• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK . . . who's been on the Buzz ride?!?

jlima

Beep Beep!
Miceage.com says they've started testing the Buzz ride as of 2/28. If you've been on it please post!!!!!

I haven't had a chance to go to the Land :(

Going to San Francisco this weekend, so I'll just have to do it next weekend.

I did...but it was at WDW... :rotfl:
I wanted to go today to check if they were doing a soft opening, but I was too lazy, will probably try Sun. or Mon.

They didn't appear to be doing any soft-openings when I was there on Tuesday (that day), so I didn't get a chance to try it. Depending on the weather I might try to get over there again in the next week or so.

Hey Mary Jo, you're coming up my way this weekend. Too bad I'll be out of town, otherwise I'd try to find ya.

The one at WDW is a blast - hope they didn't change it! It's one of my favorites now, as well as DH's and the kiddos. Can't wait to try it out at the end of April!!!!!

AFMom said:
The one at WDW is a blast - hope they didn't change it! It's one of my favorites now, as well as DH's and the kiddos. Can't wait to try it out at the end of April!!!!!

Actually it is different and reviews have it being even better than WDW's. The one at DL is closer to the one in Tokyo (removable guns (attached with a wire not mounted like WDW's) is the only thing I know is different than the one at WDW but there are other differences). We will also be there near the end of April!

My wife, kids and I loved the one in WDW this past November, so if it is open when we are at DL next month, that would be awesome! :banana: :cool1: :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

The sweetpea and I loved the one in WDW at MK. We rode it quite a few times. We are both really looking forward to riding it at DL.

Official opening is March 17 with many surprise openings until then so we should hear from someone who's been on it soon.

I do know that starting this summer (not right away when they open it) they will have some interaction with people on the internet. Something like people will be competeing against or combing scores with those on the internet. I should have paid more attention to the article.

got2travel said:
Hey Mary Jo, you're coming up my way this weekend. Too bad I'll be out of town, otherwise I'd try to find ya.

That would have been great to meet up with you. :)

My dd is turning 16 on Tuesday, and I'm taking her & her best friend to a concert up there (part of an Anime Expo they want to attend). My ds & I will tool around the city during the day while they're at the Expo.

Maybe next time - or the next time you're down this way ...

The Unofficial Guide says people at home are paired up and play along with the guests on the ride through the internet by web cam. How cool!!

I am hearing that it has been soft opening today to all DL guests! I am going tonight so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be open.

Hi!
We're going tonight too!! If we ride, we'll post a review!

:sunny: .....Lisa

Just got back last night and there were no rides on it on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. I did ask a CM and he told me March 17th, but it looked like it was all ready to go. They had covers on the little kisosks at the front. :cool1:

We rode it this morning, they opened it at 10 just as we got in line. We had a short 15 minute or so wait and were on the ride. Most of the line will be outside, there is very little inside line (at least thats how it seemed) 2 rooms of line only). It's pretty similar to what I remember from WDW, You lift the guns out which it a lot easier to shoot, especially if you've got a 6 year old manning the turn joystick. Everytime I went to shoot she'd spin us around. The premise is the same, but the scenes are different. At the end they tell you what level you are based on your score, then give you a rank. I remember most of us were level 3 with one level 4. We had 6 people go on, 4 adults and 2 children. We rode 3 and 3 and were fine, not too squished. The kids sat in the middle and ran the joystick while the adults fired. My daughter didn't want to shoot the gun (I think she was afraid something would pop out at her).

If I remember my camera I'll get some shots next time we ride.

Hi!
We rode last night!!!! It had been closed from 5:30 until about 9:00. We loved it! It is quite different than WDW.
*One thing we noticed is that the rooms you ride through are much narrower, so targets are a lot closer. Granted, we were so immersed in trying to shoot, we didn't do a lot of observation. :rolleyes1

*There don't seem to be as many targets as WDW.

*We love the fact that the laser guns are not mounted on the cars. You can pick them up and point them where you want. They also vibrate at times.....I didn't make the connestion to whether they di it when you shoot or when you hit a target. Gee, I guess I'll have to go again!! :goodvibes

*Also, the targets are covered in LED lights that all light up when the target is hit!

*One theory, that we will have to test on a future visit, is that the score board doesn't seem to register your hits if you just old the trigger down. DH said he had to keep squeezing the trigger for the score to come up. I just held mine down and my score was horrible!!

* Almost the entire queue is outside, so if you go and it looks long, it may be deceiving. The inside queue is pretty short and the big Buzz is there giving instructions on a giant Etch-a-Sketch. The line moved REALLY fast. I don't know if it will continue to once they start using Fastpass.

***Possible tip: Near the end of the ride, there is a small black tunnel with lights running through it. There appears to be a target on the wall, behind you, that is black and blends in with the wall until the lights pass throguh it. I get the feeling that if you it, it'll be worth BIG points!!

We're happy to have Buzz and the gang at DL!! Can't wait for Space Mountain to come back and help breathe life into Tomorrowland once more!!!
I'm sure I left some things out, so if you have questions, I'll try to answer!
them!!

Take Care!.........Lisa

Well technically it was Sunday night, it's Mon morning now!LOL!
I asked the CM if it had been open all day and she said yes. We got to DL at around 7:30 pm and it was open, we got in line, it said 25 minute wait, also grabbed a FP for 10:25. It was fun, but I think I liked WDW's better, at least I got a lot better score there!

We were at DLR all week and I was hoping to get a chance to ride it. It is different than the WDW version, I think I like the DLR version better. I like that you get to lift the guns, it makes it eaisier to get harder shots. I sent our pictures via e-mail, and as soon as we got home Sunday evening, I looked them up, but they weren't there. I don't know if I did something incorrectly, or if it is a problem from their end, but we were VERY dissapointed when the pics were not there. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter