**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Is the party refundable? If I book and then the galactic nights is announced for the 16th and we decide to do that instead, can I cancel the dessert party?

Is the party refundable? If I book and then the galactic nights is announced for the 16th and we decide to do that instead, can I cancel the dessert party?
yes...I just changed my night for the party - canceled one, booked the other.

Use the MDE app, it's just like a dining resv. But I think you need to do it 2 days in advance if I remember right.

ETA: Corrected - 1 day cancellation policy

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the December dates. 22nd for us, and the kids do not know. Older one is a huge SW fan.

Does anyone know if there will be anything special at the December 15th party since it's the opening day for The Last Jedi?

So, back home now... just wanted to say we enjoyed the tour (even though the weather was looking disastrous, it held off for all the major events of the tour). Will agree with others who have said once was nice, but wouldn't book again, especially with the Dessert Party not being a part of it anymore. Although, sure there will be a different Star Wars tour once the SW land opens up that will be something totally different.

Glad son got to fight Vader in the Jedi Training. (Had done 7th Sister before). All the tour kids got in the Vader line.

Our guides Julia and James were great leading the tour, and with the 'service' aspects like giving out frozen towels, waters, getting our food, etc... but also with the 'draconian' defense of the reserved area's through the day. They were evicting people left and right.. wonder what kind of 'crowd control' training they get ? Defiantly people testing the limits.

The TIE fighter souvenirs were cool for my son... made sure to bring a suitcase with extra room for them.

Dessert party was fine... just stood at a table (shared with others), son sat on the floor for a bit... but even with everyone in there had no problem getting to the food/drinks. Although we did character greets first so missed the initial rush in.... tour wasn't let in first, but don't see a giant advantage to that unless going after a seated table... think the perceived advantage/slight was a bit overblown.

Everyone crowded in line to leave the Dessert Party to watch the fireworks... were near the back, but didn't mind as had Storm Trooper interaction through the evening so being up front with them didn't matter. But people do crowd up in the front of the viewing area, i'm tall so stand back anyway... luckily my son found a spot he could see. Have had better view from the other projection tower area (some tree blockage to left of the viewing area) but it was a decent place to watch from (and of course not have to wait). But best about being behind everyone is turning tail at the last firework and heading back ahead of the main crowd.... straight uncrowded shot back until came around to merge on the Boulevard. Got us on the 3rd bus when they eventually arrived...probably 4 more buses of people behind us.

I must be crazy because I just booked the Star Wars Dessert party for our upcoming trip. Since we will be there the week between Xmas and New Years I figure that anything I can book to make things a little easier is a bonus. We have 3 dessert parties booked pixiedust:. I'm gonna gain so much weight. I didn't have any interest in the Jingle Bam show so I was really sad that there were no Star Wars parties - that was really the number one dessert party I wanted to do. Now we can see it with treats & fancy drinks included. Yay!

November 11/01 through 11/04 at 8pm
11/05 through 11/08 at 6:45pm
then it's dark until Dec. 15th when it's at 9pm

Does "it's dark" (fireworks show) mean it's confirmed to not be scheduled for late November, or it's just a calendar-hasn't-been-updated-yet situation?

Currently SWaGS Dessert Party is grayed out for every date on the site. Assuming the site it just being wonky this morning? I was so exited to read that I could book the party for 12/15, then bummed when I can't online.

Cancelled my JBJB Dessert Party in favor of the SWaGs Dessert Party Tues, Dec 19. Thank you for Fastpasser, Yullin, and everyone else's feedback so that I could make a decision on what would be best for us. I was originally bummed we were going to miss trying this out for the first time since the announcements originally made it seem there would be no SWaGs Dessert Party during our time, but so glad it came to fruition. Its going to work perfect with my touring plan I've concocted, my Star Wars crazed kids, and help utilize time better on a short visit to HS when crowds are probably going to be pretty high. I think I have a perfect trip planned now!

here's the official WDW page
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-nights/
And there is a Jedi Recruitment package available for an additional $149.95

Enrich your Jedi’s training with added enhancements. Boost younglings’ skills and confidence to battle the Dark Side with this limited-time offer that includes:
  • Enrollment for one youngling in one show of Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
  • Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple robe
  • Official Star Wars lightsaber
  • Personalized name badge
  • Exclusive Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple t-shirt
  • Picture with a Jedi Master—available via free digital download

I can't find anything on what the Jedi recruitment package is...wondering if we have to pay extra for Trials of the temple?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter