***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Here's my review of the new attractions.
Slinky Dog Dash (SDD): Great first coaster. Very smooth. Secure the little ones in good. I bounced off my seat and thought I had it tight enough. I was able to make it tighter midride. Intensity-wise, it's mild, just a touch more intense than Seven Dwarf Mine Train, much less bumpy than Big Thunder Mountain. Speed varies greatly from one part of the track to the next. At one point we were going so slow, my dh thought we'd get stuck. I loved the attraction!! As a kiddie coaster, I rate it a 10 on the fun scale. As a thrill ride, I'd give it a 2, maybe a 3. As a theme ride, I'd give it a 10. I would wait up to an hour for this.

Alien Swirling Saucers (AS2) is like the whip meets the Tea Cups. The track is most similar to the tea cup ride. The seats and most of the experience is like the whip at Hershey Park. I loved it. The posted time said 65 minutes, the queue took us 30. So that was nice! I would not wait more than 20 minutes to ride this again. I think the 3 of us would have fit in one car. It may have been a tight squeeze. It was fun! You can't help but smile and be eternally grateful!

Currently it says wait times are 85 for TSM, 95 for SDD, and 50 for AS2. Kinda bummed seeing the wait times so low. We are going to WDW at the end of July and decided to skip HS because we figured there would be crazy crowds and originally we weren't staying onsite so we figured we wouldn't be able to get a FP for any TSL rides at 30 days. Last week we decided last minute to stay at a Disney Springs hotel. I wish we would have done that earlier so that we could have done TSL. We probably won't go again for a few years. I guess hindsight is 20/20
I feel like it's always worth checking for people whose plans change/modify FP+ times and such...especially within 30 days. I know it defies logic haha but I've had insane success with planning a huge detailed trip with less than 2 days' notice. (Unless you don't have room at all to visit DHS at all, then disregard all of this ;) )

I feel like it's always worth checking for people whose plans change/modify FP+ times and such...especially within 30 days. I know it defies logic haha but I've had insane success with planning a huge detailed trip with less than 2 days' notice. (Unless you don't have room at all to visit DHS at all, then disregard all of this ;) )
If we wanted to we could fit it in, but I would have to buy another ticket and we'd go on our free day. Right now, I have no way of checking to see if any are open for that day and I don't know if I want to buy tickets unless I'm sure I can get a FP. Thanks for the advice though!

Has anyone successfully gotten a slinky fast pass day of? Or is that next to impossible?
My sister has managed to book or modify FOP FP+ night before or day of with persistent refreshing (15-20 mins on average) I’m sure you could get SDD if you tried

If we wanted to we could fit it in, but I would have to buy another ticket and we'd go on our free day. Right now, I have no way of checking to see if any are open for that day and I don't know if I want to buy tickets unless I'm sure I can get a FP. Thanks for the advice though!
Edit, I posted a blank reply.

I'm happy to check on your dates if you want to pm me, I have an AP so I can look through the end of July and a little into Aug at this point

Last edited:
We are headed there next week! Have FP's secured but was thinking about going to HS one evening to hit the oldies (TT and RRC) while everyone is checking out Toy Story Land. How have the crowds been in other parts of the park?

As of 1PM EST

Slinky Dog Dash 110 minutes
Toy Story Mania 75 minutes
Alien Swirling Saucers 50 minutes

From Touring Plans
Aliens expected at 28 minutes
Slinky 79 minutes
Toy Story Mania 42 minutes

Interesting that Toy Story Mania is so high - even more than one of the new rides ... though perhaps that is because people are focusing on getting FP for the new rides and riding TSM standby?

Has anyone successfully gotten a slinky fast pass day of? Or is that next to impossible?

Not happening, but if your on the bus doing nothing keep refreshing. We're definitely getting TSM and RnR . Also TT and all the Epcot stuff is possible. Just keep refreshing. I grab then refresh and modify alot and get times I want.
My boys are going to RD EMH tomorrow for SDD. It looks cool. But you can totally extra FP TSM

Here's my review of the new attractions.
Slinky Dog Dash (SDD): Great first coaster. Very smooth. Secure the little ones in good. I bounced off my seat and thought I had it tight enough. I was able to make it tighter midride. Intensity-wise, it's mild, just a touch more intense than Seven Dwarf Mine Train, much less bumpy than Big Thunder Mountain. Speed varies greatly from one part of the track to the next. At one point we were going so slow, my dh thought we'd get stuck. I loved the attraction!! As a kiddie coaster, I rate it a 10 on the fun scale. As a thrill ride, I'd give it a 2, maybe a 3. As a theme ride, I'd give it a 10. I would wait up to an hour for this.

Alien Swirling Saucers (AS2) is like the whip meets the Tea Cups. The track is most similar to the tea cup ride. The seats and most of the experience is like the whip at Hershey Park. I loved it. The posted time said 65 minutes, the queue took us 30. So that was nice! I would not wait more than 20 minutes to ride this again. I think the 3 of us would have fit in one car. It may have been a tight squeeze. It was fun! You can't help but smile and be eternally grateful!

Sounds fun :)

Question...how did you make the restraint tighter mid-ride on SDD? I thought those usually lock in place?

Went today for a 3:35 AS2 FP—one Side was down so we waited maybe 10-15 minutes. It was cute! But I think a one and done for us (kinda like Navi). I’m tempted to go back to ride TSM but there’s no way any of us were waiting for SDD.

Got a cute pic of DD11 at the block wall (I posted on Instagram #blockwall) but I couldn’t find the popsicle stick wall! Where is it?

Went today for a 3:35 AS2 FP—one Side was down so we waited maybe 10-15 minutes. It was cute! But I think a one and done for us (kinda like Navi). I’m tempted to go back to ride TSM but there’s no way any of us were waiting for SDD.

Got a cute pic of DD11 at the block wall (I posted on Instagram #blockwall) but I couldn’t find the popsicle stick wall! Where is it?
in the exit of TSM

Sounds fun :)

Question...how did you make the restraint tighter mid-ride on SDD? I thought those usually lock in place?
I'd say most roller coasters I've been on (and I've been on quite a lot) you're able to click tighter while on the ride, they just won't loosen.

This blog has pictures of all the walls and where they are:

https://www.sandandorsnow.com/2018/07/the-4-best-instagram-walls-in-toy-story-land/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter