OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I have only stayed here once and looking to go again this October in a 2 bedroom. What is YOUR favorite buidling to request for a 2 bedrooon? 4 adults.
It kind of depends on you, but we prefer building 35 no matter what size unit. Its convenient to the bus stop, Turtle pond pool, and easy to drive to/from

It kind of depends on you, but we prefer building 35 no matter what size unit. Its convenient to the bus stop, Turtle pond pool, and easy to drive to/from
As long as you aren't in a studio, Bldg 35 is convenient. The studios in that building are dark because they are in the inside corners of the building.

Did you happen to check if the refill station at the Turtle Shack was open? I'm still trying to figure out how "seasonal" it is!
Pretty sure the drink refill should be open. It’s now separate from the snack bar. (Same building, but they put the drink refill station in the arcade next to the snack bar.)

Have all the studios been refurbed now or are there certain sections that are still being worked on? We requested to be near the HH since the HH booking category was not available. Are there any pictures of the newly refurbed studios in this thread? We arrive March. 6th. Thanks!!!

All buildings have been completed.

Nice video. I am not sure when it was taken but Old Key West bathrooms no longer have the individual toiletries as they have been switched to the wall mounted large bottles.

Nice video. I am not sure when it was taken but Old Key West bathrooms no longer have the individual toiletries as they have been switched to the wall mounted large bottles.
One bedroom and larger units still receive some of the individual toiletries for use in the Jacuzzi tub, at least they did in December. The showers all have the wall mounted dispensers.

Hi All,

I would be grateful for your help deciding what request to make for a 1 bed unit. We are visiting OKW for the first time in May, 2 adults, 2 older teen boys. We would like to be close to a quiet pool (maybe Turtle Pond?), and close to transport. We loved SSR 2 years ago when we stayed in one of the buildings right beside the Paddock Pool, close to transport & only 5 mins walk over the bridge to the main building. Can you recommend buildings that would be similar (may not be possible since OKW seems to be more spread out). Also would like a nice view & shade if possible for lots of sitting on the balcony!

Thanks very much!
Dee

Are the quiet pools still 24/7? When we were there in 2015 the sign said that pool close at 11:00 PM. Another guest told us that the front desk told him the pools were 24/7 when he checked in. We often swam until after 1:00 AM. Security even came by and chatted with us. They never mentioned anything the pool being closed.

Are the quiet pools still 24/7? When we were there in 2015 the sign said that pool close at 11:00 PM. Another guest told us that the front desk told him the pools were 24/7 when he checked in. We often swam until after 1:00 AM. Security even came by and chatted with us. They never mentioned anything the pool being closed.
No, the pools have posted hours. Usually around 11pm.

Hi All,

I would be grateful for your help deciding what request to make for a 1 bed unit. We are visiting OKW for the first time in May, 2 adults, 2 older teen boys. We would like to be close to a quiet pool (maybe Turtle Pond?), and close to transport. We loved SSR 2 years ago when we stayed in one of the buildings right beside the Paddock Pool, close to transport & only 5 mins walk over the bridge to the main building. Can you recommend buildings that would be similar (may not be possible since OKW seems to be more spread out). Also would like a nice view & shade if possible for lots of sitting on the balcony!

Thanks very much!
Dee
Just request Turtle Pond. It seems to meet all your requests.

Hey guys,

my girlfriend and I are staying at OWK from Nov. 28th - Dec. 4th.
I requested a Studio in buildings 34 -35, 45 - 46 or 31-33 (in this order).

Q: Do any of the studios have 1 large bed (I believe this is King, right? Sorry, I'm from Europe ;-)) or do they all have two separate beds?

Hey guys,

my girlfriend and I are staying at OWK from Nov. 28th - Dec. 4th.
I requested a Studio in buildings 34 -35, 45 - 46 or 31-33 (in this order).

Q: Do any of the studios have 1 large bed (I believe this is King, right? Sorry, I'm from Europe ;-)) or do they all have two separate beds?
All of the studios at OKW have two queen size beds.

Thinking of trying OKW next year because DD dislikes the sofa bed at SSR. Are there any quiet pools that would have pool bars open in February or is it just the main pool?

Thinking of trying OKW next year because DD dislikes the sofa bed at SSR. Are there any quiet pools that would have pool bars open in February or is it just the main pool?
Turtle Pond has a snack bar. Don’t know if I would call it a pool bar. I think they only have beer and wine. It is open late morning to early evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter