***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

For those of you who have/had to do FP 30 days out.....how lucky were you to get anything? We are finally booking our fall trip and since we are staying off property this time we don't have the luxury of the 60 day window.

Here today. We got to the park at 650 for a 700 early entry. We were able to walk right through and things were already opening no line at tickets. Made our way to TSL and got an SDD line. Posted wait time of 45 minutes. Riding by 730. At 725 the standby time changed to 1 hour. Upon walking in TSM was only 5 minutes. I'm posting this as an observer as my kids are in line.

For those of you who have/had to do FP 30 days out.....how lucky were you to get anything? We are finally booking our fall trip and since we are staying off property this time we don't have the luxury of the 60 day window.
I tested it out the other day - I am not going til Sept - and AS2 and TSM had availability at 30 days. I figure I will have to rope drop SDD

Here today. We got to the park at 650 for a 700 early entry. We were able to walk right through and things were already opening no line at tickets. Made our way to TSL and got an SDD line. Posted wait time of 45 minutes. Riding by 730. At 725 the standby time changed to 1 hour. Upon walking in TSM was only 5 minutes. I'm posting this as an observer as my kids are in line.

Thank you for letting us know. I've been stressing over the fact that HS has been opening sooner than the posted time of 7am. We plan on being at the bus stop by 5:45 to make sure we catch the first bus but I'm paranoid it won't show up until 6:30 and we won't be to HS until 6:50 and the lines will be crazy by then. You give me hope.

Hi everyone. Just letting you know my experience from last night...

I got into Toy Story Land at 10:07 p.m. I got a photo pass picture in front of the Toy Story Land sign that only took 2 minutes. I enjoyed walking around the land for 15 minutes before getting in line for SDD 5 minutes before park closing. Posted wait time was 145 minutes. I waited 20 minutes.

I love SDD! Definitely ranks higher than 7DMT for me.

I really like TSL at night, and I’m excited to see it during the day!

This is making me feel better. I could only get a fast pass for 520 and we have Halloween party tickets that day. So we plan on getting in line earlier in the day.

Anyone also try to sign up for Jedi training ?

I bought the package and the group page link that was included in the confirmation email says this:
Play around with two hours of exclusive evening access to Toy Story Land
The rumor in our group is it will be 10 - midnight.

We bought this package too. Does it make sense to not start until 10 when the park closes at 830? My first experience with any type of event like this. I just assumed it would start at park close.

Interesting that actual wait times for 7DMT (which opened 4 years ago) are running similar to a ride that opened 4 days ago despite the fact most people seem to like it better. Not sure what that says, but I can't imagine it was expected.

MK is always going to be the busier park overall (well maybe that will change with SW) so I'm not overly surprised by this since 7DMT is consistently the hardest FP to get in MK. I don't think Toy Story Land was expected to be an expansion that draws people in just for it, it's more so an expansion to keep people in DHS longer (i.e. stop it from being a 1/2 day park). I think it's more comparable to Pandora as far as drawing people and it's not looking like TSL is going to have the same pull over the same amount of time. It took several months for Pandora to settle down a bit, if I recall correctly. But, I think FOP is a real "headliner" ride, where as I don't consider SDD to be of the same caliber.

Hi everyone. Just letting you know my experience from last night...

I got into Toy Story Land at 10:07 p.m. I got a photo pass picture in front of the Toy Story Land sign that only took 2 minutes. I enjoyed walking around the land for 15 minutes before getting in line for SDD 5 minutes before park closing. Posted wait time was 145 minutes. I waited 20 minutes.

Thanks for this! We couldn't get a fast pass for our HS day at 60+, so this was going to be my strategy (We are NEVER able to get our acts together for RD). I'm happy to see this was your experience, as this works well us for last minute FoP.

Thanks for the update.

We head down just shy of a month. The studios are on our second day which means my family will be awake 2 days in a row early (day before our flight leaves at 7am).

I have been checking MDE every morning since opening and saw at 6:45 there was already a 30 min wait.

So I guess we should plan to leave between 5:30 and 6 and my current plans are to walk over from the BC.

Has anyone seen reports about size of the seats on SDD? It looks like it has the bar like 7DMT (my poor legs), but hoping it has a little more leg room since DH and I are tall and fluffy.

Has anyone seen reports about size of the seats on SDD? It looks like it has the bar like 7DMT (my poor legs), but hoping it has a little more leg room since DH and I are tall and fluffy.
I’m 6’4” with my height mostly in my legs. I fit so much more comfortably on SDD than 7DMT. Plenty of leg room! The seats are also bigger I think. I wasn’t paying to close attention to that.

Cannot wait to check out TSL during our Nov trip.... For those that have rode the slinky dog coaster, how do you think it would be for little ones? I have a tall 2 year old who will reach the height requirements but wonder if it would be too fast/jerky for him.

Also... For those on DDP, have you been able to get any specialty drinks from WLB with the kids meals?

Did you have a Fastpass for SDD? Did they say the entire party had to stand in line (including your 2 year old)?

Sorry for the late reply, we just got back home last night. We did not have a Fastpass for SDD, and yes they said that our entire party had to stand in line including our 2 year old. BUT as I mentioned this was very early in the day. After resting at our resort, we went back later that evening around 6 pm, walked into TSL and Slinky was about a 2 hour wait but they were able to give us a rider swap and the funny thing was it was paper! Wish I would have took a picture! =) So we both got to ride and we LOVED it!

Is the general consensus that Slinky Dog is a tad more “extreme” than Mine Train?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter