***Official September 2022 Thread***

I did the plaza view for January and I think it's better than the terrace view, although I'll find out for sure next month since I'm doing regular fireworks that way. I just don't feel like fighting for a spot for either. Sometimes I'd just rather pay to avoid aggravation and wasting time from the party I could be using for photos and a few rides to hold down a spot for fireworks or the parade. But I'm a solo traveler and this is a Disney bucket list experience for me, to do the MNSSHP, I want to make the most out of it.

This must have been a popular enough upsell for it to be brought back, but you have to wonder how popular. How can a family justify doubling the cost by this add on? September party tickets are almost the same price as just this dessert party?
It's just DH and me on this trip, so it wasn't so hard to decide to pay for the dessert party for our normal MK day, no party. I'm glad we'll have a spot in the fenced area, but I'm a little worried about getting out of there to try to squeeze in a couple more rides before 10PM closing.

Any tips for swimming upstream after fireworks? I've only done it once, so not a ton of experience here. Last trip I took just one of my kids with me to Splash and POTC and it worked out.

Disney has removed the verbiage from their website that several G+ attractions would move back to $LL after August 7th! That means we will have only 1 $LL per park during our trip! 🙌🏻

https://blogmickey.com/2022/08/disn...ill-not-revert-genie-offerings-on-august-7th/

Yay! I have been wondering about this. I just hope GotG stays VQ, that will help us since we are doing EP on arrival day and can't RD.

ETA: Wait, does this mean GotG will be $ILL only and VQ will end? VQ is not mentioned in the post.

It's just DH and me on this trip, so it wasn't so hard to decide to pay for the dessert party for our normal MK day, no party. I'm glad we'll have a spot in the fenced area, but I'm a little worried about getting out of there to try to squeeze in a couple more rides before 10PM closing.

Any tips for swimming upstream after fireworks? I've only done it once, so not a ton of experience here. Last trip I took just one of my kids with me to Splash and POTC and it worked out.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be of help here, but maybe someone else in the group can. I did the after fireworks party so I went straight from the plaza to the dessert party. By the time that was over with the earlier park hours at that time it was basically just everyone leaving.

Yay! I have been wondering about this. I just hope GotG stays VQ, that will help us since we are doing EP on arrival day and can't RD.

ETA: Wait, does this mean GotG will be $ILL only and VQ will end? VQ is not mentioned in the post.
At the end of this blog, Tom seems to think the VQ won't last through August. SO SAD!!

Okay, okay joining the trip planning convo 😊

9/5: Drive from beach to GF, Lunch at GF Café, check-in, and enjoy the resort

9/6: Rope drop MK in AM, nap for DD, HS in the evening (hoping Fantasmic does NOT return so lower crowds), hoping for a Sci-Fi ressy

9/7: Pool day, 3:30p “linner” at ‘Ohana

9/8: Rope drop Epcot in AM, Via Napoli lunch, nap for DD, DAK (meeting friends) until closing then hoping to scoot back to MK to catch Enchantment (our DD’s first Disney firework experience!!)

9/9: Slow morning, meet friends for Brunch at GF Café, check-out

We’re going to try not to purchase Genie+ and instead “zig when most people zag” as suggested on Disney Tourist Blog. Anyone have any experience with this? We’re early morning people and I’m setting my expectations low when it comes to must-do rides this go around.

At the end of this blog, Tom seems to think the VQ won't last through August. SO SAD!!

With the ILL set up, Genie has every incentive to eliminate VQ as long as soon as possible. With how long it's staying open at 1pm, everyone who really wants to get on it can do so with a reasonable wait *for free*. Gasp!!

This going to standby will make G+ more competitive because front of park RD folks have to pick between RDing this and Test Track. Plus, they'll be able to jack up the cost of this ILL once the alternatives to ride (presumably crowded RD, long line, last thing of the day) push more folks into just paying so that they can guarantee a pleasant ride experience.

VQs absolutely cost Disney money in the G+/ILL model and we're probably lucky they've kept it this long.

I think this is our final plan for the 7 of us. 4 adults, a 15 month old, 6 and 8 year old. (This is me, my husband, daughter, and son in law) Hubby and I may be skipping later night parks to go with the flow of the children's sleep.

9/2 Arrive a day early at POP Eat dinner at POP Food Court (unless Beaches and Cream ressie comes avail.) Ride the Skyliner!
9/3 Sat. Check in GF and pool day Ohanas for Dinner
9/4 Sun. Pool day Breakfast at GF Quick Service Dinner Storybook at Wilderness Lodge
9/5 Mon MK Quick Service Meals Epcot for Extra Hours that night
9/6 Tues AK Quick Service Meals MK for Fireworks Dessert Party Seats and Treats
9/7 Wed Epcot Space 220 Lunch GF Cafe for Dinner Extra Hours at MK that night
9/8 Thurs. HS Liberty Tree Tavern for late dinner at MK
9/9 Fri MK later in the day GF Cafe Breakfast Dinner Chef Mickeys
9/10 Sat. AK (Anniversary for my Daughter they are going to California Grill) Hubby and I are taking kids to Poly
Quick Service
9/11 Sun Epcot later in the day Topolinos Breakfast
9/12 Mon HS Harmonious Fireworks Dinner at Crown and Rose Epcot That evening
9/13 Mk Ohanas Breakfast
9/14 Epcot Quick Service Meals Extra Hours MK (last day)
9/15 Check out and home to North Carolina

This should be our final plan. DD & SIL will join us 9/3-9/8 then DH & I will have 3 days to ourselves.

9/3 flight arrives @ 7:50 AM spending the first half of the day at Disney Springs- lunch @ Raglan Road then afternoon @ pool.

9/4 MK rope drop. I haven't done this since the kids were little but DD is demanding to do so every morning they are there, lol. Park hopping to DHS for dinner @ Sci-Fi

9/5 AK for first half of day. Mid-day break back over to AKL Jambo. Dinner @ BOG & then it will be time for MNSSHP! I'm disappointed that we will be missing the evening hours @ Epcot. I really enjoyed that during our January trip.

9/6 DHS Oga's for drinks. Park hopping to Epcot for dinner @ San Angel Inn

9/7 Epcot late lunch @ Space 220. Park hop to MK for extra evening hours.

9/8 Breakfast @ Boma & the kids head home. Then AK for DH & I. Dinner @ Jiko

9/9 Epcot lunch @ Space 220 lounge. Dinner @ Flying Fish

9/10 MK we will boat over to WL to explore & have Story Book Dining @ Artist Point. I'm really looking forward to this & the kids weren't the least bit interested. Then we have late reservations for drinks @ Oga's.

9/11 brunch @ Wine Bar George & then over to AK before we have to catch late flight.

Okay, okay joining the trip planning convo 😊

9/5: Drive from beach to GF, Lunch at GF Café, check-in, and enjoy the resort

9/6: Rope drop MK in AM, nap for DD, HS in the evening (hoping Fantasmic does NOT return so lower crowds), hoping for a Sci-Fi ressy

9/7: Pool day, 3:30p “linner” at ‘Ohana

9/8: Rope drop Epcot in AM, Via Napoli lunch, nap for DD, DAK (meeting friends) until closing then hoping to scoot back to MK to catch Enchantment (our DD’s first Disney firework experience!!)

9/9: Slow morning, meet friends for Brunch at GF Café, check-out

We’re going to try not to purchase Genie+ and instead “zig when most people zag” as suggested on Disney Tourist Blog. Anyone have any experience with this? We’re early morning people and I’m setting my expectations low when it comes to must-do rides this go around.
Everything looks great about your plans except I hope FANTASMIC! returns in September. ;)

This should be our final plan. DD & SIL will join us 9/3-9/8 then DH & I will have 3 days to ourselves.

9/3 flight arrives @ 7:50 AM spending the first half of the day at Disney Springs- lunch @ Raglan Road then afternoon @ pool.

9/4 MK rope drop. I haven't done this since the kids were little but DD is demanding to do so every morning they are there, lol. Park hopping to DHS for dinner @ Sci-Fi

9/5 AK for first half of day. Mid-day break back over to AKL Jambo. Dinner @ BOG & then it will be time for MNSSHP! I'm disappointed that we will be missing the evening hours @ Epcot. I really enjoyed that during our January trip.

9/6 DHS Oga's for drinks. Park hopping to Epcot for dinner @ San Angel Inn

9/7 Epcot late lunch @ Space 220. Park hop to MK for extra evening hours.

9/8 Breakfast @ Boma & the kids head home. Then AK for DH & I. Dinner @ Jiko

9/9 Epcot lunch @ Space 220 lounge. Dinner @ Flying Fish

9/10 MK we will boat over to WL to explore & have Story Book Dining @ Artist Point. I'm really looking forward to this & the kids weren't the least bit interested. Then we have late reservations for drinks @ Oga's.

9/11 brunch @ Wine Bar George & then over to AK before we have to catch late flight.
We will be overlapping so many of these days and parks! Very very similar vibes here 😅

Has anyone's MB+ status change yet (that ordered through MDE with your resort reservation) to show shipped? Mine still says in progress and the pending charge has dropped off of our CC. Beginning to wonder if I made a mistake in getting one and having enough time for it to get shipped before our trip. Those darn Magicband shipments seem to always take forever to get here in the past. They like to take the scenic route usually.

Has anyone's MB+ status change yet (that ordered through MDE with your resort reservation) to show shipped? Mine still says in progress and the pending charge has dropped off of our CC. Beginning to wonder if I made a mistake in getting one and having enough time for it to get shipped before our trip. Those darn Magicband shipments seem to always take forever to get here in the past. They like to take the scenic route usually.
Mine shows shipped with a tracking number. But when I track the shipment it says it's on it's way to a USPS facility.

Has anyone's MB+ status change yet (that ordered through MDE with your resort reservation) to show shipped?
One of my two MB+ orders is showing as shipped with a tracking number.

The other is still showing in progress.

Yes, I ordered mine the first day they were available through MDE.

Mine is exactly the same. In progress, pending charge dropped. I ordered mine the first day it was available on MDE and it sounds like some progress is being made on this since some people are showing shipped. It is odd that they wouldn't ship together though @wizardtho. Can I ask what style you ordered? Same question for @ktink. Could they be shipping by style? I mean if it were me and I were using logic, I would go in order of date of arrival. But that could be too much logic for Disney.

Today, we are 30 days from checking in!! If anyone else needs to pre register for the DAS ( disability pass) I went through the process this morning with minimal hiccups. I’m happy to have that behind us! Trip is paid in full, ADRs are set, waiting on my Magicband+ to ship, I guess all that’s left is packing!
In catching up, I saw people mention the magic band + not shipping yet. There have been some connectivity issues reported with the 50th Anniversary bands so those might be delayed. That’s the one I ordered and I have not gotten a shipping notification yet.

Everything looks great about your plans except I hope FANTASMIC! returns in September. ;)

Me too for FANTASMIC!!!
We've not ever seen Fantasmic (*gasp*) so I'm sure my ignorance is playing into this. I just keep hearing reports of people leaving HS in the evening to see Enchanted...but I suppose if we didn't see Fantasmic and rode HS rides instead it would have the same effect. Hmmm.... :)

Anyone want to share their opinion on Sci-Fi Diner vs 50's Prime Time? We currently have a 50's Prime Time but I think DD (3.5 y/o) would prefer Sci-Fi for the big screens - she's not been to a movie theater before. Is it worth the incessant checking of MDE?

Anyone want to share their opinion on Sci-Fi Diner vs 50's Prime Time? We currently have a 50's Prime Time but I think DD (3.5 y/o) would prefer Sci-Fi for the big screens - she's not been to a movie theater before. Is it worth the incessant checking of MDE?
How many people are in your party? At Sci-Fi, I think it's two people to a row. One person might be sitting by themselves, also facing forward...

I went with 50s Prime Time also based on the menu options. My wife liked the food there better. We're going with a 3 year old and 5 year old. Sci-Fi would be too distracting for them.

We also watched videos of both experiences, and my kids were more excited for 50s Prime Time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter