Official Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend - The Dark Side 2017

Agreed - a little bit worried about tomorrow now - those last few miles might be a killer after the sun comes up.

Overall, despite the humidity, I was happy with my run today. I've never done a challenge before, so I'm going to take it easy today and rest my legs for tomorrow.

Good job 10kers! I stood on the bridge to Boardwalk between Beach Club and IG spectating. Loved watching all of the costumed go by! It's definitely more humid this morning than it was yesterday. Glad I decided to nix the storm trooper get up for tomorrow.

10k was a lot of fun! Very humid, clothes were heavy at the end. Felt like I drank too much water since it felt like I was sweating it all out.

Only problem I had was between Hollywood Studios and the Boardwalk, the path was so narrow that coming out of the water stop I got stuck behind people walking and the stream of runners was so thick I couldn't get back over to get around them. A lady next to me also fell coming off the wooden board walk to the concrete. It looked bad but she ended up being ok.

Lots of great costumes and characters out. Good luck to all half runners tomorrow, see you out there!

Expo merchandise problem/question: when I got back from the Expo last night, I realized I was charged for the Darth Vader "RUN" magnet, but the person checking me out forgot to put it in my bag. I really don't want to have to go all the way back to the Expo today - any other ideas? I saw the official merch tent set up at the finish area today but it wasn't open. Maybe I can bring my receipt tomorrow after the half and get the magnet? I'm worried if I try to email it'll be weeks before I get a response.

Finished my first 10k! I ran the 5k yesterday and have been I the parks the last three days with my nine year old. My ankle is about done :)

How do I find my time for the 10k? I was slower than I trained; having the flu last week really affected my pace but I finished before the balloon ladies (they had death star balloons, which was a nice touch)

Finished my first 10k! I ran the 5k yesterday and have been I the parks the last three days with my nine year old. My ankle is about done :)

How do I find my time for the 10k? I was slower than I trained; having the flu last week really affected my pace but I finished before the balloon ladies (they had death star balloons, which was a nice touch)
From the runDisney website, there's a tab at the top for results, which will take you to another page with this link:
http://trackshackresults.com/disneysports/results/swds/swds17/

Congratulations to everyone 10K and 5K in the last couple of days. Good luck to runners tomorrow!

I'm curious, has anyone walked to the start from the Polynesian? Wondering how the walk was this morning.

Congratulations to everyone 10K and 5K in the last couple of days. Good luck to runners tomorrow!

I'm curious, has anyone walked to the start from the Polynesian? Wondering how the walk was this morning.

I walked from the TTC drop off point. It was a solid 10 min walk to corrals. They have you walk trough the villains side of the lot al the way over to the other side.

So I'd imagine poly wouldn't be much different. Maybe that helps!?

I walked from the Poly this morning. The signage indicating the path was good until you hit the TTC area and the signage disappears. The first CM I came across had to radio someone to find out where to go. And the walk was loooooooong. That being said, it was still nicer than waiting for a bus, and I plan to walk over again tomorrow.

I walked from the Poly this morning. The signage indicating the path was good until you hit the TTC area and the signage disappears. The first CM I came across had to radio someone to find out where to go. And the walk was loooooooong. That being said, it was still nicer than waiting for a bus, and I plan to walk over again tomorrow.

Wait ?? There was an abundance of signage from TTC and cast members directing the entire way... maybe you went earlier than me. I was impressed with how well organized it was. I did go later around 4:45. It was a LONG walk for sure.

Does anyone have the bib numbers for one of the balloon ladies? I love knowing how much time we have for picture stops

Wait ?? There was an abundance of signage from TTC and cast members directing the entire way... maybe you went earlier than me. I was impressed with how well organized it was. I did go later around 4:45. It was a LONG walk for sure.

I did go very early. I was literally the first person to arrive, security wasn't letting people in the pre race area yet. I did make for super short character photo lines though!

I followed the signs until the part where you leave the sidewalk and start walking on the tram lane. I didn't see any walking path signs after that.

I did go very early. I was literally the first person to arrive, security wasn't letting people in the pre race area yet. I did make for super short character photo lines though!

I followed the signs until the part where you leave the sidewalk and start walking on the tram lane. I didn't see any walking path signs after that.

Ok, makes sense. Lucky you getting all those photos. I only made it through for capt phasma yesterday.

I walked from the TTC drop off point. It was a solid 10 min walk to corrals. They have you walk trough the villains side of the lot al the way over to the other side.

So I'd imagine poly wouldn't be much different. Maybe that helps!?

That helps a lot. Thank you!

The person checking me in said just follow the crowd. But I don't know how crowded it would be walking from the poly with everyone spread out leaving at different times. Maybe tomorrow they will have it marked better?

Does anyone have the bib numbers for one of the balloon ladies? I love knowing how much time we have for picture stops

There was a pic of the balloon ladies and their Death Star balloons on Facebook this morning. Looks like two of them were bibs 28574 and 28576.

Hey all,

My pregnant wife wants to watch me run by for tomorrow's half on the boardwalk.

We are annual pass holders staying at AKL. Normally we get free parking anywhere.

Would she be able to park at the Boardwalk resort in the morning to go to the boardwalk?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter