*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh... Fantasmic lite... some of the projections are pretty but overall it was boring to me

Agreed. I really wanted to like it, but couldn't even watch it all. I think my expectations were so high because of the hype. Had to fast forward a bit just to get through it.

Fantastic lite, without the Disney characters. And I had to fast forward too. We aren't big Animal Kingdom fans. I'll skip it & leave more room for the rest of you.

Yes

Very, very soon.
But not within the next two weeks? Feb. 12th was the original rumored date, thats within the next two weeks.

DCharacterNews on twitter is reporting we could see a parks blog announcement tomorrow.

Thanks for the info you could say. Who knows how long it'll be then. In that case we won't even bother trying to wait for it if it's still kind of far off, and we'll go before it starts. Otherwise it gets too ridiculous trying to wait for something you never know when it'll be and it's still probably some mysterious date moderately far in the future.

I took fastpasser's responses as a whole to indicate that perhaps it's opening for nightly shows sooner than in the next two weeks, but perhaps I read what I wanted to. Guess we'll see soon.

Thanks for the info you could say. Who knows how long it'll be then. In that case we won't even bother trying to wait for it if it's still kind of far off, and we'll go before it starts. Otherwise it gets too ridiculous trying to wait for something you never know when it'll be and it's still probably some mysterious date moderately far in the future.

I read it the other way as well. It says to start changing your plans. We'll be there on March 3rd for the DVC member party. Now I'm thinking I should probably work in March 4th for ROL. We are now on trip number five since ROL was originally supposed to debut, so I sort of feel like Charlie Brown and Disney is Lucy with the football, but I am hoping that this time will be the lucky visit. However, I've already got my FPs for the 4th, and I don't feel like giving them up, and I'm not keen on waiting for the standby seating. I'd love to get my hands on one of those Flame Tree dinner packages. Any hints or ideas about when those might be available? If it were to be announced on the blog tomorrow, is it likely the dining packages will hit then too? I'll be in meetings all day, so I will have to be checking my machine surreptitiously to watch for updates

I took fastpasser's responses as a whole to indicate that perhaps it's opening for nightly shows sooner than in the next two weeks, but perhaps I read what I wanted to. Guess we'll see soon.
I said within the next two weeks that could mean tomorrow or two weeks from now. I don't think you can get any sooner than that.

I moved a few days of our trip last May to AKL thinking we would be doing all the "night time" stuff at AK. Even with previews I am not changing anything for our trip in March until this is running consistently.

The ROL dining package is up on the website with first availability of 2/17 but can't be booked yet, says to call

I said within the next two weeks that could mean tomorrow or two weeks from now. I don't think you can get any sooner than that.
I agree. Others had taken it to mean further out in the future than the two weeks. Either way, looking very good now for our early march trip!

Did anyone else stop watching the video because they want to save the "Magic" for when they see it in person? I am such a kid at heart!!

Yes i started to watch but then quickly stopped not wanting to spoil it when I see it live at the end of March

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter