• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OK . . . who's been on the Buzz ride?!?

We rode on Friday and our pics came in today, so give it some time. I don't know where they take the pics, but everybody looks really serious ;)

We thought it was better than the WDW version, it also seems to go slower, so you get more time to shoot at the targets.
There are also different types of targets, the triangles are the most points, then the squares, and then the Z's.

JJ Penguin

We rode it again twice last night. Keep shooting at everywhere as we found 2 hidden targets. Also I noticed that it seemed to slow down in certain places to make shooting easier. I wasn't paying much attention so I don't know if they just slowed it down to help people load, or if there are places where it does go by slower (though I'm not sure how that would work unless the cars are able to space out better. We didn't get the pic we did last night, though I'll give it a couple days, maybe we'll eventually get it.

It takes at least 24 hours to received your email pictures. Slow downs usually occur when someone needs special assistance, so take advantage and score xtra points. Having a 3 year old with you makes it much more difficult to play as they spin you in multiple 360's. :)

I just went on it today and thought it was a great improvement over its Florida counterpart.... And I was a big fan of the Florida version.
The "Z"'s flash when you hit them and they're not just Z's in a circle. The Z's are in different shapes and each shape os generally worth more points. From lowest to highest you have Circle, Square, Diamond, and Triangle. I think I saw a yellow moon and green clover too... Oh wait, that was my Lucky Charms.
At the end of the ride, you can email your photo from the ride to friends and it includes your score. This was a bit of a stupid move on Disney's part. They only installed 5 computer stations to email your photos. Did they not think that everyone would want to do that?!?! I seriously think they need to at least double that.
All in all, this is going to be a HUGE success for Disneyland.

Diva of Dragons said:

***Possible tip: Near the end of the ride, there is a small black tunnel with lights running through it. There appears to be a target on the wall, behind you, that is black and blends in with the wall until the lights pass throguh it. I get the feeling that if you it, it'll be worth BIG points!!

I believe I got 100,000 for hitting that target. =) My score on my first (and only so far) ride was 328,000.

There are actually multiple targets in the area, we hit a few of them.

Donna

We rode it Monday (it opened at 2pm) with a 25-30 minute wait and rode it yesterday around noon with a ten minute wait! Everyone is right, most of the line is outside, it's very short once you get in! It was great!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter