... except our other FP+ are in the morning. (Kilimanjaro Safari 9:55, Expedition Everest 10:55)
Talk about poor planning :scared:

I thought of doing that too... except our other FP+ are in the morning. (Kilimanjaro Safari 9:55, Expedition Everest 10:55)
I just think going back and forth multiple times takes up unnecessary time. Do you need to go to DHS earlier in the day? Is this your only DHS day! I would probably do AK until your FoP FP, then leave right after that.

Hmmm... how desperate are you to spend a lot of time in DHS?? Could do AK through your FoP FP, then hop to DHS for the dessert party and a bit of time before it??

I just think going back and forth multiple times takes up unnecessary time. Do you need to go to DHS earlier in the day? Is this your only DHS day! I would probably do AK until your FoP FP, then leave right after that.

Hmmm... how desperate are you to spend a lot of time in DHS?? Could do AK through your FoP FP, then hop to DHS for the dessert party and a bit of time before it??

I agree- a lot of wasted time back and forth which is why I was thinking of trying to do FOP at rope drop so we wouldnt have to go back. We only have 3 days in the park, which is why we are doing the split day. We are doing MNSSHP the day we get in, and a full MK day the following day... so maybe we can split the MK day with DHS? Or just miss out on some DHS stuff and catch it next year...
Thinking out loud.

Overall I just don't want to be stressed out, and the back & forth of our current plans already seems stressful so something has to change.

I agree- a lot of wasted time back and forth which is why I was thinking of trying to do FOP at rope drop so we wouldnt have to go back. We only have 3 days in the park, which is why we are doing the split day. We are doing MNSSHP the day we get in, and a full MK day the following day... so maybe we can split the MK day with DHS? Or just miss out on some DHS stuff and catch it next year...
Thinking out loud.

Overall I just don't want to be stressed out, and the back & forth of our current plans already seems stressful so something has to change.
Do whatever you feel is best. You definitely shouldn't be stressed out and since you only have three park days doing all that back and forth will take up time.

My DD18 and I were at AK on Saturday and did rope drop AM EMH to get on FOP. We got to AK about 7:40 and there was already quite a crowd outside. WE followed the crowd to Pandora and had about an hour wait to ride. We both really enjoyed it but...after reading about people saying it induced less motion sensitivity than Soarin'...I have to disagree. I'd say it's easier than Mission Space but way way more confusing to the brain than Soarin! If/when I ride it again, I'll need dramamine! I'm surprised there aren't warnings in the cue like Mission Space! But...I thought it was amazing!

Thanks for mentioning that. I watched a DIS video with Craig and Ryno, and even though he had taken Dramamine, Ryno didn't feel very well afterwards. I squint my eyes during parts of Soarin', so I am hoping that will work on FoP too. I have back issues as well, but from what I've read, I don't have to worry too much about those. My vertigo is unpredictable, so I am hoping to get through it and hopefully have no after effects like I did on ToT. I am willing to risk feeling a little off during the ride, but I want it to pass quickly and not affect my dinner later in the evening at BoG! Did you feel OK after riding?

Thanks for mentioning that. I watched a DIS video with Craig and Ryno, and even though he had taken Dramamine, Ryno didn't feel very well afterwards. I squint my eyes during parts of Soarin', so I am hoping that will work on FoP too. I have back issues as well, but from what I've read, I don't have to worry too much about those. My vertigo is unpredictable, so I am hoping to get through it and hopefully have no after effects like I did on ToT. I am willing to risk feeling a little off during the ride, but I want it to pass quickly and not affect my dinner later in the evening at BoG! Did you feel OK after riding?
We had a light breakfast (yogurt and a banana) before we headed to the park. I was nauseous during the ride and after for a short while but I was fine for our late breakfast at Kona Cafe. It didn't trigger any vertigo for me.
If you have ever done any visual exercises for your vertigo, sharpen up on those before you go!

NRJ was very limited when I booked FP+ last week (earliest was after 5PM on my day 60). Not sure why, but today, there were many time slots available for me to swap to. Everybody been cancelling NRJ?

I couldn't get FoP, so we were thinking rope drop, followed by NRJ. Then use FP+ for NRJ later and standby FoP again later. For someone who loves all of AK, would you think once is enough for NRJ? Use FP+ for the only ride and go ahead and hit Safari 2nd instead after rope dropping FoP? This is 10/9 with 8AM EMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter