• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Also, this villains thing does not work with my dream costume. So I guess I need to come up with another and clearly sign up for a race where it fits the theme?
For past W&D the only time I dressed in theme was during last years Olaf 10k I wore an outfit inspired by Wreck It Ralph 2! Elsa

As we were lectured by slightly older family members for not being familiar with the franchise (I hate the [fake] falling in love aspect so avoided it), thus solidified my uncool status. Also, this villains thing does not work with my dream costume. So I guess I need to come up with another and clearly sign up for a race where it fits the theme?
Lol. Nah, wear anything you want regardless of theme! I just actually like the silly movies and liked the idea of a villain costume that’s not exactly “evil” The music is quite catchy. I actually don’t mind watching them with my daughter (ok...ok, dancing around the living room.😂😂)

I have a random question lol We are doing the challenge for our honeymoon! Do I need to register my wife using her maiden name or using my last name? I don't think she'd have her new ID and stuff back with her new last name on anything. Or is that something we can explain to the volunteers and they'd understand?

If she doesn't change her name, things are much easier... ;)

I was thinking maybe I could skip this weekend. But then my daughter asked me if we had a room and bib yet. Then she asked if we can do the 10 k in 2021 (she will be old enough then). Then she asked how old she needs to be to run the half. So aside from sending messages to rD TAs to see if anything is available and finding a way to register early on Thirsday at work, I'm also looking for second and third jobs to support our rD habit. 😳

A question, as I believe I'm going to be registering Thursday....am I able to go back in and edit shirt sizes, add on presale items like pins, etc? I want to get through registration as quickly as possible. I just can't remember if I can edit those things later.

A question, as I believe I'm going to be registering Thursday....am I able to go back in and edit shirt sizes, add on presale items like pins, etc? I want to get through registration as quickly as possible. I just can't remember if I can edit those things later.
I know you can go back for merch cause last year I didn’t see where to add it and then after signing up went back into my profile to order pins (and put them on a different card to soften the blow to my finances)

I tried to dress up as Mal from Descendants for the Princess Half and my sister nixed it. I was not happy.

General registration opens next Tuesday, right? I'll be WFH that day, so it might be easier to register, but I still haven't decided if I want to attempt another solo trip and hope this one goes better than the last one. Haven't been able to get anyone to commit to going with me (although tbh I haven't been trying really hard) and my usual Disney companion is very unavailable. I gotta figure this out.

Edited to Add: I should probably also figure it out this week before my manager leaves so that I can get my vacation time approved ... not that I think my interim manager or new manager (once that person starts) won't approve it, but I know that my current manager 100% will approve it no questions asked.

First WDW Race so couple of hard and fast questions. I live on the West Coast. What time should I start stalking the website to register to ensure I get into all 3 races? What else should I do/buy when I register? Also, does anyone have ideas on how fast the various distance sell out? Ack! It is happening!

Last edited:
First WDW Race so couple of hard and fast questions. I live on the West Coast. What time should I start stalking the website to register to ensure I get into all 3 races? What else should I do/buy when I register? Also, does anyone have ideas on how fast the various distance sell out? Ack! It is happening!

According to the website general registration is March 10th at 10 am Eastern/7 am Pacific. If you do not already have a runDisney account I would strongly suggest setting one up now to speed registration. You will want to be logged in and hitting refresh before 7 am.

Just get the registration done. Do not worry about anything else; this includes not worrying about submitting a POT during registration since you can go back to add that later. Pre order merchandise is typically not available until a few months before the race.

What is your priority? Register for that first. The theme this year may make historical based guesses about what sells out first inaccurate, but my guess is that the 2 course challenge and the 5k will go fast.

I have a random question lol We are doing the challenge for our honeymoon! Do I need to register my wife using her maiden name or using my last name? I don't think she'd have her new ID and stuff back with her new last name on anything. Or is that something we can explain to the volunteers and they'd understand?

First of all, congratulations in advance!
I would think her maiden name would be best being that’s what it is now and it would be easy to let them know you are newly weds if she happened to have a new ID by the expo. Perhaps more important is if she is submitting a proof of time. Whatever the name from the POT is, the registration needs to match it.

According to the website general registration is March 10th at 10 am Eastern/7 am Pacific. If you do not already have a runDisney account I would strongly suggest setting one up now to speed registration. You will want to be logged in and hitting refresh before 7 am.

Just get the registration done. Do not worry about anything else; this includes not worrying about submitting a POT during registration since you can go back to add that later. Pre order merchandise is typically not available until a few months before the race.

What is your priority? Register for that first. The theme this year may make historical based guesses about what sells out first inaccurate, but my guess is that the 2 course challenge and the 5k will go fast.
Thank you!!

Medal question, Does anyone know if the kids 1 Miller gets a hard medal like that 5k/10K/half or do they get plastic/soft medal like the dashes?

Medal question, Does anyone know if the kids 1 Miller gets a hard medal like that 5k/10K/half or do they get plastic/soft medal like the dashes?
These were last years mile (pumba) and 100 & 200m dash (timon). They are molded plastic with a design on the front, not the back.

thanks! All she wants is areal medal, guess she has to get up at 3am for that!

Or sign up for one of the virtual races over the summer. I did last years to get my DD to earn some medals by doing a couple training runs with me and it was fun. They have been nice medals so far but I haven’t looked at this years series. You do have to wait for them in the mail though so I didn’t have her run until after the events were past and I had the medals to give.

Or sign up for one of the virtual races over the summer. I did last years to get my DD to earn some medals by doing a couple training runs with me and it was fun. They have been nice medals so far but I haven’t looked at this years series. You do have to wait for them in the mail though so I didn’t have her run until after the events were past and I had the medals to give.

We don't have medals for the series yet but we have themes - Space Mountain, Mad Tea Party (teacups), Haunted Mansion, and then the retro Ticket Books. This year's series is celebrating park attractions.

amazing idea! Done

Does anyone have insight as to AP vs. DVC being more likely to sell out first?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter