**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

@chuff88 , your plan of checking online each day is a good one. You should see dates load blue onto the calendar several hours before booking actually opens up. When the blue dates first load, you'll typically still see a "no times available" notice. But keep checking later that day and first thing the next. Chances are the times will suddenly load, and then it will be available for booking.

Someone on this thread usually gives a head's up when they notice the blue dates load, so check this thread everyday, too.

Good luck! I would have said you'll have no trouble at all booking this, but now that seats might be coming and numbers decreasing, no telling how quickly it will go. Do you have any wiggle room for choosing a backup date during your trip? It might be helpful to have a couple of possibilities in mind just in case your first choice books up before you can get it.

@chuff88 , your plan of checking online each day is a good one. You should see dates load blue onto the calendar several hours before booking actually opens up. When the blue dates first load, you'll typically still see a "no times available" notice. But keep checking later that day and first thing the next. Chances are the times will suddenly load, and then it will be available for booking.

Someone on this thread usually gives a head's up when they notice the blue dates load, so check this thread everyday, too.

Good luck! I would have said you'll have no trouble at all booking this, but now that seats might be coming and numbers decreasing, no telling how quickly it will go. Do you have any wiggle room for choosing a backup date during your trip? It might be helpful to have a couple of possibilities in mind just in case your first choice books up before you can get it.
We do have a couple of date options. They’re right next to each other, but we could make it work. There’s also a third potential option that would require more itinerary shuffling but we’ve got options.

We do have a couple of date options. They’re right next to each other, but we could make it work. There’s also a third potential option that would require more itinerary shuffling but we’ve got options.

You will get it. You have resources that most people don’t have - and by that I mean this site. It is invaluable in giving the heads up when times show up as initially unbookable and then when they are. Just keep checking this thread and the Disney site. You’ve got this!

I love how the regulars on this site are so understanding and supportive of folks asking questions.
Thank you. It's years and years of sww and now just sw threads.
If I could list the most asked questions through out that time they have to be:
What's the quickest way to get to Chewbacca?
How do I sign up for JTA? and other JTA questions
Dessert parties booking
We understand that there are a lot of pages on this thread and some might be visiting this thread for the first time
And I've said this a lot before, I'm very proud that our thread remains helpful and no one here tries to be snarky, mean, negative, troll-like. And the very few that have tried have figured out very quickly we are a chill group of people and that won't affect us so they move on. SW fans are seriously the best

Last edited:
Thank you. It's years and years of sww and now just sw threads.
If I could list the most asked questions through out that time they have to be:
What's the quickest way to get to Chewbacca?
How do I sign up for JTA? and other JTA questions
Dessert parties booking
We understand that there are a lot of pages on this thread and some might be visiting this thread for the first time
And I've said this a lot before, I'm very proud that our thread remains helpful and no one here tries to be snarky, mean, negative, troll-like. And the very few that have tried have figured out very quickly we are a chill group of people and that won't affect us so they move on. SW fans are seriously the best

I, as well as others, have really appreciated all of your efforts, @yulilin3, and the other posters on this thread, for several years now. I still check back often, even though we probably won't do the party again, after having done it 3 times:) As we get closer to Black Spire opening (I like this name so much better than Galaxy's Edge, so this is what I am calling it), the help and advice from the posters here will become even more important. I am looking forward to all of the Space Madness coming soon.

I, as well as others, have really appreciated all of your efforts, @yulilin3, and the other posters on this thread, for several years now. I still check back often, even though we probably won't do the party again, after having done it 3 times:) As we get closer to Black Spire opening (I like this name so much better than Galaxy's Edge, so this is what I am calling it), the help and advice from the posters here will become even more important. I am looking forward to all of the Space Madness coming soon.
Be on the lookout for a brand new thread on Black Spires/Galaxy's Edge coming to a Galaxy near you ;)

I'm with @chuff88 on this one - I'm planning on my 40th birthday being spent at the party. I have backups, of course, but will be seriously toddler tantrum upset if I miss out on this somehow.

I'm glad that others get that. I tend to get a sort of "you're crazy" look from non DIS people when I talk about it :)

Non- Dis people just don’t understand how important these things are!

I totally get it. I'm almost stupid excited for this party and DYING to know what the changes could mean for the crowd levels etc. But no matter if they have seating or not, this party is on the top of my list of things I'm exited for this coming trip. I have the dessert party booked for 7/26

I'm with @chuff88 on this one - I'm planning on my 40th birthday being spent at the party. I have backups, of course, but will be seriously toddler tantrum upset if I miss out on this somehow.

I'm glad that others get that. I tend to get a sort of "you're crazy" look from non DIS people when I talk about it :)
I work with awesome people who totally understand my excitement and are enthusiastically supportive of it, but it is hard to talk to non Disney enthusiasts about my trip planning.

For past party-goers, do you think it will still be running 11/6/18? That is the only night I have available to get over there to HS.

Finally got to see SW fireworks for the first time this week, enjoyed it from a perfect spot in between the two newish projection towers. Only slight negative was that the temporary stage could not be moved due to the wet conditions and blocked the lower part of the facades. Thanks to @yulilin3 and all others who keep the good info flowing!

With the party starting at 8, what time can we or should we arrive? Other dumb question, where do we go? At the parks now and need a little help. Thank you Dis friends

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter