**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

They'll do that only if it's going to rain. Had to do it once or twice last year and it's nowhere near as nice as having it in the courtyard. It's not the venue that I'm questioning, but if JBJB is at 6:30, guests will have to arrive between 4:30 and 5 for the party. It's just a departure from the norm.
I agree it is really early. I love the courtyard setting as well. Do you think the courtyard will go behind walls during the change to the new ride?

Do you think the courtyard will go behind walls during the change to the new ride?
If you look at the satellite images of the GMR, you'll notice that the Chinese Theater facade extension is a totally separate structure from the actual ride building. From what I've heard, the new attraction will be built inside the main building behind the theater. If they wanted to, and for all I know, they could remove the structure that connects the facade to the main building and the theater would be a stand alone structure.

If you look at the satellite images of the GMR, you'll notice that the Chinese Theater facade extension is a totally separate structure from the actual ride building. From what I've heard, the new attraction will be built inside the main building behind the theater. If they wanted to, and for all I know, they could remove the structure that connects the facade to the main building and the theater would be a stand alone structure.
Yeah I knew that, I'm just wondering if they would just completely block off the courtyard while the are working on the attraction, then move the party indoors

Does anyone know when the October afternoon SW tours will be released? We've booked an 8am tour (10/9) and would really like the afternoon so we can use FP+ and rope drop in the morning. Our FP+ window opens at 4am AZ time Tuesday and I'd like to get them set and not have to change later on.

Cast members on the tour phone line have little to no info at this point.
Thanks
Mike

Does anyone know when the October afternoon SW tours will be released? We've booked an 8am tour (10/9) and would really like the afternoon so we can use FP+ and rope drop in the morning. Our FP+ window opens at 4am AZ time Tuesday and I'd like to get them set and not have to change later on.

Cast members on the tour phone line have little to no info at this point.
Thanks
Mike
I believe the afternoon tour for Oct at this point is just a CM that said it might happen, it's not a sure thing

I've been in and out of the house all day so not sure if this has already been announced but JBJB is at 6:30pm and SWaGS is at 9pm or 10pm starting Dec. 15th. Again Dec 16th is dark for both shows (Galactic Nights special ticketed event possible) So both shows will be performed. I assume that the only one to have a dessert party associated with it will be JBJB like last year

If that is the case would that mean only a reserved viewing section for JBJB and not SWaGS, or does the dessert party give you a section for both when both shows are playing on the same night?

And do y'all think the more than likely Galactic Night is worth rearranging my schedule to attend? I would imagine it would be very crowded. Would all the rides be open during that time too, and if so are the lines shorter by chance?

Well this is just terrible news. We planned on going to HS with my SW loving family on Thanksgiving Day in part to see the SW nighttime show and events - was even hoping to splurge on the dessert party since it was a #1 thing my family wanted to do. Now it is not even showing.... I really would have made different park plans but now trying to get ADR's and everything else switched for a major holiday is not going to be easy at all. What a disappointment - I really do not understand why they cannot show both or at least alternate nights.

If that is the case would that mean only a reserved viewing section for JBJB and not SWaGS, or does the dessert party give you a section for both when both shows are playing on the same night?
Last year the JBJB dessert party didn't start until after SWAGS ended, so the reserved area was open to the public for SWAGS.

Not that it will change anything, but I sent an email to Guest Services stating my disappointment that we will not get to see SWaGS during our trip in early November. I put in the email that I understand that during the holidays that different shows are offered, but it is a shame that people who chose to go during that time do not have the chance to see a popular fireworks show.

8pm until December 14th. Then goes to 6:30pm
Remember last year they added swags as an addition, it wasn't planned in advance, jbjb was already on the schedule, dessert parties were booked so they had to add swags before jbjb
Right. Though last year the JBJB dessert party didn't start until 8, so the show would have been at 9 (at least the night we did it). So makes me wonder if they'll be a dessert party for JBJB at all, or if it will just remain SW (and take a break for a few weeks?).

So makes me wonder if they'll be a dessert party for JBJB at all
It was very popular, my sense, not confirmed, is that there will be a JBJB dessert party as long as there is a JBJB show, but we won't know until the dates and times are released.

Hoping to see the end of December filled out soon. We'd like to have both JBJB and SWaGs on the same night, and the dessert party cover both.

Did anyone see, as I am also trying for a fantasmic meal, but I see a dessert tray with fantasmic viewing also listed, but every time I click for the dessert tray, Stitch eats it? Hmmm, I would much rather have, a hopefully much less expensive, dessert tray for my family with reserved seating, than a meal.

Thanks for this thread.

So...as I understand it, the Galactic Spectacular will still take place the first week in November? We were hoping to see it Nov. 1. It's what DH wants to do most of all this trip. (I'm still working on the dessert party. ;) )

So...as I understand it, the Galactic Spectacular will still take place the first week in November? We were hoping to see it Nov. 1. It's what DH wants to do most of all this trip. (I'm still working on the dessert party. ;) )
SWaGS will take place nightly until Nov 8th. Then it will come back Dec. 15th

Did anyone see, as I am also trying for a fantasmic meal, but I see a dessert tray with fantasmic viewing also listed, but every time I click for the dessert tray, Stitch eats it? Hmmm, I would much rather have, a hopefully much less expensive, dessert tray for my family with reserved seating, than a meal.
I just saw that. That would be cool as they will probably do it in the designed area on top of the F! theater. I have done private dessert parties from that spot a couple of times and while it is not the best view of the show (too far and if you are seated in the back tables the view is not great) it's a cool atmosphere.

Having been there many, many times, I've noticed that if you're stuffing your face with food, booze and desserts, the show appears to be secondary.
and you know I'm a sucker for a dessert party, so I would probably go to do just that :D
Plus during the show is a great time to stuff those plastic containers with some goodies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter