*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I don't think we have any ideas how much "Standby" seating will be available for each show

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if anyone had experience with how standby worked when they were running Jungle Book. I know it's possible/likely it will be different, but just for an idea. :earsboy:

I'm sure they'll find their footing on revised showings of this but it looks like a total snore fest.

My plans (ADRs and FP+ booked) have us in AK on April 7. A night when ROL is dark. Is there a chance shows will be added?

I'm debating switching around days but I fear I won't be able to replicate all my fastpasses. (I'd be switching with a HS day and TSMM is the favorite ride in The World for most of us. I wish I could see if all the fastpasses I want to switch were available before I started giving up my current fp.

Or we could hop over to AK for one of the shows later in our week. But since we already have fp scheduled in another park I wouldn't be able to get one for ROL unless it was available as a 4th fp.

Or I could spend $15/person to add a day to our tickets and head over to AK on one of our rest days. Of course, I'm sure we could find other uses for that extra day so it wouldn't be spent all just for ROL.

Any thoughts?

My plans (ADRs and FP+ booked) have us in AK on April 7. A night when ROL is dark. Is there a chance shows will be added?

I'm debating switching around days but I fear I won't be able to replicate all my fastpasses. (I'd be switching with a HS day and TSMM is the favorite ride in The World for most of us. I wish I could see if all the fastpasses I want to switch were available before I started giving up my current fp.

Or we could hop over to AK for one of the shows later in our week. But since we already have fp scheduled in another park I wouldn't be able to get one for ROL unless it was available as a 4th fp.

Or I could spend $15/person to add a day to our tickets and head over to AK on one of our rest days. Of course, I'm sure we could find other uses for that extra day so it wouldn't be spent all just for ROL.

Any thoughts?

If you can add a day for only $15 pp then I would just add the day rather than spending a bunch of time trying to rearrange a day. Disney doesn't make rearranging plans easy. One thing always affects something else. That would be the simplest solution. You say "one of our rest days" so i'm assuming you have more than one planned so you'd still have one more?! (We have AP's tho and never have "rest days" tho.)

Well I am bummed! have had my dining ressies since 180 days out, days all planned out, FP chosen and the two days we are in AK coming up, they aren't showing ROL :(

Discounting everything that has happened with the show up until a few weeks ago, who's surprised that things have turned around so quickly? I'm sure that there was some skepticism yesterday when it was hinted, but not said outright, that it would be announced very soon and would also open very soon, but it was a known fact that it was going to be announced today and that it would open very soon afterwards. So, are we happy now?

Because it hasn't gotten a lot of attention, there is one more thing of interest which will begin on March 12th at AK, the “Caring for Giants" tour. Click on the link for info.
http://www.familyvacationsus.com/animal-kingdom/

We are there in May. ROL is showing up in the calendar for every night at 9:15 only, however the dining packages are giving a show time of 7:15??

Just booked a fast pass for 2/23. Thanks to all who have been watching and updating us all!

I'm starting to wonder how hard this show will be to get into.

There's usually only 1, sometimes 2, shows a night and they're not even every night.

It will be nightly starting April 9th with 2 shows for a couple of weeks.
On the days that have two showings, what is the elapsed time between the two shows, do you know?

In June they only have 1 show listed at 9:15 and they extended hours until 10pm. My guess would be there will be two shows but they may not list them until they maybe extend hours to 11 (in mid May when they do their usual extension). Total guess on my part though.

So for using dining credits for the package... Is Tusker House 1 credit and Tiffins 2 credits?

We are there in May. ROL is showing up in the calendar for every night at 9:15 only, however the dining packages are giving a show time of 7:15??
I looked at my package and didn't see anything about 7:15 but mine is booked for June. However, the showtime when looking at the show page is 9:15.

Regardless there is no way it will be at 7:15 because it won't be dark by then.

We got a 10:30am ADR at Tusker House for a ROL dining package on an EMH morning. So excited for our brunch and not have to stress about seats!! :banana:

I think I will book the dining package for first week of June - is Tusker House a character meal for all three meals? We are probably going to want to have a sit down lunch anyway to get out of the heat, and the kids love the character meals.

I think I will book the dining package for first week of June - is Tusker House a character meal for all three meals? We are probably going to want to have a sit down lunch anyway to get out of the heat, and the kids love the character meals.
Yes, it is.

Any thoughts?
My plans were the same - ROL Friday 4/7. We leave on 4/8. I ended up getting FP+ and then also booking Dining package at Tusker house on 4/6, so we can decide what we want to do...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter