OKW Grand Villa layout

DarleneW

Mouseketeer
We were just taken off of the waitlist for the Grand Villa at OKW and will be staying there for 5 days in November :cool1:. The woman at member services told us you enter on the second floor and the bedrooms are on the lower level. Pictures I have looked at seemed just the opposite. Enter on the 1st floor where the master bedroom is and the other bedrooms are upstairs. Has anybody stayed there that can let me know which is right. I know it doesn't really matter I'm just curious. :scratchin Never thought we would get taken off of the waitlist and into a Grand Villa!

I believe most OKW GVs are on the second and third floors of their buildings. I know ours was.

So, yes, you enter the first floor of the GV, BUT it's on the second floor of the building (in most cases) so you have to walk up the outside staircase to get there.

The master bedroom is on the first floor of the villa along with the kitchen, living and dining rooms, laundry and baths.

The second floor of the villa (third floor of the building) has the other two bedrooms/baths.

The one time I have stayed in a GV; the first floor had the kitchen, living room, dining room, laundry, master and bath. The second floor had the other two bedrooms and baths. We were on the first and second floor of the building.

The one time I have stayed in a GV; the first floor had the kitchen, living room, dining room, laundry, master and bath. The second floor had the other two bedrooms and baths. We were on the first and second floor of the building.

From this thread and discussion around it, it seems like there is only one GV with access from the ground floor is HA, in building 48. The rest are all on the second and third floors of their buildings.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1251562

I think there is confusion about the term "floors." The OKW buildings have multiple floors and the OKW GVs are 2 stories tall. I am not sure about which OKW GVs have their first "story" on the ground "floor" but all OKW GVs have the main entrance on the first "story" of the GV where the kitchen, dining, living, and master bedroom are located.

Thanks everybody. Maybe that was what she was talking about when I talked to the woman in guest relations but it really sounded like she said we entered on the upper level of the villa and had to go down stairs to get to the bedrooms. Maybe she was confused. I am requesting one of the buildings with the elevators if that will be possible. We have an infant with a stroller and of course our luggage because we are driving and aren't using Magical Express.

There are three OKW GVs where you would not have to climb stairs to enter the villa. As noted here, there is one in Building 48 where the entry is at ground level and it is HCA. Except for this GV, all others have the first story of the villa on the second level of its respective building. There are two GVs in Building 63 where there is elevator access to the second level.

Once inside the GV, the Master BR, living room, kitchen and balcony are located on the first floor of the GV itself. The bedroom has its own bathroom (with sink, shower and toliet) plus jacuzzi tub and separate sink in another area with the closet. There is also a separate bathroom on the first floor of the GV.

The second floor of the GV has the other two BRs - each with its own private bath. There is no elevator access to the second floor of any of the OKW GVs. Only the master bedroom is HCA in the HCA GVs.

There are three OKW GVs where you would not have to climb stairs to enter the villa. As noted here, there is one in Building 48 where the entry is at ground level and it is HCA. Except for this GV, all others have the first story of the villa on the second level of its respective building. There are two GVs in Building 63 where there is elevator access to the second level.

Once inside the GV, the Master BR, living room, kitchen and balcony are located on the first floor of the GV itself. The bedroom has its own bathroom (with sink, shower and toliet) plus jacuzzi tub and separate sink in another area with the closet. There is also a separate bathroom on the first floor of the GV.

The second floor of the GV has the other two BRs - each with its own private bath. There is no elevator access to the second floor of any of the OKW GVs. Only the master bedroom is HCA in the HCA GVs.

Thanks we don't need the handicap access just want the outside elevator because of luggage and a stroller. It would be much easier with the stroller to have an elevator rather than have to carry it up and down the stairs every time we leave or come home.

Thanks we don't need the handicap access just want the outside elevator because of luggage and a stroller. It would be much easier with the stroller to have an elevator rather than have to carry it up and down the stairs every time we leave or come home.

That's the same thing everyone staying at OKW thinks. Elevator is much easier, but they pretty much reserve them for medical needs.

That's the same thing everyone staying at OKW thinks. Elevator is much easier, but they pretty much reserve them for medical needs.

I agree -- if the elevator is very important to you, I would recommend trying to book at another resort, because the liklihood is high that you will not get an elevator building.

It isn't a necessity just would be nice. Not going to book at another resort. Way too many points at other resorts. I requested it and they made a notation of my request so I'll just see what happens.

Perhaps your a little misunderstood about "floors." Most OKW GV are on the second floor (as opposed to ground level). Once you enter the GV, there's a master bedroom on the main floor and two more bedrooms on the GV's second floor (which could technically be considered a third floor).

Enjoy, the GV's are nice to stay in!

Sometimes they forget to even give them to you for medical needs! We had a family member with us that was confined to a wheelchair and they accidentally put us in a non-elevator building on the 2ND floor...Needless to say, that mistake was how we got out first wonderful encounter with BWV! But yes, the elevator building are hard to get and will be prioritized to those who really have a physical need for them.

Although we've been at the GV at OKW; our last visit we were on the third floor! Of a 2 bedroom and had two toddlers, no car and had to carry the double stroller up the stairs. That said, we loved it and would do again on he third floor in a heartbeat,,,

It isn't a necessity just would be nice. Not going to book at another resort. Way too many points at other resorts. I requested it and they made a notation of my request so I'll just see what happens.

There are only two GVs with elevator access and one of those is HCA. you'll have a 1-in-25 chance of getting that specific GV in Building 63, so it will greatly depend on whether it is already occupied on your arrival day.

Good luck! :)

Our GV was not an HA.
The OKW GV in building 48 is the only one with the entry on ground floor.

We have stayed there because we have a DD who is not able to walk.
It has a roll in shower and roll under sink in the master bathroom, and a roll under sink in the kitchen. The whirlpool tub and toilet have grab bars.
Other than that, it is pretty much like the other GVs. The second downstairs bathroom and the whole second floor are not accessible, so it could be easy to miss the accessibility.

Perhaps your a little misunderstood about "floors." Most OKW GV are on the second floor (as opposed to ground level). Once you enter the GV, there's a master bedroom on the main floor and two more bedrooms on the GV's second floor (which could technically be considered a third floor).

Enjoy, the GV's are nice to stay in!

I guess I could have misunderstood but I do know I was told that you enter on the second floor and the stairs go down to the lower level for the bedrooms. Which was very confusing to me because I have seen the pictures. But thanks everybody for all your comments. We will still cross our fingers and hope for a GV in building 63. :goodvibes

We drive and have had single and double strollers to deal with a OKW on the 2nd floor and it has been a piece of cake!

The initial luggage situation is real but it is a 10 minute effort - no biggie...

And we usually drive to the parks, so often left the stroller in the car and just carried or walked the kid upstairs without the stroller...

We had building 56 both times (like it so much we request it now!) - don't know if there are any GV in that area but we love it there!

Have a great trip!

We drive and have had single and double strollers to deal with a OKW on the 2nd floor and it has been a piece of cake!

The initial luggage situation is real but it is a 10 minute effort - no biggie...

And we usually drive to the parks, so often left the stroller in the car and just carried or walked the kid upstairs without the stroller...

We had building 56 both times (like it so much we request it now!) - don't know if there are any GV in that area but we love it there!

Have a great trip!

We are driving also but we don't drive to the parks we use the Disney transportation so the strollers need to be in the room. Or I guess they could be left in the car since at OKW we can park right by our room. Something to think about when we get there. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter