***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree- a lot of wasted time back and forth which is why I was thinking of trying to do FOP at rope drop so we wouldnt have to go back. We only have 3 days in the park, which is why we are doing the split day. We are doing MNSSHP the day we get in, and a full MK day the following day... so maybe we can split the MK day with DHS? Or just miss out on some DHS stuff and catch it next year...
Thinking out loud.

Overall I just don't want to be stressed out, and the back & forth of our current plans already seems stressful so something has to change.
IF Express bus is still running on your trip it would be doable to hop alot. Without that-no way. We used Express bus one day to hop all 4 parks (got a FP in each park for good attractions too!)

This has been a REALLY survey-heavy trip!! I've already received 5 and we haven't gone home yet.

I gave Pandora high marks, but had to be honest here... :D

View attachment 262086
I go mobile ordering/MDE experience one and an AK one and maybe another one? I remember answering questions about transportation too.

Hoping to get some input on our second AK morning. Our first morning we will do am EMH rope drop with FoP, then maybe NRJ, then also ride FoP with a Fastpass from 9-10. Our second morning also happens to be an EMH day and we also have FoP from 9-10. We won't want to bother with the crowds for that morning so don't plan to get there until shortly before EMH rather than much earlier.

Do we:
1) Go directly to Pandora and ride NRJ, then head out and head to Everest for a couple rides with low crowds, before going back to Pandora for our FP, or
2) Go direct to Everest and ride a couple times, then head to Pandora and do NRJ, then use the FP?

This is also going to be our 4-park attempt and we would want to head to DHS soon after to knock that park out too.

I have no experience with Pandora yet, but from what I have been reasons I would still head to Navi first. Waits will build there much more quickly.

Hoping to get some input on our second AK morning. Our first morning we will do am EMH rope drop with FoP, then maybe NRJ, then also ride FoP with a Fastpass from 9-10. Our second morning also happens to be an EMH day and we also have FoP from 9-10. We won't want to bother with the crowds for that morning so don't plan to get there until shortly before EMH rather than much earlier.

Do we:
1) Go directly to Pandora and ride NRJ, then head out and head to Everest for a couple rides with low crowds, before going back to Pandora for our FP, or
2) Go direct to Everest and ride a couple times, then head to Pandora and do NRJ, then use the FP?

This is also going to be our 4-park attempt and we would want to head to DHS soon after to knock that park out too.
Option 1.

This may have been answered, but there's a lot of pages to sift through!

If you do fastpass for FOP, do you miss out on the navi animatronic in the water tube? Or can you still see that just as well as if you were in the regular line?

Thanks!

Got our 4 FPs for 11:45 am on the 7th and last day of our trip! It seemed like there were lots of times available but I was focused on it not being too early or too late. Hopefully, I will feel well enough after riding to enjoy lunch at the Canteen! The rest of my FOs went smoothly until around 7:15 am when it was taking the greyed out confirm button longer and longer to turn green. I ended up changing from my phone to my desktop and it went a lot quicker. There will be tweaking at a later date, but for now, yay for getting FoP!

What's the bus schedule from Poly to AK? To be there at 7am for EMH we would have to leave Poly early by 6:30am or so.

My DD18 and I were at AK on Saturday and did rope drop AM EMH to get on FOP. We got to AK about 7:40 and there was already quite a crowd outside. WE followed the crowd to Pandora and had about an hour wait to ride. We both really enjoyed it but...after reading about people saying it induced less motion sensitivity than Soarin'...I have to disagree. I'd say it's easier than Mission Space but way way more confusing to the brain than Soarin! If/when I ride it again, I'll need dramamine! I'm surprised there aren't warnings in the cue like Mission Space! But...I thought it was amazing!
I agree it's definitely gives you way more motion than Soarin...by far...but for me, the fact that you can ride it like you are controlling the movements, even though you actually are not...it changes the way it messes with your senses. It didn't make me feel dizzy. Folks will just have to try it and see, you can always close your eyes if it gets too intense. But...it is now my favorite ride and I don't do any thrill rides and I'm selective about simulated rides as well.

This may have been answered, but there's a lot of pages to sift through!

If you do fastpass for FOP, do you miss out on the navi animatronic in the water tube? Or can you still see that just as well as if you were in the regular line?

Thanks!

Yes, you do miss out on the navi animatronic.

If I'm not mistaken, the last time they extended they announced it within a few days of the previous time ending. Holding out hope!!

Awesome! Although I do think it's kinda ridiculous that for a place that makes you book your lunch six months in advance they will only give you a few hours notice about their parks' hours changing.

Rope dropped flight of passage this morning, 8/16. Arrived at 7:45. We were in the annual pass line, so slightly shorter, but once in it was a bit of a free for all. Luckily my family of four managed to get through quickly and was off the ride by 9:06. We fast passed Nav'i River. Once was enough, as it was not very exciting. Visually beautiful though. As someone who gets motion sick on most things, including all Disney roller coasters, FOP left me feeling good. My family is looking forward to using fast passes later this week to ride again!

IF Express bus is still running on your trip it would be doable to hop alot. Without that-no way. We used Express bus one day to hop all 4 parks (got a FP in each park for good attractions too!)
Just want to let ya'll know that the last day to purchase the Express bus service is today and the last day it will run is August 23rd, so if you are not at the parks now, you shouldn't count on the Express bus service.
If I'm not mistaken, the last time they extended they announced it within a few days of the previous time ending. Holding out hope!!
I keep checking the calendar! If they are not adding EMH to every night, they at least need to add it to a couple of nights per week. The demand (and lines) have remained high!

So I was finally just now able to snag two fastpasses for FOP for our quick pre-cruise trip on Friday Sept 1st. They are for 8:20-9:20pm. At our 180 days I booked us a reservation for the ROL Package at Tusker House. Right now it looks like ROL will start at 8:45 that night. We have not seen ROL yet so we would like to see it, however I think FOP may be more important.

So I have two questions, one relates to the above situation and the other regarding rider swap. I'll start with the rider swap. We are a party of four DW, MIL, niece, and DD age 2. As explained above I was only able to get two fastpasses as of now for my self and my wife. Will we be able to use rider swap for my MIL and niece even though we only have two fast passes and they don't? I know fastpasses have nothing to do with rider swap but I could see how this could be viewed as trying to beat the system. I thinking we will but wanted any possible confirmation that could be offered.

My second question is, is it possible to ride FOP before ROL, grab the rider swap, watch ROL and then go back to FOP for the other half of our party to ride? Or would we be better off using our fastpass for after ROL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter