**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Agreed, I am hoping for a late 2019 opening but wouldn't plan my trip around it or specifically for it.
Progress on construction is coming along nicely though

We were hoping September would be late enough in the year by that point. The problem is now that we have been researching about how to save and discussing it, we want to go now, lol.

We were hoping September would be late enough in the year by that point. The problem is now that we have been researching about how to save and discussing it, we want to go now, lol.
If you have the means I would plan a trip for next year to take advantage of the TSLand opening and then maybe 2020 to be sure that SWLand is open

So much for hoping that they would have both shows and both parties on different nights. I did wonder if it was too out of the box for Disney to offer it.
I really don't understand why?
Most people plan on coming to Disney for more than a day
It would probably increase the purchase of park hoppers
It wouldn't cost Disney anything extra (put out 1 show and 1 party a night)
It would make everyone happy

Is there a best way to stay updated with how on track SWLand is? BTW, we know we'd never afford the SWhotel so that isn't an issue for us.

Is there a best way to stay updated with how on track SWLand is? BTW, we know we'd never afford the SWhotel so that isn't an issue for us.

Disney itself doesn't give meaningful progress updates, but reading forums like this one regularly is probably the best way to keep up to date.

How certain is everyone that Galaxy's Edge will open on time in 2019? We want to start planning for September 2019. Also, when would Disney open to book for those dates? Thanks!

Rumors/estimations say spring 2019 for DL and fall 2019 for WDW. No doubt, with it's popularity, Disney will do their best to get these lands open "on time". Not saying the estimations won't change, but I don't think we're looking at a year delay or anything. However, I do agree that planning a fall 2019 trip around it is risky. If it is important to you, I'd push to after the new year at least.

@rteetz keeps a couple of pretty good threads going regarding HS & SWGE. You can find lots of updates, theories, and some facts over in the Rumors forum.
HS Updates
SWGE News
Rumor Tracking

For those that will have one or two beers or wines, at Disney prices, it pretty much covers the increase.
For me, I would be replacing the mixed drinks with wine, most likely, and DH would be replacing the drinks with beer....I'm assuming this would be the case with most people, so technically people wouldn't be drinking more, and therefore Disney wouldn't need to recoup costs by charging more. But it's certainly a good ploy to get away with it, imo.

I'm sure we will pony up for it when we return to DHS, though.

I want to echo the many thanks to @FastPasser.
The SWaGS schedule is updated on the WDW site
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-spectacular/
from 11/01 to 11/04 it's at 8pm
11/05 to 11/08 at 6:45pm
then it's dark until Dec. 15th when it's at 9pm
Dec. 16th is dark, I'm almost 100% sure that's Galactic Nights night
Dec. 17th through Dec 23rd at 9pm
Dec 24th through Dec 30th at 10pm
Dec 31st at midnight
So JBJB ends Dec 14?

Or are both shows running the last 2 weeks like they did last year?

therefore Disney wouldn't need to recoup costs by charging more. But it's certainly a good ploy to get away with it, imo.
I'm shocked that they would do such a thing.

In all fairness though, there is an expense incurred in having to simply stock the bar with beer and wine. Add the profit margin and voila, that'll be $10 please. And you're right, in most cases it's one or the other, but they know you'll pay more for the option of having beer and wine.

I'm strictly a wine drinker and paying $10 plus dollars for a glass of wine at WDW kills me because I know full well what it costs.

So I assume on the dates when SWaGS is back at 9:30 late in Dec, it will be the Star Wars dessert party?
That is my question too, as I thought that throughout December (11/7-12/31) that JBJB would be showing. So with all of the dates for SWAG during December (12/15 and after 12/17) at like 9 or 10 pm (even on park days when the hours are listed as closing at 8 or 9pm) does this mean that JBJB is only primarily in November and will end on 12/15? Or will they still have the SWAG fireworks and alternate the dessert parties when JBJB shows? So will the SWAG event time mean a SWAG dessert party on those nights or will they just have the fireworks and JBJB earlier with a dessert party? (Maybe we won't know for sure until JBJB times are released)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter