**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I just wanted to remind people that for the dessert party they place tables outside the general dessert/drink area. They actually have several right next to the benches lining the wall right across from the Chewbacca meet.If you are there early you can grab one of those tables even before they let you in and you will have a bench available. You wouldn't need to worry about the tour people since you will already have a table, of course they will still get first picks at the food and drinks but those are plentiful and don't run out

I just wanted to remind people that for the dessert party they place tables outside the general dessert/drink area. They actually have several right next to the benches lining the wall right across from the Chewbacca meet.If you are there early you can grab one of those tables even before they let you in and you will have a bench available. You wouldn't need to worry about the tour people since you will already have a table, of course they will still get first picks at the food and drinks but those are plentiful and don't run out
Yes, I'm thinking about doing this, then alternating my sister and myself to go in and grab food. I'm sure we will appreciate the benches.

How far away are the benches from the party?

Good to know - thanks!

So, just to clarify the logistics of this....if you come into the launch bay from the other entrance rather than line up for the Dessert party, as a way to snag one of those benches, how do you get checked in, and get the credentials for the party? I'm assuming you send folks one at a time to the check-in while the other(s) stays at the benches? Guess I'm just a bit confused about details....

You get there early, sign-in at the podium outside, come in the regular entryway, go down the stairs. There you will find a wall-length bench. There are tall tables there set up for the party as well, situated away from the bench. You won't actually be able to sit and eat at them unless there is a way to pull them toward the benches. Even then, you would be constantly reaching up high to place your drink/plate. The table top would be higher than your head, I think if you were sitting on the bench.
exactly. Not like a regular table and chair, but you can sit with a plate in your hands and eat.
@jlundeen make sure to watch the video on page 1 post number 4 and you will see the benches and tables I'm talking about

Can anyone confirm tours are 4x a week?
Mon, Wed, Fri & Sat.
Oh no, I've been relegated to chopped liver? Just kidding, the tour days were buried in a long post and you probably didn't notice it. Trust me on this, it's confirmed.

The start time does change starting in late Aug to 2:30 then to 2:00 in late Sept.

Did anyone notice this:
"Imperial Advanced Weapons Research Troopers appeared from time to time in front of the Chinese Theater and posed for photos with guests (albeit without Disney PhotoPass Photographers) this week June 27-July 2, 2017"
View attachment 247709

Link: https://www.mouseplanet.com/11813/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update_for_June_27__July_2_2017
:love:
some characters from SWaGFFA have been meeting while the show was on hiatus. Now that it is back on I don't think these characters will be out walking around, but I hope the do...another character that was out was Boba Fett

some characters from SWaGFFA have been meeting while the show was on hiatus. Now that it is back on I don't think these characters will be out walking around, but I hope the do...another character that was out was Boba Fett

This is not good news! Aren't you suppose to lift our spirits?! :badpc:
I so want to meet Boba Fett! Maybe you can ask a friend of yours to make this happen, I'm sure all of us here would be grateful!!! :scratchin

We attended the party on Tue., June 20th. I can't remember exactly when we arrived, but it was after the line had been let in, so we ended up grabbing a table against the wall near the jawas, outside of the actual party area. It was right across from the stairs where the nutella station was set up. We loved the Galactic Punch! I think the only desserts that really stood out for me were the nutella and the Darth Vader cupcake. The others were ok, but nothing special. I did like the pita bread with hummus. It was nice having a savory option with all the sweet. We had done the meet & greets earlier in the day with Kylo, Chewbacca & BB-8, so didn't need to do them during the party. It was fun following the storm troopers out to the viewing area, but there was more of a jam of people getting out of Launch Bay than I expected. We had a great view right behind the rope for the handicap area. We received the Chewie steins and I ended up giving mine to a nice lady in the gift shop later that night when she asked where we bought them because she wanted to go get one. I'm glad we did the party, but I don't know that I feel the need to do it again.

We attended the party on Tue., June 20th. I can't remember exactly when we arrived, but it was after the line had been let in, so we ended up grabbing a table against the wall near the jawas, outside of the actual party area. It was right across from the stairs where the nutella station was set up. We loved the Galactic Punch! I think the only desserts that really stood out for me were the nutella and the Darth Vader cupcake. The others were ok, but nothing special. I did like the pita bread with hummus. It was nice having a savory option with all the sweet. We had done the meet & greets earlier in the day with Kylo, Chewbacca & BB-8, so didn't need to do them during the party. It was fun following the storm troopers out to the viewing area, but there was more of a jam of people getting out of Launch Bay than I expected. We had a great view right behind the rope for the handicap area. We received the Chewie steins and I ended up giving mine to a nice lady in the gift shop later that night when she asked where we bought them because she wanted to go get one. I'm glad we did the party, but I don't know that I feel the need to do it again.

You were at the party the same night we were. Glad we left early then and didn't wait for the Stormtroopers if people were jostling. We were also at the ropes behind the disabled section in the far right corner if you're looking at the Chinese Theatre. Had the perfect view from there with no one in front of us at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter