Official Wine & Dine 2018

That's right. It was a new card I got for US purchases (no foreign exchange fees) that I just got. I signed up with the early AP registration on March 16th and by March 21st there were 4 different charges from various companies in Texas and New Mexico. I was able to have those charges reversed. Perhaps others may have had some issues as well....

Thanks for the information. There was a news article about a bunch of credit cards being breached after the Princess and the article didn't really have much information in it that would lead anyone to believe the race and breach were related. It sounds like Active, as opposed to Disney, had a breach. Actually the processor Active clears through is likely the one that had the breach since I doubt they do that themselves but it is a useful data point.

Something like this?

View attachment 311380

These are the 2017 Wine and Dine corrals cutoffs (that @jmasgat) linked above with converted McMillan race equivalencies. RunDisney uses a slightly different race equivalency calculator than does McMillan, but they're close. So if you are +/- 1 minute on these you might end up in that grey area. So it sounds like you're aiming for a B corral from 2017 standards (or near sub-2). Thus, a 10k of 53:50 or 10 miler of 1:29:58 would put you pretty close to having a sub-2 HM race equivalency. RunDisney also accepts 12k, 15k, and Marathon times per the website currently for HM POT (I just didn't calculate for those as well).

Two things to keep in mind:

1) The corral cutoffs can change based on the population of runners in the 2018 WD HM. So a 2:00 HM race equivalency could be good enough for B in 2017, but the cutoff could be anything (1:55 or 2:05?) in 2018. Always best to aim for your best time when submitting a POT for purposes of trying to be furtherest ahead (if that's your goal).

2) To reiterate above, these are estimates since McMillan and RunDisney's race equivalency calculators are slightly different.
Yes!! Thank you, this is exactly what I was hoping for. This is incredibly helpful. Man...thank you again!

We were thinking about signing up for the half but obviously that isn’t happening. I never thought it would sell out in less than a week. I guess we will be doing the princess for our first rd event

Ohh, this was my dream plan for after the half! Until I saw the price..yikes. I just can't swing it for my whole family that will be there but it sounds like such a perfect treat for after the race!

We did brunch at CA Grill last year after W&D. It was awesome! I kind of missed my nap though so I think this year I'll be taking a nap then! LOL! I had a hard time napping after it. Once I finally fell asleep I overslept and missed the meetup. Hopefully I'll be able to make this years!

We were thinking about signing up for the half but obviously that isn’t happening. I never thought it would sell out in less than a week. I guess we will be doing the princess for our first rd event

The Challenge is still open. Once you get past the early wake-ups, it's really not that bad.

The Challenge is still open. Once you get past the early wake-ups, it's really not that bad.
I just recently started physical therapy (only gone once but have an appointment today). I’m not sure I’ll be able to do both races by October. That’s why we were waiting to see if I’d even be able to do the half. We just didn’t think it would sell out that fast.

I just recently started physical therapy (only gone once but have an appointment today). I’m not sure I’ll be able to do both races by October. That’s why we were waiting to see if I’d even be able to do the half. We just didn’t think it would sell out that fast.

Have you considered going thru a travel agent? Not sure if they even have bibs left but might be worth a shot.

Princess weekend is only a few months after W&D. If you’re unsure if you’ll be ready for November, I wouldnt stress and just plan on focusing on therapy and training. Plus you’ll have more time to save so maybe you can plan an extra treat/dining reservation/hotel upgrade/etc :)

Princess weekend is only a few months after W&D. If you’re unsure if you’ll be ready for November, I wouldnt stress and just plan on focusing on therapy and training. Plus you’ll have more time to save so maybe you can plan an extra treat/dining reservation/hotel upgrade/etc :)
You’re absolutely right. I had physical therapy today and they made it seem like October wouldn't be the best idea. We were mostly excited to try the Halloween party, the after party for the race, and food and wine since those are all new experiences for us. Maybe next year! Or we can go down and just not do the race

You’re absolutely right. I had physical therapy today and they made it seem like October wouldn't be the best idea. We were mostly excited to try the Halloween party, the after party for the race, and food and wine since those are all new experiences for us. Maybe next year! Or we can go down and just not do the race

Plus, you will probably have a better time if you're fully healed and ready to run! :) I know it's a bummer but depending on how long of a trip you can take for Princess, you might be able to swing getting to go to Festival of the Arts and/or Flower and Garden Festival which might make up a teeny bit for missing Food & Wine! Not exactly the same, but there are some great food and drinks - I actually prefer Flower & Garden to Food & Wine.

Or like you said...you can always come for just F&W and Halloween! ;)

Meet up update - I mean we have seven months or so right so better get on it. ;) After speaking with the DIS boards preeminent meet up planner it seems like good old Hurricane Hannah’s is the best place to go with. Relatively easy to get to and people can go to Epcot or HS or BW after if they have ADRs. Think we’ll stick with Friday too since that probably accommodates more people. Let’s say 2:00 but we can change that if necessary. If people would still like to do a pre-party meet up and then go to the party together(I’d be down), then we can do that too. Think we have a few solos running around this trip. Ok let me know your thoughts and we’ll make adjustments if necessary.

Meet up update - I mean we have seven months or so right so better get on it. ;) After speaking with the DIS boards preeminent meet up planner it seems like good old Hurricane Hattie’s is the best place to go with. Relatively easy to get to and people can go to Epcot or HS or BW after if they have ADRs. Think we’ll stick with Friday too since that probably accommodates more people. Let’s say 2:00 but we can change that if necessary. If people would still like to do a pre-party meet up and then go to the party together(I’d be down), then we can do that too. Think we have a few solos running around this trip. Ok let me know your thoughts and we’ll make adjustments if necessary.

Hannah's.
Hurricane Hannah's. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter