"Oh we're goin' to the hukilau" - Who's going to the Poly in July '10?

Hi everyone, I can't believe I've never seen this thread until now (someone linked it in the Poly FAQ thread, so thanks for that!), anyways I'll be at the Poly July 22nd - August 2nd!

So excited, this is our first stay at the Poly (I'm going with my parents) and it's my mom's dream resort so hopefully we will have an amazing time.

Hope everyone has an amazing vacation!

I've been doing this, too!! :lmao:

"4 weeks from today we'll be at the Polynesian!!!" :sunny: :laughing:

Hello:)
We too will be in the Hawaii building from July 4-9th! I was reading your posts and we will probably see each other a lot! In the lounge and the pool! I have just started my park planning with the help of TGM!
Hope to see you there!!!

WOW ... it's amazing the Poly has any rooms left with all of us going so soon.

We're in the Hawaii bldg beginning 6/29th through 7/8th ... can't wait!

As my kids just said .... just 11 more sleeps ... or 10 days and a wake up.:rotfl:

Welcome mdrob214! I've added you to our first page list! Can't believe some of us are leaving so soon!!!! Yay!!! Are you ready?? :cool1::dance3::cool1::dance3::cool1::dance3:

Umm, if by ready you mean excited and anxious to get there, then yes! If by ready you mean even slightly organized and starting to get stuff together to pack--then not even close!:rolleyes1

Umm, if by ready you mean excited and anxious to get there, then yes! If by ready you mean even slightly organized and starting to get stuff together to pack--then not even close!:rolleyes1

:rotfl: Haha! I totally get it!

I'm doing the single digit dance today -- 9 more days .... counter below is wrong ... we moved up our date by a day b/c flight were way cheapter ...:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Can we join in the fun?

We'll be staying at the Poly for the first time July 4th - July 11th. We've always wanted to stay there and now we are finally going to do it.

Have fun all July Poly WDW trippers.

Can we join in the fun?

We'll be staying at the Poly for the first time July 4th - July 11th. We've always wanted to stay there and now we are finally going to do it.

OF COURSE you can join the fun!!!! I've added you to the first page! You're going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Poly! We have some people going really soon - you must be sooooo excited!!! Remember that WDW ad "I'm too excited to sleep!" :lmao:

How are everyone's preparations coming??? I'm working on breaking in 3 new pairs of sandals and my feet are covered with moleskin but hopefully in 2 weeks they'll be all set!!! I also need to start my packing list, but since this is our last day of school, I haven't had ANY time to do it - I'm in full-blown preparation mode as of 3:00 today! Woohooo!!!!!

OF COURSE you can join the fun!!!! I've added you to the first page! You're going to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Poly! We have some people going really soon - you must be sooooo excited!!! Remember that WDW ad "I'm too excited to sleep!" :lmao:

How are everyone's preparations coming??? I'm working on breaking in 3 new pairs of sandals and my feet are covered with moleskin but hopefully in 2 weeks they'll be all set!!! I also need to start my packing list, but since this is our last day of school, I haven't had ANY time to do it - I'm in full-blown preparation mode as of 3:00 today! Woohooo!!!!!

Thanks for adding us Zuzu. We are very excited and can't wait to go!

Thanks for adding us Zuzu. We are very excited and can't wait to go!

No problem - we're very glad to have you!!!! My DD's name is Emma too! She's 17 and this trip is her graduation trip. I had asked her where she wanted to go, Europe or WDW, she chose WDW! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the last day of school! My kids have been out for a month--I'll be ready to send them back soon:lmao:.

I just bought a dress and a skirt/top for dinners at Yachtsman and Narcosee's. But I don't have shoes that are comfortable and will match. The dress is a black/white sundress and the skirt is white/black top. So I got a pair of black and white flip flops and will wear those. I'm wearing them as much as possible in the next week in hopes that they are ok. I'll only be wearing them for evenings, at least, and they're not exactly fancy--the Adidas ones with the gel cushion sole. i hope the fashion police don't arrest me, but it IS a themepark, after all!:rotfl:

Can we join in the fun?

Hi Disney Ron,

We'll be there from 6/29th through 7/8th -- maybe we'll see you at the pool.

.... as for our preparations .... the luggage is out and as I do the laundry I'm folding the clothes and putting them right into the suitcases ... I'm about half way there .... ponchos have been found ....

Lorie

Hi Disney Ron,

.... as for our preparations .... the luggage is out and as I do the laundry I'm folding the clothes and putting them right into the suitcases ... I'm about half way there .... ponchos have been found ....

Lorie

Lorie! You're getting so close!!!! You must be soooo excitied!!!

Congrats on the last day of school! My kids have been out for a month--I'll be ready to send them back soon:lmao:.

I just bought a dress and a skirt/top for dinners at Yachtsman and Narcosee's. But I don't have shoes that are comfortable and will match. The dress is a black/white sundress and the skirt is white/black top. So I got a pair of black and white flip flops and will wear those. I'm wearing them as much as possible in the next week in hopes that they are ok. I'll only be wearing them for evenings, at least, and they're not exactly fancy--the Adidas ones with the gel cushion sole. i hope the fashion police don't arrest me, but it IS a themepark, after all!:rotfl:

Thanks!!! It's so funny, several students have come back in these past few days to drop off textbooks, pick up their report card, etc. and they tell us they're already bored after only 2 days off (we've had inservice days)! Man, I'm NEVER bored at home, especially when there's some serious Disney planning to do! :lmao:

As far as footwear goes, I'm all about fashion following function at the theme parks! If my feet aren't happy, then I'm not happy!!! Fashion police be darned!!! :rotfl:

No problem - we're very glad to have you!!!! My DD's name is Emma too! She's 17 and this trip is her graduation trip. I had asked her where she wanted to go, Europe or WDW, she chose WDW! :thumbsup2

We'll be celebrating our Emma's 1st birthday.

Congrats to your DD on graduating and she made a great choice for a trip.

Zuzu, we think Emma is such a pretty name. I guess great minds think alike.;)

Hi Disney Ron,

Lorie

Hi Lorie, you'll probably see my wife and kids at the pool, and you'll probably see me at the pool bar.:cool1:

Have a great and safe holiday.

Lorie~ You are very close!!! Wow! I love the last few days just before you go....busy, but fun! :)

Disney Ron~ :welcome: Looks like you'll be leaving soon, too!

Zuzu~ Your daughter is a very smart girl :thumbsup2 Great choice! lol

mdrob~ You should be fine with those sandals. I've seen everything in footwear at those restaurants from Havianas to stilettos. I usually wear my dressier sandals at night but comfort is important. BTW we are dining at Yachtsman and Narcoossee's too. Our 30th anniversary dinner is at Narcs. :lovestruc

I just asked my DH to get the luggage down from the attic. We still have 26 days to go but it's not too early to start.....right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter