***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

That's exciting! :)

I know!! I just am totally in love with this coach. I have wanted and american eagle for years and years.

I hope I get to see the way you decorate your RV and lot, for the holidays. That is 1 thing that BDLsgal and I love doing. We go see THE Hoop Dee Doo Revue, and then walk around the campgrounds and see how everybody decorated their campers, lots and golf carts. They are always creative and fun. It's right up there with resort hopping and seeing how they are individually decorated as well (minus the life-sized gingerbread structures).

Yes I will decorate if we go then. I can wait to go during Christmas time, I am sure I can talk the wife into a quick trip down.

So, when going in December, do lots of people put lights in their windows?

Just curious - this is my first December on-site trip. We went the week between Christmas and New Year's back in 1993 when I was 16 years old but we stayed off site.

Yay!!

Editing to add that I'm sorry you had to cancel this year, but happy to have another August traveler!
We will be going Dec. 13-17, resort TBD partly based on DVC rental availability. We are also going in Aug from 10-18 at AoA.

Well, we decided to add a day to the vacation - the kids want to go to Universal for a day. So now, we will be there December 16-23! Since this gives us an extra night, too, I think we’re going to hit up Disney Springs on the night of our arrival day. We haven’t been to it, yet. I’m planning on a lot of “firsts” this time - Christmas decorations, Disney Springs, MVMCP, Fantasmic!, Toy Story Land, Pandora...yay for new things! :-)

Last edited:

Just curious - this is my first December on-site trip. We went the week between Christmas and New Year's back in 1993 when I was 16 years old but we stayed off site.

I've noticed lots of lights and other decorations in room windows at Pop, but not at moderates.

Just like @Disneylover99 said I have not really seen at moderates but the values tend too. I say do whatever you want! It is your trip, enjoy it!

Maybe because after paying the high prices for a moderate, there was no money left for lights and decorations!?!

:rotfl: That could be it.

But I think it's because the values usually have the ledge and curtains. Windows are easy to access and decorate. Whereas the moderates have the blinds which make window decorating difficult.

I'm going to be at Pop so I may bring some lights! I asked my daughter if she wanted us to bring a small tree and she said no because we are going (and leaving) before Christmas.

I'm going to be at Pop so I may bring some lights! I asked my daughter if she wanted us to bring a small tree and she said no because we are going (and leaving) before Christmas.

We will be at Pop with decorations and lights too. It really looks so festive when people decorate their windows. I love it! :)

... unless there already is one. :D In which case, please merge, and I'm sorry....

Let's get this party started. I know it's hard looking at all the MVMCP threads for this year, but our planning time will come!

Since I may be first to break in needing to talk about DECEMBER 2018, I don't mind starting this and maintaining a roll call - I'll add it to the next thread. I will update once a week or so; be patient.

This will be our first December trip, we've gone the week before Easter twice now; sadly tied to school breaks. We are looking forward to winter this year. : )
3Agoria- 12/22-12/29 - Marriott Grand Vista

December 15-21 for us! We just settled on dates and I'm still exploring resorts so I'll update when I know where we are staying. We've never been at Christmas because so I am stoked!

Hi everyone! So excited to be able to join this thread too! We are heading down with my immediate family (DH, DD 13, DS11, and DD who will turn 8 on our trip) and my parents. My parents have never been before and they are not huge amusement park people, but they wanted to see Disney through our kids eyes. My DH is not a huge fan, but loves the food and "tolerates" our trips. He has gone 3 times (once this summer just us for our 15 year anniversary) but I have been 5 times and have brought a long a one or two of the kids at Christmas (DS surprise 10th birthday in 2016 and DS and DD7 this Christmas because DD13 was too cool to go and regrets it now!). I have convinced DH that he has to see Disney at Christmas and he has agreed to annual passes for the family (upgrading in June!) So excited! We haven't decided on a resort yet, but we are going to be there December 23-30th!

Hi Everyone! We are excited to be planning our first trip to see the parks during the holidays. My DH and I are currently planning Dec 1st through Dec 9th. We are not entirely sure which resort yet but it's going to be either Coronado Springs or Port Orleans Riverside. We are looking forward to planning along with everyone else in this thread and can't wait to hear about everyone's plans.

WOOHOO!!! My stay at the Polynesian went through by way of renting points. Put me down for December 14-December 20!! Poly Standard View Studio!! So happy!!!

The DVC owner we have been working with got our Standard view reservation at Boardwalk Villas reserved today for our 12/16-12/23 trip!! I have had my fingers crossed for standard view to save money! I am on cloud nine!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter