Offsite options that are walkable

candy0730

DIS Veteran
Hi, my son and his friends want to go to Universal in July. They are all under 21 so they cannot stay at a Universal hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions on offsite hotels that are close enough to walk to Universal? They can always Uber but trying to get an idea of walkable options so then I can check to see if they allow 18 year olds to stay without parent. TIA!

Look at Holiday Inn Across from Universal, the DoubleTree right next to it, or anything right near there.

That area is very walkable & safe to do so.
Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately minimum age is 21 for both of those hotels. There is a La Quinta a little further east of those that do allow 18-year-olds to check in. Anyone ever stay there? Looks to be about 45 minute walk.

Check out Motel 6 and Super 8. I think one or both are ok for under 21. I’ve stayed at both as a solo female and haven’t felt unsafe. There are others on I-Drive and the public bus (Lynx) has a route that goes to the CityWalk resort bus loop. First two hotels have a stop close by but are also very walkable (I’ve done many times). La Quinta and the other Major Blvd hotels are also on a bus route dropping off at the same location although those hotels enter CityWalk at valet parking so usually have a much quicker security line.

Hyatt House and also Hyatt Place are both easily walkable and also include a shuttle to the parks. I’m not sure of their minimum age requirement though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter