• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 09C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 09C # 2632
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 53 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- It is what I booked, but after reading reviews it seems like it might be a "leftover" room. Most reviews I have read are very negative.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? After 6PM
9. What month is your cruise? December

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? Oceanview - could be any (9D and up)
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 14!!!! (yes I was getting anxious)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? very happy room is mid ship on a low floor - very nice for my motion sickness
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Saturday - may have been late Fri afternoon
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between Friday at 3est and Sat at 9est
9. What month is your cruise? November

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 5E
2. What category and room # did you get? 5E 7688
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 59
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? VERY Excited! Hope we get to keep it!!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Dream
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Checked that morn then again after 6pm and it was there.
9. What month is your cruise? January

Last edited:
1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9B
2. What category and room# did you get? 9B 2606
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 45
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? Not upset or excited. Took my chances in hoping for an upgrade to a higher deck but didn't get one. I've already rebooked another GTY category since my only option to actually select a cabin on a higher deck at this point would cost at least $300 more that I don't want to spend. Taking another chance but don't have anything to lose - most likely will end up on Deck 2 again. ;)
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Haven't checked daily, but I believe Monday.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Unknown

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? GTY 7A
2. What category and room # did you get? 5B 6584 and 6586
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 17
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Over the moon!!! Huge upgrade and they are connected!!!!
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting!!
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure, sometime before 9:00 pm

So, we are less than 2 weeks from our cruise (12/16 on Dream), we have a a GTY/IGT and we still don't have a stateroom assigned. Nothing you guys can do about it, but the wait is killing me! Oh well, we're happy to be sailing, so I don't care if they put me in a mop closet, but I'd like to know!

So, we are less than 2 weeks from our cruise (12/16 on Dream), we have a a GTY/IGT and we still don't have a stateroom assigned. Nothing you guys can do about it, but the wait is killing me! Oh well, we're happy to be sailing, so I don't care if they put me in a mop closet, but I'd like to know!

This is the thread for the IGT's. It's different from the GTY's. These cabins are assigned usually 2 weeks or up to the day of. Still it will be a great cruise because you are on the ship.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/le...f-igt-ogt-and-vgt-assignments.2919036/page-72

Anyone on the 1/21 Western Caribbean on the Fantasy get their room assigned? Most of the inside staterooms just disappeared (there were 21 earlier today, now 4). My SR hasn't been assigned yet. Not sure if they pulled thise rooms to assign them or if they are already assigned and I'm till waiting. This is painful and I'm one of the least patient people.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9D
2. What category and room# did you get? 9B 2590
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 57
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? It's an upgrade to a large porthole instead of 2 small. I'm happy.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? morning
9. What month is your cruise? February

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
2. What category and room# did you get? 11A - deck 8
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 45
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover" - undesirable room/location? Happy! Forward inside room on a great deck location and an upgrade from my 11C I booked. Was hoping for an upgrade, but we got what we paid for so I won't complain :)
6. What ship are you sailing? Fatansy
7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? morning- around 10 am

Do they email you to let you know they have assigned your room? Or do you have to check daily? Were at 57 day out...I can't wait.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11B #9103
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- I am happy that the two GTY rooms we booked ended up being together and connected! WAHOO! I will admit I was hoping for an upgrade. It's my 16th DCL trip and I have never been upgraded ;)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? yes!!!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? After 6PM

We booked this cruise two days ago!!! It was a last minute thing and within 48 hrs our room assignment came in!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? O5C
#2. What category and room # did you get? O5C 7034
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 38 although I just booked last week
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes we are happy with it! It Seems like a great location and close to elevators.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before 1 pm

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? -VGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? -4E 8092
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? -about two weeks?
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? - It's a room with the white wall veranda, that's the only down side. But it's definitely a plus with the extra bed so that no one has to sleep up in the ceiling. (party of 4)
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing?-Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned.-don't remember
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned?-afternoon
9. What month is your cruise?-december

Last edited:
We got our assignment today!! I've been checking daily and was thinking maybe with the upcoming holiday the status wouldn't be updated, but was so pleasantly and excitedly surprised!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 04D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 04D #6586
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52 Days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- We're just happy to be going on our first Disney Cruise! Been wanting to go on one for many years!
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before 2PM (not sure exactly-hadn't check all morning)
9. What month is your cruise? February

If anyone has any info about this location I'd love to hear more!:) Happy Holidays everyone!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C cabin 2110
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 133
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I would've loved an upgrade to a higher floor but I am very happy with a huge porthole (we prefer to not have a veranda with small children it just makes me unnecessarily uncomfortable) I don't love the aft part of the ship but it's only one cabin away from being considered midship so it's not a terrible location. Close to elevators and laundry. Plus dining and drink stations are just a few floors up.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Sunday (Christmas)
Actual it must have been assigned at least a few days ago because I called DCL to add my sons allergies to our file and asked if I could request mid or fwd for our cabin but she said it was already assigned and it was aft.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before 2pm
9. What month is your cruise? May

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 04E
2. What category and room # did you get? 04E #8094 (handicap/big!)
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 8! Pure torture
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am very happy to have more room to move around for our family of five :)
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning, before 7:30am
9. What month is your cruise? January 13, 2017

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter