OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

There is the Gurgling Suitcase near the main pool, behind Olivia's. It is a full service bar. At the Turtle Pond pool (which is currently closed for refurbishment) there is the Turtle SHack, a limited service bar/snack bar combo. The Miller's Road pool and South Point pool do not have a bar, but there are Coca-cola machines for carbonated soft drinks drinks, I don't remember if they are cans or bottles, or both.

I actually like the color grey as a wall color regardless of where it is. It's hard for me to complain since they are updating it.

I actually like the color grey as a wall color regardless of where it is. It's hard for me to complain since they are updating it.
I use grey in my rental properties, but I'm not too keen on it at OKW. I like it when Disney resorts match a theme, and aren't generic. I mean, imagine the Poly without a tropical theme, or the Wilderness Lodge and associated DVCs without rustic/national park lodge theme, or Animal Kingdom Lodge and Kidani without an African theme.

I use grey in my rental properties, but I'm not too keen on it at OKW. I like it when Disney resorts match a theme, and aren't generic. I mean, imagine the Poly without a tropical theme, or the Wilderness Lodge and associated DVCs without rustic/national park lodge theme, or Animal Kingdom Lodge and Kidani without an African theme.

Yes, yes, yes

I mean, imagine the Poly without a tropical theme, or the Wilderness Lodge and associated DVCs without rustic/national park lodge theme, or Animal Kingdom Lodge and Kidani without an African theme.
Exactly, first imagine painting the furniture white at Kidani and then the bathroom walls a greyish blue. So why not keep OKW’s identy?

The pictures they had of all the shells and the map of Key West are gone and replaced with pictures that could be used at BWV or BCV or BLT. The designer should be fired (as well as those who approved the design) except she/he is probably a relative to someone towards the top of the ladder.
totally agree!

Love it! Of course, why not ask the dishes.

They should rename Florida to the Grey State. So appealing.

I noticed the shower curtain looks like it belongs in a water/ocean themed setting.

Last edited:
Hi all! When staying on a cash reservation in a 2 bedroom villa, do we receive things like laundry detergent, dish soap and dish cloths, etc...? I think you do, but wanted to verify. Thank you!

Hi all! When staying on a cash reservation in a 2 bedroom villa, do we receive things like laundry detergent, dish soap and dish cloths, etc...? I think you do, but wanted to verify. Thank you!
Yes, you will get all of those items and they are typically replenished daily for cash stays. DVC stays do get an initial supply but, not the extra daily replenishments unless Mousekeeping is being extra generous (or forgets).

Reactions: CJK
On a cash stay where the reservation is made through the regular WDW resort bookings, yes, you get daily housekeeping and those items will be replenished. If you are a DVC Member and made a DVC Cash booking through DVC Member Services, no, you will follow the same schedule as a points reservation.

Reactions: CJK
When doing online check in... what are the best options to put in as room preferences from the drop down menus? I'm not familiar with this resort at all.

When doing online check in... what are the best options to put in as room preferences from the drop down menus? I'm not familiar with this resort at all.
Only three buildings have elevators, so if you don't want to hike the stairs, select lower floor or ground floor. If there is a choice of locations, check the OKW map on the first post of this thread to see where they are located.

I've never waited 40 minutes at OKW. 20 at most. But a 40 minutes wait might happen at any resort if there is a problem somewhere.

We were trying to get to a MNSSHP last fall and arrived at the Southpoint stop at 6:23. The time stated 6:40. OK, we missed the bus. The time went to 6:45, 6:50, then jumped to 7:10. At that point, we called an Uber. Uber picked us up at the stop and the time had increased to 7:25, a full hour and 2 minutes after we had arrived. There were dozens of folks in costumes, close to a bus full just from our stop alone. There definitely was some type of communications breakdown.

We were trying to get to a MNSSHP last fall and arrived at the Southpoint stop at 6:23. The time stated 6:40. OK, we missed the bus. The time went to 6:45, 6:50, then jumped to 7:10. At that point, we called an Uber. Uber picked us up at the stop and the time had increased to 7:25, a full hour and 2 minutes after we had arrived. There were dozens of folks in costumes, close to a bus full just from our stop alone. There definitely was some type of communications breakdown.

This is exactly why we rent a car (for long trips) or use the Minnie Vans. Our last stay at SS we had a similar situation. So many buses came and went for other parks. We waited about an hour for a bus to MK.

Might have been traffic issue on site. We had that problem once at KV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter