OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

You are missing out on some hilarious golfers.

Definitely! DH brings his binoculars, and when he's not out golfing himself, he sits and watches the golfers, speculating on whether they'll make their next shot, how they'll play it, etc. The parks are just to keep wifey out of his hair while he watches the TRUE entertainment.

actually, this kinda gives me the creeps.
Why? What do you think binoculars are for? Simba's Mom's DH isn't spying on guests in their villas, just watching golfers on the golf course. It's just another form of people watching.

Why? What do you think binoculars are for? Simba's Mom's DH isn't spying on guests in their villas, just watching golfers on the golf course. It's just another form of people watching.
ok, was just stating how it made me feel. no need for comment. People watching with binoculars, still creeps me out, LOL .

We are staying at OKW for the first time in a few weeks. My mom is in a wheelchair & we have a “near hospitality house” room. But my question to this group - busses to the parks - I read “peninsular” is the first stop…but looks like a big road with many stops. Does anyone have info in terms of where the first shuttle bus stop is at in the resort?

We are staying at OKW for the first time in a few weeks. My mom is in a wheelchair & we have a “near hospitality house” room. But my question to this group - busses to the parks - I read “peninsular” is the first stop…but looks like a big road with many stops. Does anyone have info in terms of where the first shuttle bus stop is at in the resort?
For the parks, it is Penninsular Rd. For Disney Springs, the bus stops at the Hospitality House and then Penninsular Rd.

Make sure you get a first floor villa since Near Hospitality House booking category doesn't include the three buildings with elevators. Near Hospitality House is 11-14 and 23-26. Elevators are in 62, 63 and 64.

We’re debating staying here next week for the first time. We found a 2 bedroom for 3 nights for $920. It would just be Dh, me, and our ds (16 months). Is there a good splash pad/kids area? Are there any playgrounds? Thanks!

We’re debating staying here next week for the first time. We found a 2 bedroom for 3 nights for $920. It would just be Dh, me, and our ds (16 months). Is there a good splash pad/kids area? Are there any playgrounds? Thanks!
Wow that’s a lot, a lot of room for 2 and a infant about 1,400 sq ft. I know the main pool has a small kids pool, sand and play area. There is a play area at the Turtle Pond pool too.

Actually kids that age usually love any pool, as long as Mom and Dad (or in our case Grandma or Grandpa) are with them. We took our granddaughters to OKW when they were about that age, Grandpa took them to the pool every afternoon and they had a great time.

Thanks everyone. We ended up not booking it but I’ll keep that in mind if we decide to stay there in the future!

Hello OKW lovers! I am staying here for the first time and normally request a dedicated studio (instead of one with a connecting room). Does OKW have that? If so, is it in one booking area (near hospitality house vs standard) or both? Thanks for your knowledge 🙏

Old Key West Villa Types
-274 Dedicated 2BRs
-230 Lockoffs
-27 Grand Villas
-0 Dedicated Studios
-0 Dedicated 1BR
Total = 531 Villas / 761 Max. Villas Available

Old Key West Villa Sizes
-Studio: 390 sq. ft.
-1 BR: 1005 sq. ft.
-2 BR: 1410 sq. ft.
-GV: 2375 sq. ft.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter