• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh, I just can't wait to be there! PTR

Isila

There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Here we go!

WHEN
31st March - 6th April, 2014

WHERE
SANTA FE
our first stay in Cars hotel, much to the joy of the biggest McQueen fan

The cast

DS1 aka Gailius, age 8, 4th visit, Buzz fan, loves to hug characters, must do photos with all Goofies and Donalds he meets.

DS2 aka Ignas, age 5, 3rd visit, McQueen fan, picky with characters, loves Mad hatter's tea cups and Le Pays de Contes de Fées, crazy about Cars rally

Mom, me, age "just right for DLP", 4th visit, Disney addict, takes the kids to pretend the trip is for them

Hotel: booked
Flights: not yet, but I've made my decisions (thanks for your help)
Hotel for overnight stay: no. And no idea. HELP?
Transportation: no, not yet. But will book RStransports.

and most of all - I've been keeping it a secret form August 2013. And still it's a secret. Have to keep it a secret 2 weeks up to the visit. I'm going mad...

The plan
Have fun and make most of it.

Meal plan
Inventions!!!!!! Everything else ...

Last years trip was the worst of all. You all know kids got sick and we didn't have good time and I was really upset. I even considered not going: the weather was bad, it was crowded, kids sick, not behaving. I was going crazy. I didn't have all those feelings you get after the visit to DLP. But I want to go. Make up to it. Hopefully this year will be better. I'm looking forward to this trip.

I reading along :goodvibes
I remember your little one ending up in hospital after you last trip :sad1:.
Hopefully this trip will more than make up for it
X

ILOVEDLP said:
I reading along :goodvibes
I remember your little one ending up in hospital after you last trip :sad1:.
Hopefully this trip will more than make up for it
X

Yes, he did. He remembers that with fun, because "food was good there". Oh, those kids.

Donald Ducks wife said:
we are looking forward to seeing you guys again this year, bet your boys have got big the past year

They are taller. Or their trousers get shorter. We're looking forward seeing you too! Well, kids don't know yet, but they do talk of Jonah sometimes, he is their disney friend.
Do you have a meal plan yet? Maybe we'll have lunch/dinner together again.

Good for you keeping the secret! Hopefully! His trip will make up for your last one. looking forward to reading along too!

oh how exciting, hope your kiddos stay well this year. we go for the first time in 2 weeks! Still a secret but will do a big reveal next week!

Well, I forgot to add.

Remember I wasn't very happy with our stay in SL?
A summary: we found other people's stuff under the sink (used hand cream, shampoo and stuff like that), the room wasn't cleaned properly, especially the floor and the pool. And the pool was the main reason why we chose SL over SF or Cheyenne.

So, I did write a complain to DLP relations, but outside the time limit they give you. They paid attention, I got an answer and " we are so sorry...". And a request to let them know of our next stay, so they can make sure we "have a nice and wonderful stay". And I did. Got another email, confirming they have all the details, necessary contacts have been made and they are waiting for us. What ever that means :lmao::lmao:

It seems I have another thing to look to. I don't expect anything, but just wonder if they will remember. :lmao:

Fingers crossed you have a much better time than last year. Here's hoping for some pixie dust too!

I was certain I had posted already to say I'm following along too but I it must not have posted for me :confused3

Anyway - Im really looking forward to read about all your plans and about your surprise reveal to the boys popcorn::

Isila said:
Well, I forgot to add.

Remember I wasn't very happy with our stay in SL?
A summary: we found other people's stuff under the sink (used hand cream, shampoo and stuff like that), the room wasn't cleaned properly, especially the floor and the pool. And the pool was the main reason why we chose SL over SF or Cheyenne.

So, I did write a complain to DLP relations, but outside the time limit they give you. They paid attention, I got an answer and " we are so sorry...". And a request to let them know of our next stay, so they can make sure we "have a nice and wonderful stay". And I did. Got another email, confirming they have all the details, necessary contacts have been made and they are waiting for us. What ever that means :lmao::lmao:

It seems I have another thing to look to. I don't expect anything, but just wonder if they will remember. :lmao:

Lets hope they make it up to you........ A little sprinkling of pixie dust goes a long way ;-)

It would be nice. I was so upset with SL. I expected more after those great reviews and after our stay I got the feeling SL is not worth the money, overpriced and got better reviews than it deserved. And the pool... I guess it's just our "luck".

When we stayed in HNY second time kids found little Plutos on their beds and were so happy about it. I never knew why we got those. But that was a great pixie dust.

UPDATE​

So, I have 58 days left according to my counting ticker :goodvibes:rotfl: and I'm ready to make my reservations at DLP. Well, it would be good if I finally sorted out where and when should we have our meal.

From previous trips I know it's better for us to have a good lunch and light dinner. But... there I'd like to try some places for light lunch and a good dinner :lmao:
So, it looks like this:

Never tried, would love to
Lucky nugget, Hakuna Matata, Toad hall, la cantina, Chuck wagon cafe, Agrabah cafe and kids are still dreaming about Buzz Lightyear's pizza planet.

Must dos
Inventions Sunday brunch! (that's the only reason we're staying on Sunday :lmao: )
Annette's - love the food there.
Cowboy cookout - I want to have that Angus burger again :lovestruc
Restaurant des stars - I love this place and Remy too.

So, it all comes to this...

MEAL PLAN :laughing:

Monday
(arrival day; we'll have an early flight, so we'll have an early night; and I expect kids to be hungry when we get to DLP; plane arrives 9 am in CDG, I expect to be in DLP around 10.30. When do teh cafes and restaurants open?)
Lunch: ???
Dinner: Annette's (what time would be good to avoid evening rush?)

Tuesday
Lunch: Hakuna Matata
Dinner: La cantina

Wednesday
Lunch: Restaurant des stars
Dinner: ????

Thursday
Lunch: Cowboy cookout
Dinner: Chuck wagon

Friday
Lunch: Toad hall
Dinner: ????

Saturday
Lunch: Plaza gardens or Agrabah cafe?
Dinner: ?????

Sunday
Lunch: Inventions Sunday brunch
Dinner: I expect we'll have it in a hotel next to CDG... Or should we treat ourselves with last dinner in DLP?​

I have to many ? in my plan :confused:

What about Cafe Mickey? You could share a pizza there one evening.

I was thinking about that too. I don't expect much as reviews are going down, but if to think it's just a pizza.. :goodvibes I don't to spend much as we'll be doing Inventions as character dinner.

I wonder if I can ask not to put mushrooms and olives on our pizza in Cafe Mickey? :confused3 Kids hate these :headache:

I wonder if I can ask not to put mushrooms and olives on our pizza in Cafe Mickey? :confused3 Kids hate these :headache:
Yes they do them without if you ask.
I would definitely include the Lucky Nugget - it was so good when we were there!
Great plans Isila. Your ticker will soon be down to single digits :cool1::cool1: We are almost at double digits :rotfl: time is standing still!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter