Official Wine & Dine 2018

I only did the after party the first year and it was vastly different. It was right after the run which was great but only World Showcase was opened. Originally it was just entertainment and the kiosks but then on the evening the Mexico ride and I believe a few of the pavilion movies were open.

I'm really looking forward to trying the F&W samples more than any rides. That will be our only Epcot time this trip since we are just doing 2 park days plus the party. I'll be down there for work in October so I'll get my Epcot fix then.

I apologize if this is a common question, but how could I find out an estimate for half marathon corral placement? My husband and I have a 10k time from marathon weekend of around a 10 minute mile. I think a more accurate estimate for the half is a bit under 2 hours (based on our previous halfs). We’re trying to decide if running another race would make much difference in our placement. Thanks so much for any advice or help! (So pumped to do Wine and Dine! My husband said he wanted to do it out of nowhere and I can’t wait!!)

@Bucky1306......here's the corrals from last year.

w-n-d-half-2017.jpg

The half will be my first rundisney race, is the course pretty flat? This won’t be my first half but the first for a friend I’m running with. Just want to train accordingly.

The half will be my first rundisney race, is the course pretty flat? This won’t be my first half but the first for a friend I’m running with. Just want to train accordingly.
For the most it is flat. From memory There's an incline on Osceola after AK, on an onramp on your way to Studios that's a 'hill' and then when you enter Studios there's a steep shortish incline and then the regular 'hills' to & around World Showcase. So not 100% flat but not anything crazy in my opinion but I live in hillland. I would work in some hills here & there to be prepared and you should be fine.

Here's a link to the map from last year: https://noguiltlife.com/2017-wine-dine-corrals-maps-event-guide/

There's a hill between mile 7 and 8 (overpass), an on-ramp/overpass between mile 9 and 10 and a short hill up to the Fantasia seating section after entering Hollywood Studios. Rest of course is small ups and downs that you experience in the Animal Kingdom and EPCOT world showcase parks. Hills are not steep but are long for the overpasses so do a little hill work and you'll be fine.

So I’m in for the challenge. With half selling out figured I better go ahead and register(@Keels wins - I’m sure she’ll be humble about it).

So I don’t anyone has planned a meet up correct? Would like to try to do one? I would happy to “host” if anyone is interested. We could do pre post party like last year and people couid over together after. Or we could do something another day. Anyone interested? Thoughts?

So I’m in for the challenge. With half selling out figured I better go ahead and register(@Keels wins - I’m sure she’ll be humble about it).

So I don’t anyone has planned a meet up correct? Would like to try to do one? I would happy to “host” if anyone is interested. We could do pre post party like last year and people couid over together after. Or we could do something another day. Anyone interested? Thoughts?
I'd be happy to join a meet up!

I am coming with some friends not on the boards, but I could probably talk them into a pre-post party. :)

No meet up as of yet. There was definitely some interest. I would try to attend as I most likely will be solo.

HUMBLE IS MY MIDDLE NAME, SIR.

(Also - #KnewIt, #CalledIt, #Scoreboard)

Yay! Happy you signed up. I'd be interested in attending the meetup.

I'm for a drink around the world on Monday :) I'll move my planned Universal Day for you all.

Has anyone else had a issue with credit card fraud after registering? I've never had this experience and I only used this card to sign up for the half through active.com. Now my card has taken a tour of Texas and New Mexico (I live in Canada). I sorted everything out with my bank, but this is a really frustrating. From what I can tell active.com seems to have a lot of problems with credit card security.

I'm for a drink around the world on Monday :) I'll move my planned Universal Day for you all.

I’m heading home Monday so no DATW for me. Sounds like we have enough for a meet up on another day though. Plenty of time to figure it out but everyone can pipe in on what day they prefer. I like the pre-party meet up but that may not work for all.

Wow, Interesting to note the Half sold out, isn't this a lot faster than last year on the half?!

@Keels told me they signed up in July last year so definitely sold out faster. Not sure if they reduced amount of bibs though.

Has anyone else had a issue with credit card fraud after registering? I've never had this experience and I only used this card to sign up for the half through active.com. Now my card has taken a tour of Texas and New Mexico (I live in Canada). I sorted everything out with my bank, but this is a really frustrating. From what I can tell active.com seems to have a lot of problems with credit card security.

You just registered for W&D last week, didn't use your card anywhere else within, say, the last 6 months, and there is fraud on the card between that registration and today?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter