Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

Anyone know how to get to the expo from a Disney hotel? I assume there will be busses to the wide world of sports?
They contract Mears buses in for the runDisney races, so you'll want to look for a Mears bus with a runDiseny sign in the window. These buses will NOT pick up where the buses to the parks pick up (at the Boardwalk, for example, the race weekend buses pick up at the convention center and not at the park bus stops), so make sure to ask a CM at your resort where to do. There will be a sandwich board with a runDisney sign by the bus pick-up. :)

Same thing with W&D - buses were running consistently to Swan/Dolphin. I think they're considered host hotels, although I recognize that they are in a slightly different category than other Disney owned hotels.

For the folks getting to the expo today... we, the late arrival people, would love some merch pictures if it's not too much trouble. (Just the main stuff.) Thanks!

That Vader tote is super cool. I need another bag like I need a hole in the head, but if the totes are still available when I get there late tomorrow afternoon/early evening before the expo closes, I might have to pull the trigger....

I like some of the event exclusive Magic Bands I saw posted on twitter - not sure how much they cost, though.

At the airport. Hoping to be at MK by 6:30.

ETA: Any unique counter service suggestions for dinner? I figure I probably need something more substantial than just ice cream.

Last edited:
They contract Mears buses in for the runDisney races, so you'll want to look for a Mears bus with a runDiseny sign in the window. These buses will NOT pick up where the buses to the parks pick up (at the Boardwalk, for example, the race weekend buses pick up at the convention center and not at the park bus stops), so make sure to ask a CM at your resort where to do. There will be a sandwich board with a runDisney sign by the bus pick-up. :)

Thanks for the info! Was just coming to ask this question but here's the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter