• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Has the Star Wars dessert party & fireworks viewing changed at all since last August? Same location, same food & drinks, same spot to watch fireworks and the same Chewie mug?
I asked the exact same question a few pages ago! If you read the last few pages you’ll get all of the info! Turns out quite a few things have changed, I was so glad I asked. Different viewing location, different recommendations on when to go out and where to stand, and now it’s a captain plasma stein. Plus there are more changes in the works, not clear when they will start.

I asked the exact same question a few pages ago! If you read the last few pages you’ll get all of the info! Turns out quite a few things have changed, I was so glad I asked. Different viewing location, different recommendations on when to go out and where to stand, and now it’s a captain plasma stein. Plus there are more changes in the works, not clear when they will start.

Thank you! I was really expecting "no changes" as the answer.

Last edited:
Thank you! I was really "no changes" as the answer.
Yep, that was pretty much what I had expected since very little had changed except the included gift between August 2016 and August 2017, and I hadn't followed this thread since then. But when I asked for the rundown on any changes fastpasser and others helped catch me up, and there actually were changes! My question was post #17225 on page 862, and the answers are within a day or 2 of that.

I re-read my last reply - captain plasma haha! Not sure if thats autocorrect on my phone typing abilities, but either way kind of funny.

That link takes me to a viglink shopping page on my cell phone. Not sure why since it looks like a Disney address. Didn’t try it from the computer.

All links from the DISboards take me to a viglink shopping page on my computer as well as on my phone. But if you copy and paste, it should work.

Anyone remember when booking for the SW dessert party opened last year for Oct dates?

Thanks, Greg

Anyone remember when booking for the SW dessert party opened last year for Oct dates?

Thanks, Greg
I used to update the first page with the booking openings of the dessert party, did that until February of this year. Post 11 on the first page of this thread, shows October hours were updated June 27th

I used to update the first page with the booking openings of the dessert party, did that until February of this year. Post 11 on the first page of this thread, shows October hours were updated June 27th

Thanks for responding about that--Greg

For a very limited time, Darth Vader steins have replaced the Captain Phasma steins as the SW novelty gift that Guests receive.

Ohhh we would prefer that. Do you think the limited time might be three weeks or so? It doesn’t matter that much of course but I was a kid when the originals came out and rather prefer those characters.

I'm considering this dessert party in December. Going by last year's schedule they may be doing the SWGS mid December which would be perfect for our trip. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Does anyone have any theories on how Disney are going to monetise the incredible demand for this once it opens up? Obviously there are the usual ways like after hours special events and dessert parties, but this will be on another lever to anything we've seen before so I wonder if they may go further in the early months perhaps by limiting access to just people staying in the Star Wars hotel, or requiring the purchase of a more expensive premium ticket to include access to this new land?

Does anyone have any theories on how Disney are going to monetise the incredible demand for this once it opens up? Obviously there are the usual ways like after hours special events and dessert parties, but this will be on another lever to anything we've seen before so I wonder if they may go further in the early months perhaps by limiting access to just people staying in the Star Wars hotel, or requiring the purchase of a more expensive premium ticket to include access to this new land?
I'm assuming you're talking about Galaxy's edge. There's no word on how they will be doing crowd control but I believe it is extremely possible that add on tickets and special experiences will be offered to be able to get into the land. The hotel will guarantee you are in since it's part of the entire immersive experience

I'm assuming you're talking about Galaxy's edge. There's no word on how they will be doing crowd control but I believe it is extremely possible that add on tickets and special experiences will be offered to be able to get into the land. The hotel will guarantee you are in since it's part of the entire immersive experience
Yes I was talking about Galaxy's Edge - I might have got the wrong thread!

WDW will also have the advantage of being second and watching how DL does crowd control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter