*OFFICIAL* Rivers of Light Details - Showtimes/Dining/FastPass+/Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked a dining package for 6/8, TH breakfast, but because we are planning Sanaa for early dinner and we only want to do one TS that day, I am hoping for a FP (can't book til April). However, with all the Pandora hoopla, we'll have to play it all by ear.

I LOVED the video and can't wait to see it in person. Maybe it's because I'm a big old sap, maybe it's because of the tensions in our world right now, but the "We are One" song choked me up a little bit.

I know that we've waited a long time for this and some may not think there is a wow factor, but I couldn't help thinking about what an awesome place Disney is that they can create something so beautiful for us to see.

Can't wait for May!!!!

We'll be in AK on 2/24. Do I NEED a FP? We already have everything booked and planned, but I could ditch my Mickey/Minnie M&G for this if it's needed. What's it like if you don't have a FP? Do you need to be in line crazy early?

Rats, I will be there next week. No Fastpasses or dining packages for me :).

Hi, all. Booked (online) the Tusker House dinner ROL dining package for 2/17. Hopefully the "premium" seating is in a good spot.

The seating is like fantasmic seating but on a smaller scale, so not a bad seat anywhere.
Dining Package folks enter on the side near Dinoland.
Fastpass and stand by seating enters on the other side

I booked my pkg for Mar 12 10:15a breakfast.
No earlier times were available, but plenty of lunch/dinner times available.
For those that are new to dining packages: Remember to book your pkg here:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/animal-kingdom/rivers-of-light-dining-package/

Last edited:
We'll be in AK on 2/24. Do I NEED a FP? We already have everything booked and planned, but I could ditch my Mickey/Minnie M&G for this if it's needed. What's it like if you don't have a FP? Do you need to be in line crazy early?
being a show that has been expected for a while now, being that it is not showing everynight, I would switchc the meet and greet fp for RoL. The standby line will be very long

Ah, this is exciting. SO happy to be reading that FP+ and dining packages are booking. This means that we will be able to see ROL this August. It was a real disappointment to not see it last summer. ROL, and Avatar Land both in the same year, 2017 is looking good!

Well we won't know for sure how standby will go until 2/17. I'm sure it will be popular and I'm sure you'll have to get there early. If you really want to do it then I'd switch the FP. If it's not that important then I'd take your chances.

Booked a FP for 3/30 at 8:05 PM, so looks like park hours will extend. Show is at 8:45 PM.

I wish they had more than just those 2 restaurants.
There isn't a whole lot of choice when it comes to dining in AK. Both are very good restaurants in my opinion. One a buffet and one that I have not yet been to but everyone raves about.

I just booked a dining package for our upcoming March trip. I'm so glad they are getting night time stuff in gear for AK.

There isn't a whole lot of choice when it comes to dining in AK. Both are very good restaurants in my opinion. One a buffet and one that I have not yet been to but everyone raves about.

I am just wishing for Yak and Yeti :) We've done Tusker House already and I don't think my little one will be happy at Tiffin's lol

Agree about few choices in AK.
Since Yak n Yeti is owned by Landry I haven't ever seen dining pkgs available through them.
Hoping that the new restaurant in Pandora is TS, so pkgs can be booked through them as well for a 3rd option.

I don't think there is a show on 2/24.

being a show that has been expected for a while now, being that it is not showing everynight, I would switchc the meet and greet fp for RoL. The standby line will be very long

Well we won't know for sure how standby will go until 2/17. I'm sure it will be popular and I'm sure you'll have to get there early. If you really want to do it then I'd switch the FP. If it's not that important then I'd take your chances.

I don't think there is a show on 2/24.

Thanks guys, I went ahead and switched. At least we have it and hopefully my kids will be able to make it through the full day so we can see it! And yes, you're right, no show on 2/24. I meant we will be there 2/23.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter